MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

Harley-Davidsons

Harley-Davidsons (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Harley-Davidsons (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

Harley-Davidsons

I posted this just to see the reactions - and thought that there'd be some funny ones. Alas the only funny things here are the childish nature of the 'my ones better than yours' brigade. It's rather worrying that you all have the right to vote, and yet your ages are probably bigger than your IQ"s....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 18:48  

Doesn't take much IQ THACKERY to work out the yanks are caught up in this GO USA and that reflects in a lot of what they build in bikes cars trucks and plant machines.

So working on the premise that i have been riding bikes from age 9 and have been a Trails rider in completion events, a road race mechanic in British Irish and European circuits and have had dozens of road bikes and still do many track days i think i have a suitable IQ to comment and say they are a pile of crap and the japs do a better job of building a more reliable cruiser FACT not a childish mine's better than yours.

I have no problem with anyone who wishes to own and ride a HD just don't start on about attitude's of others when most of the time its HD owners that start the argument.

O yeah i have the vote but choose not to vote for Thieves, liars that are involved in politics.

Update Reply
sdv9r @ 08/12/2009 19:21  

I think you have to look back to your original post Thakery. Q. What's the biggest drawback to riding a Harley-Davidson ? <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> A. - non-Harley riders attitudes !<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> Is it a statement (ie question/answer) as it appears, or a question.<o:p></o:p> If it’s a statement then there is no question to answer.<o:p></o:p> If it is a question then its no different to asking what’s the biggest drawback of owning a mini…and that becomes subjective.<o:p></o:p> Someone could say a mini is no good for towing a race car on a trailer. But if you don’t want to tow a race car then that aspect is not a drawback. because it becomes irrelevant.<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> So the response to you post has to be that it depends on what you want out of your bike. If a HD satisfies all your requirements and needs then there probably will not be any drawbacks.<o:p></o:p> For eg. My VFR400 does everything I want from a bike, ie, small, fast enough, handles well, cheap to run, ascetically pleasing, can ride it in through the front door and park it in the kitchen. Etc etc .<o:p></o:p> <o:p></o:p> My bike is better than any Harley ever made in my opinion, because I don’t like Harley’s.<o:p></o:p> Just as Ricdude says “if its not chopped it doesn't interest me regardless of the make,be American,British,Jap or whatever”<o:p></o:p> That’s because that’s what ticks his boxes. Surely you are not implying people who express their preferences have low IQ’s<o:p></o:p>Or have I missed something?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 19:27  

"have I missed something" err yeah......I've got a Mini

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 08/12/2009 20:07  

...I like Mini's - they're 'ickle & cute just like me (roflmao!!!!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/12/2009 20:12  

But do you tow a race car Rob

Update Reply
micksaway @ 08/12/2009 20:12  

It's funny that someone who thinks we're all childish (i actually agree with that bit) should then send an offensive PM to me and disable his profile. Perhaps matt you could find out why this person has joined this site. It appears that he's here purely as a wind up merchant.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/12/2009 20:18  

I'm sorry but - WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! - what reason does he have to send an offensive PM to you Blues?????? (to anyone actually!)

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/12/2009 20:23  

You'd have to ask him that H . i only made one post.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/12/2009 20:25  

well I hope you've reported it to Matt. Anyway - back to Mini's......

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/12/2009 20:29  

I like Mini's too Stells - I have my eye on one when I decide to get a car again.

Update Reply
Roachy @ 08/12/2009 20:49  

Bluesbiker - and your response wasn't offensive ?!?! ... handbags etc ... You didn't get what I was saying lad ... and the profile is deleted cos this site is used by numpties

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 20:51  

Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy Im a numptie . . who rides a Triumph!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:20  

Your'e not on yer own Bluesbiker. I had a PM using words i never even heard of...... vitriolic Had to look it up.. it means very caustic; scathing: vitriolic criticism so i put a paper bag on my head, went outside, sat on my wall and sang "Numpy dumpty sat on a wall." then i fell off...anyone want to come round and help put me back together again to quote babyh PMSL

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:31  

Also had PM's. Think we actually agree Anyway, ain't Mini's great.......... .........except for towing

Update Reply
Rob1050 @ 08/12/2009 21:36  

Spot on Rob..hehe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/12/2009 21:42  

Shut the door on the way out mate.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 08/12/2009 21:43  

Sorry to hear that peeps about pm,s and for being childish well we all on here like to have fun so we do,minis are a pain to work on but loads of fun,owned one a long time ago always made me smile,o yeah see ya numpty

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 08/12/2009 21:59  

Is that real Mini's or the BMW 1 series Hope he dosn't fall off with skim that thin might get hurt

Update Reply
micksaway @ 08/12/2009 22:05  

ahh now Mick - you're starting a whole new discussion here!!!! - real mini's V the BM Mini!!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 08/12/2009 22:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email