MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The biker nod??

The biker nod??  (4) - Forums [Biker Match] The biker nod??  (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The biker nod??

i think no matter what "genre" of biker you are be it a sports bike rider , hog rider , cruiser type ,you should all have an unsaid respect for each other anyway should you not ?????

Update Reply
Boodyblues @ 18/03/2010 09:53  

I did 3k miles on my new Bonnie last year and love the cameraderie of bikers nodding to each other. But most of the riding was to my new place of work in Sheffield and cos of the weather and the crap roads and city filth I bought a 250 peugeot scooter to commute, cos I don't mind if that get's wrecked. But the arrival of the scooter saw the end of the nods! Boo Hoo! Why? I'm still on 2 wheels... and I still nod cos I forget what I'm on - fool!

Update Reply
6ypsy @ 18/03/2010 23:21  

Maybe bikes go by too fast for scooterists to have time to nod?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/03/2010 23:35  

I'll nail my colours to the mast on this one...and I know some will disagree.... But.... I never have, or never will, nod, wave, or flash my lights at a scooter Hate them with a vengance... Might go back to my younger days and the wannabe Mods on thier spam cans with more mirrors than B&Q and the modern day equivellent 16 yrs olds screaming up and down the road being nothing but a By nuisance... Now I know they are just the very, very small minority of scooter riders....but the thought that I might be nodding at one of them is enough to put me off... they are no "brothers" of mine......

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2010 00:16  

Bluey did they have gas powered scooters in ur youth then

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 00:17  

Errrrrr no not quite... agree they have their place but to me they are not real bikes.... perhaps thats why they are called scooters eh? If I am totally honest my step son had a scooter when he lived here and I wouldn't even allow it in the house.... good for piza delivery though....LMAO

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2010 00:26  

Bluey thats just mean .... come on u have room over in the corner somewhere lol

Ah so when u were young were scooters push along then ?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 00:27  

regarding "biker nod". this is popular today but dates back to when the RACand AA motorcycle patrolmen would salute passing members on the public highway. this was eventually discouraged on the grounds of "safety", and was replaced by the head nod. in france they shake a leg at you. can't get my head round thatone! any ideas out there?

Update Reply
godsend @ 19/03/2010 00:32  

Just be grateful its not a bum waggle cos i wud cause havoc !!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 00:33  

No BJ No room... I made him keep it down the garden out of sight. Although we did set a steel post in a concrete hard standing for him to lock it to... so I'm not totally heartless... plus I did help him fix it once... so I'm not all bad... although I was worried someone might cut the lock and nick the post....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2010 00:33  

Your all heart you are Bluey just for that first drinks on u tomm nite lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 00:35  

although I was worried someone might cut the lock and nick the post.... That's just pure wickedness, farkin funny tho

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2010 00:36  

Kwak... remind me to buy you a drink when we meet or an icecream BJ.... about time I bought you a drink.... you're on

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2010 00:39  

* falls over bangs head and cries OUCH !!!

Bluey is being nice to a Villa fan what has happened ?????

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 00:41  

I don't drink alcohol but I'll have a cup o' tea fank ewe Paul

Update Reply
Sandi @ 19/03/2010 00:41  

Bluey is being nice to a Villa fan what has happened ????? Feel sorry for you...... hows that ? u poor poor Villa fan, there there, never mind.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2010 00:49  

I nod in your general direction Bluey

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/03/2010 09:27  

I've been riding bikes for about 30 years, and i have noticed a gradual deline in the 'nod' mainly it seems from sportsbikes, the weekend worrier types seem to not nod these days. And as a bit of a weekend worrier myself these days i feel its a bit sad we're all bikers we all share the same hobby if you like, It also a weird thing, when i had an inline 4 i hardly ever got a nod from Harley or chopper riders and since buying the SP i get nods from all sorts now.... In France it's all different you get a wave, footout or nod from all other bikers even the cops, i got pulled over in France on my Blade a few years ago and all the cop wanted to talk about was his SP-2.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2010 14:53  

no offence but whats a "weekend worrier" somebody who dreads the thought of weekends?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2010 17:42  

or do you mean warrior?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/03/2010 17:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email