MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Harley-Davidsons

Harley-Davidsons - Forums [Biker Match] Harley-Davidsons - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Harley-Davidsons

Q. What's the biggest drawback to riding a Harley-Davidson ?
A. - non-Harley riders attitudes !

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/12/2009 20:22  

Whats B, C, D, E,

Update Reply
micksaway @ 07/12/2009 20:35  

joining the aa or rac

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 07/12/2009 20:41  

A. - non-Harley riders attitudes ! (raises handbag to chest) OOOOOOOOOH!!!

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 07/12/2009 21:04  

go on Mick...

Update Reply
Matt @ 07/12/2009 22:12  

Blues that's twice today I've nearly wet meself with laughing

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/12/2009 22:13  

Not good with punctuation Matt should have had a ? at the end But I would think Cleaning the thing The Weight when you need to push it My mates laughing at me Finding a shop that sells Cowboy Boots and Chaps

Update Reply
micksaway @ 07/12/2009 22:23  

Mick are you telling me that H D aren't taking advantage of the market for accessories, that they don't sell chaps and cowboy boots in their bike shops?? Whatever next?!! lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 07/12/2009 22:39  

Never thought of that. All in one shop good thinking

Update Reply
micksaway @ 07/12/2009 22:59  

Nah, that is one of the BEST things, Thakery! Nice bikes by the way. Bought mine from Thames Valley which I reckon must be your local dealer? If so, say hi to Lieber from me... My Harley doesn't leak oil.... it just marks its territory! Just kidding, my bike is faultless and will be getting its new Bridgestone tyres on tomorrow courtesy of BM!!

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 08/12/2009 00:45  

he he agree with Mick about the cleaning (although I love that so thats a plus for me!) and the weight of course..............but also people associating them with tractors! the ever present issues with corrosion the extortionate cost for just about everything with HD on it v quality??!! the black cable tie I had to have on a side panel to keep it on when the clip always failed - despite HD replacing 4 of em and admitting the design was crap - each replacement falling off before I got to the end of the road leaving the side panel flapping open again! and of course........the "Hardly f****g moving son" t-shirts pmsl!!! ...........although should also say, I loved mine to bits, was a major decision to let her go but so many reasons to move on (see above for just some of em lol!)......................HDs will always be very dear to my heart tho.................no matter what everyone else says about em...................nothing quite like em either, thats why they have their lifelong fans! Should never be knocked without trying.................

Update Reply
babyharley @ 08/12/2009 08:19  

OK - tin hat on here. ..the biggest drawback to riding a Harley-Davidson... the attitude that seems to go with riding one and the disregard many H-D riders seem to have for any brand that doesn't have an H-D tank badge. And that's from someone who is very proud of the brand they choose to ride. But not so proud as to be blinkered to the merits of other manufacturers, including H-D and the Japanese.

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 08/12/2009 10:13  

Without exception all the more modern ones I have ridden I have enjoyed...however....I rather like corners taken at a pace that wouldn't embarrass a disability scooter....

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 08/12/2009 10:22  

Corrosion aint limited to HG BabyH. My BMW started to melt at less than a year old. Goes to show a premium price isnt always a guarantee of quality

Update Reply
micksaway @ 08/12/2009 15:58  

Cant wait for Harley Davidson to go bust, they are crap absolute junk, the japs do cruisers that look the same but are miles better.

Only in America son only in America----- i wish they would stay there.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/12/2009 17:26  

Saw a t-shirt once that said "If you ain't got a Harley you ain't shit". So does that mean if you have a Harley you are shit? Also why as soon as alot of people buy a Harley they suddenly have fenders and gas tanks whereas before when they had a Jap or British bike they had mudguards and a petrol tank? Shame alot of people think they are holier than thou when they have one of those. Not all but alot do.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 17:59  

I have fenders Ric On my boat though not my bike

Update Reply
micksaway @ 08/12/2009 18:02  

HD’s have never appealed to me. I agree with comments by Rob and GH. Perhaps it’s just an image thing too. They’ve never ticked my boxes as far as bikes go. Ascetically some look ok but never make me turn my head or give me that WOW !! factor that a good sports or café-racer does. Iv’e got friends who would argue HD’s are better for touring cuz they’re more comfortable, Each to his (or her) own I suppose.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 18:12  

pmsl..........can of worms here uh lol!?...........well, I had a petrol tank and mudguards on my HD.......................and Ive still got em (and a whole lot more for my money too!)...........on my Jap cruiser..............horses for courses and whatever floats yer boat as I always say.............dont knock em till you've tried em.........something for everyone out there all with positives and negatives too lol!

Update Reply
babyharley @ 08/12/2009 18:22  

I have tried them. I ride custom bikes so if its not chopped it doesn't interest me regardless of the make,be American,British,Jap or whatever.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 18:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email