MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Ice

Ice - Forums [Biker Match] Ice - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Ice

dose anybody on here use this idea ? apparently you put your contact details in your mobile phone under ICE ( in case of emergancy ) and the who ever finds you in a ditch or if you should fall off they look for ice and call your next of kin or spouse / mum quite a simple idea realy do they look though ? any body tried it

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 24/05/2010 22:38  

I have it in mine & my kids had it in theirs when they were in school ... ever since the London bombings when it was mentioned that they had found phones & did not know who they belonged too

only issue for me now tho is my phone has a keypad lock on it, and if you take the sim card out that will ask for a PIN number too before you can access the info on that ... so no one would be able to get into it if anything does happen, so I have a card in my pocket with it written on

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/05/2010 22:40  

Yes, we had this passed on to us at work a couple of years ago. I believe its a recognised feature by the emergency services.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 24/05/2010 22:40  

Yep.. I've been using it for a while too. I remember hearing about it and that it's recognised by the emergency services.

Update Reply
Karey @ 24/05/2010 22:46  

Yep, i use it too.

Update Reply
darkcarnival @ 24/05/2010 22:51  

I did use it when I was married for a few years ..... ought to update it really lol ... could put my son down if he ever answred his phone lmao

Update Reply
jabecs @ 24/05/2010 22:53  

Never heard of it before!! Damm good idea..Got it in my phone now..Cheers for that info Wheely..

Update Reply
old red @ 24/05/2010 22:58  

I use it too. Also use Medic Alert (bracelet with medical info & 24hr phone no. on) recognised worldwide as I take meds etc Just thought I'd add that in case there's others out there with other info that would need to be known if you were in an accident etc

Update Reply
skinnylady @ 24/05/2010 23:01  

I've never heard of it either, really top idea though so will get it done and pass it on to mates etc. thank you

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 24/05/2010 23:42  

I work in a university & we get all the students to do it at their induction at the start of the first year

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 25/05/2010 00:08  

I do it and leave my phone unlocked also carry a card but when i lost my phone no one rang to say they had found it, they just used the money on it

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 25/05/2010 00:22  

I was told about this idea around 6 years ago,never used it thou
as have also heard that it was being used by downright dodgy folk
as a way of getting into your phone/computer to obtain other
personal info. Don't ask me how as I'm a total tecnophobe.
When I'm out on the bike I have a laminated card with all relevent
details on it.

Update Reply
Nick750 @ 25/05/2010 07:40  

I have heard of this scheme a great idea too . I forgot to put it in my phone though so thanks for the thread WN I will put it in now !
x

Update Reply
moonstone @ 25/05/2010 07:54  

As a lorry driver biker and single dad I have it in my phone as for not locking your phone so thay can get the info trust me thay can get into your locked phone in mins it's a great and simple thing that saves them alot of time

Update Reply
JP @ 25/05/2010 08:36  

never heard of it before.. but it's in my phone now.. and will spread the gospel..

Update Reply
nawe @ 25/05/2010 08:51  

I've got all of my families details in my phone and my next of kin is my mother who is under the name 'MAM'. I would think anyone other than emergency services finding my phone in my pocket would know that's my mother but wouldn't know what 'ICE' means so i'll stick with 'MAM'

Update Reply
RustyKnight @ 25/05/2010 08:52  

Me being me have ICE , ICE 1 and ICE 2 in my fone along with Mom, Son and Sister, nothing like covering all bases me thinks lol Good idea though and yes it is recognised by all emergency services.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 25/05/2010 12:12  

I posted about ICE bands 2 years ago and Wills mentioned the mobile phone entries http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/forum/posts.asp?to...ic_id=2342

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/05/2010 13:14  

Yep I have it aswell

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 25/05/2010 13:29  

Don't forget to *update all your ICE details regularly, whether they are in your mobile, on a tag, or a card in your wallet/purse. *add the date of update to the info so that emergency workers know. My son changed his mobile phone (with new number every time) so often I had trouble keeping up lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/05/2010 13:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email