MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Racing

Valentino Rossi in bad smash

Valentino Rossi in bad smash - Forums [Biker Match] Valentino Rossi in bad smash - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Racing /

Valentino Rossi in bad smash

Poor guy's done his leg in really badly this morning. Three months out, at least. (But footballers who break their leg that badly look at a year out...not nice at all)

Get well soon, Doctor.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/motorbikes/8...723843.stm

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/06/2010 12:35  

That made me feel sick......I thought that you meant Our Rossi!!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 05/06/2010 12:37  

Ouch! hope he's a quick healer. To be expected in his line of work tho eh?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/06/2010 12:38  

Thanks for changing the thread title Didn't mean to start a panic in Bolton!

Update Reply
Wills @ 05/06/2010 12:57  

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 05/06/2010 12:58  

Awww,,,nice to be cared for !!!

I'm GUTTED !!!!!!!!!!!! Me baby !!!!!!!!!!

No point in going to Silverstone now,,,,glad I never bought me ticket !!

You know what this means now though,,don't you ??? His unbroken record of never missing a race start has been well (m)ucked up !!!!

Reckon he'll go to rally racing next year, don't think he'll come back after this.

Get well soon Vale

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 05/06/2010 13:20  

he needs another 20 ish rare wins to be all time greatest rider so think he will make a come back

Update Reply
micksaway @ 05/06/2010 23:24  

at least it was only his leg he broke hi everyone

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/06/2010 23:29  

that should be race wins opps

Update Reply
micksaway @ 05/06/2010 23:33  

the racing today didn't seem quite so exciting without him

Update Reply
yamahama @ 06/06/2010 17:04  

Completely gutted,my hero,racing was not the same today,even went out whilst racing was on,hope they can work some magic with the injury,and get him up and running sooner than later,edd

Update Reply
whiteairedfox @ 06/06/2010 19:06  

A high side blimey val your sliping buddy he'll be back and asking to get rid of traction control again !

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 06/06/2010 21:02  

Update: Valentino Rossi has promised to return to racing when he recovers from the compound fracture of his right leg he suffered on Saturday. The 31-year-old Italian faces a long lay-off after crashing in practice for the Italian MotoGP and will undergo a second operation on Monday. "It'll take time, the important thing's to return to 100%. It was a bad fall," said the reigning world champion. "Do not worry, I'll come back soon. I was afraid, now it's a lot better." The six-time MotoGP champion joked that he was feeling good because "I have a great relationship with morphine", and thanked fans and fellow riders for the messages of support they sent him from Sunday's race, won by Dani Pedrosa. "I thank all those at Mugello, I saw the banners and all the drivers who remembered me," he said. Rossi, who had never previously missed a race in 15 years of racing, had four screws inserted into the injury during his operation in Florence on Saturday, and confirmed there was more work to do before he could leave hospital. "The operation went well, Professor Buzzi worked well and looked after me as a family member," he said. "Monday, there will be another operation to close the wound, then we will think about rehabilitation. "I knew immediately that I had injured myself, seeing the foot a bit disconnected from the leg was bad. "I saw the incident [on a replay] and it was awful, but it was much more so seeing it from the bike. "They were difficult times, there was fear, then it got better. I was sedated. When I woke up there were the nurses who comforted me."

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/06/2010 08:10  

Hope he doesn't end up like Mick Doohan.

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 08/06/2010 08:19  

When I woke up there were the nurses who comforted me

Well,,,,,,he's obviously feeling better !!!!!!!

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 08/06/2010 10:34  

I can imagine he will have the nurses in stitches with his cheeky humour! Hope he makes a speedy recovery, its not the same without Rossi !!!!

Update Reply
Karey @ 08/06/2010 10:43  

I would comfort him any day , whether he wanted me too or not lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/06/2010 14:56  

mother (bj) im sure he will b ok

Update Reply
unclebuck1983 @ 09/06/2010 09:25  

I think like most people Rossi is the most talented rider ever, but age gets us all, look at his shoulder injury and how its bothering him. I remember a quote from an old racer years back, very few bike racers retire when the want too, its forced on them through injury.

Update Reply
Kwak_fan @ 15/06/2010 19:44  

UPDATE

VALENTINO ROSSI is at home, but still immobilised with his leg elevated, as the slow process of recuperation continues.

Rossi was transferred from the Centro Traumatologico Ortopedico in Florence where the operation was performed to the hospital in Cattolica, close to his Tavullia home, on Thursday, June 10 – where a less pedantic medical regime allowed him to return home directly.

But he still needs to keep his leg raised, as the open wound heals, being especially careful to avoid any risk of infection.

He is reported cheerful, and telephoned Silverstone’s Day of Champions auction for a live message broadcast to the fans. “But I think he will be hitting the boredom zone soon,” according to Yamaha Racing chief Lin Jarvis.

Update Reply
46Rossi @ 22/06/2010 21:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email