MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Events Photo Gallery / Removal of tagging

what you on about wheeeeeeeely ? lol

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 21:48  

Anneka he meant me, cos I don't wear t shirts lol Neily I aint a moderator and I do wear a top, a vest usually, with a long sleeve top over it. Tho I'd like to think no one would say eeek! if I was topless, lol. Most stuff I've bought from Primark has never washed well so they must be improving the quality.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2010 21:52  

Primark stuff is really good now if you wash them as recommended

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 23/07/2010 21:53  

soz sandi couldnt resist it

Update Reply
WheelyNealy @ 23/07/2010 22:09  

it? I've only got one? *looks for the other one* I worry about you Nealy lol *lends Nealy her abacus*

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/07/2010 22:42  

Lol Anne it's not people remembering me, it's me remembering who others are, there are lots of meets from last year I look back on and need a jog on who they are and I am sure I am not the only one,

The banner pix on here was an event last year and a lot are no longer on the site but it's good to remember who they are and the laugh we all had that day

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 23/07/2010 23:17  

don't think Mat listens to what i say, but i think he ought to leave the taging as it is, i use it to identify people

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 24/07/2010 00:17  

I agree .. Leave the tagging alone .. one thing that is a little annoying is , can you make it, that when you`re tagged in one pic , it automatically tags you in all the others ?

Update Reply
nitro70 @ 24/07/2010 08:08  

I don't think the tinterweb is that cleaver Dave, that would require the system to look at each pic and be able to recognise which one is you in each one ... one day maybe but not yet

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 24/07/2010 08:14  

Being much of a newbee on here i have only been to 3 events and have got to know peeps thru what i would call a good workable tagging system.As some faces on profiles are nout like the ones i see at events so nout clicks in my brain until after the event when i look at the photos,then it all comes together like a good plan with your tagging system.I, like most, use IE but i also have if i need to use firefox,why not let the user decide wether to use iether,which could be explained to them by members if they are having problems 'tagging' on firefox.Not my show but you have my opinion, from one of many newbees whom will find the present system near flawless.Thank you for your time i shall leave stage right>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Update Reply
ledd777 @ 26/07/2010 21:05  

so are we keeping the system as it is Mat?

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 09/08/2010 05:27  

I'm planning a solution to keep everyone happy, but the system HAS to be changed. It's the events page that loads on non-IE browsers that causes a particular strain on the system. People can't complain about performance on the site in the evenings if they're not willing to accept a few changes in order to fix the underlying problems.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/08/2010 21:32  

I think tagging is a fundamental way of recognising someone on a social networking site like this. It's a great way of keeping memories fresh and when you haven't managed to say hello to everyone on the day at least you can see who was who after the event from the photos. I do use IE, but there are those on here who don't and still don't have a problem. Please keep tagging as it is, not a list under a photo which may or may not be in order from left to right or whatever.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/08/2010 21:44  

Some folk are tagging their back, elbow, ear hole, it needs to be a clear shot of your FACE, that's what tagging is all about...IDENTIFICATION. If you want a copy of the photo ask the person who took it if they will send you a copy. Also some are tagging themselves and covering someone else with the name, which is a bit confusing if you don't know the person already. Thanks to all those who contribute photos to the events calendar, your efforts are much appreciated.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 11/08/2010 22:55  

I'm thinking of basically like the new photo galleries on profiles. Except under each foto there will be a "Tag" icon. Click that and the photo opens in a NEW window. The new window has the photo in with the tags and lets you create a tag also. Saves on the accidental clicking/tagging going on these days too.

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/08/2010 22:59  

Matt i can't upload pics from last weekend , and I actually have the right size pics but keep getting error message on photo page!!!!

Update Reply
anneka56 @ 11/08/2010 23:15  

Hey Matt whilst your playing with pics etc... Is it possible to get tge advanced uploaded for events?

Would save members (yes me included) a lot of time whe lots of pics have been taken :-)

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 12/08/2010 05:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email