MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging

People are increasingly using Firefox though. It seems to have a better reputation than internet explorer among those who know about these things. It sound like the current arrangement isn't compatible and if this site doesn't keep up with changes, people will stop using it....not that I have a problem with IM

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 31/03/2010 00:56  

but if it makes it easier and faster then thats got to be better surley

Update Reply
madhat @ 31/03/2010 00:57  

works ok as it is for me please no more changes Mat

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/03/2010 01:42  

On another note, it's good to look back at events that you have been too where others have taken pics of you in situations, you cannot always see on your attended list all the past events you were at however in your tagged photos album you can see pics that you would not be able to without trying to trawl through all the past events.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/03/2010 08:34  

All i ask is that the tagging bar be bigger so it covers more of my butt !!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/03/2010 11:46  

my vote is with you Matt tagging had its place, let's move on

Update Reply
clarissa @ 31/03/2010 12:31  

well this is an old topic that has been revived today, just so you're all aware lol. And tagging would still be possible, just not exactly where you are on the foto. So u could say ur in the foto, but the tag above ur head would be removed now (replaced with a list of names below the pic of who's in it). So you'd still be able to see which pics you've tagged urself in, just others wont be able to see which person in the pic is u - unless it's just one person. Those of you who it works fine for now - thats cos u use IE. I need to make it work better for those who dont use IE

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/03/2010 22:49  

Mmmmm means i can make someone else be me wahooooo .......... now were did i put that yeti !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 31/03/2010 23:32  

I still say keep the tagging as it is now, its so much better to see exactly who is who

Update Reply
drobess @ 01/04/2010 00:32  

I don't use IE and probably never will. I would rather make a pact with the Devil than use Microsoft products when there are viable alternatives. I am also comfortable with how the events photos and tagging work now and have no wish to relearn how to post pics, etc. So please, LEAVE IT BE!!!!!

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 01/04/2010 07:21  

I never use IE myself. I find Firefox to be more stable and reliable. in my opinion the tags are too big and in some of the group photos actually cover the person its meant to be :-)
I agree with Matt where it might be better to have a thumbnail and by clicking on it get all the info you need.

And BJ you can run but you will never be able to hide :-) we could never confuse you for a yeti

Update Reply
smokey_1_uk @ 01/04/2010 09:27  

Size of my butt hiding is really not an option !!! lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/04/2010 09:42  

I think its fine how it is.... I use IE6 and firefox....best of both worlds or is that just too difficult........... just checked with the control police and its true .... you are allowed to have two diferent browsers (or more) on your pc at one time (at the momement.....) perhaps someone should called for it to be banned like everything else........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/04/2010 10:31  

So you'd still be able to see which pics you've tagged urself in, just others wont be able to see which person in the pic is u - unless it's just one person

Whats the point ? You May as well have just done away with tagging all together Matt!

The whole point of tagging was to be able to tell who was who in a picture, to have it just as a list at the bottom is just as bad as not having the tags there at all.

May as well not bother tagging cos a year down the line your still going to be looking back & going oh yeah now who was he, what was her name on a group shot, as people do wonder in & out of the site.

You asked for opinions on here & most of the replies seemed to ask for it to be left, but you are going to ignore that, brush what the paying members want away & change it ... why ??

I understand that some members can have issues with it, but even those with firefox have said in here that it works for them.

If its not broken why are you trying to fix it!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 02/04/2010 20:48  

Update, on my last posting. Not everyone who attends an event who has their photo added to the calendar tags themselves, so identification isn't easy, also we now have BikerMatch merchandise, t shirts & hoodies etc, where those who wear the gear can be recognised easily when at a gathering so that tagging isn't quite as important as it was before. Yes, I still would like to see photos tagged, even if we have a gallery instead, but folk aren't really using the tag so it's probably a case of 'use it or lose it'.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2010 16:51  

But not everyone has a T shirt Kwak & after paying to be a member on the site £14 is steep to add as an aditional expence just so they can tell who someone is on the day of a meet up... Plus in a group shot you may still not be able to see who is who or remember 12 months down the line... Sorry but I stand by my initial statement ... please keep tagging, especially for us older ones who do not have so good a memory after a sleep or two

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2010 19:52  

Shell you and Mr P are the most photographed on the site Lol everyone knows who you are

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 19:56  

£14?! for a PRIMARK t shirt? I'm glad I don't wear t shirts.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2010 21:21  

they wash and wear better than a lot of high street designer shop ones do !!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 21:46  

toples mods hmmmm eeeeekkk lol

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/07/2010 21:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email