MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae (12) - Forums [Biker Match] Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae (12) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae

Nothing planned yet, I'll be doing something but I appreciate some will want an easy day though and a Sunday dinner.
Where I go will depend on how many are interested.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/04/2022 15:46  

Sunday dinner is an evening thing but I certainly would be interested in more exploration of your local scenery during the day...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 13/04/2022 16:12  

I know that Shaz has to get back on Sunday but agree with Strom, we've got the whole day on Sunday so would appreciate another tour - if we can impose upon you a bit further 🙏 🙏 🙏

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 13/04/2022 18:20  

Seaside anyone???

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 13/04/2022 18:59  

We're pretty much in the centre of the country so a fair way from the coast. The good seaside bits would be the Northumberland coast, which is awesome but it's likely to busy on a bank holiday. The ride there through Northumberland is pretty damn good.
If you looking for a Scunthorpe 'chips and diseases' seaside type thing your coming to the wrong place 😁

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/04/2022 19:30  

I was more thinking of something scenic like Bamburgh Castle......

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 13/04/2022 21:12  

Lead the way Strom, sure Steve would like to have a day off being in charge x

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 13/04/2022 21:14  

Or very local to you how interesting are High Force waterfall and Gibsons Cave??

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 13/04/2022 21:25  

Both are worth a look but as they are only a few miles up the road, more of an evening trip before beers.
Parking at Bowlees is free. From there Gibsons cave is about 10 minutes walk, and High Force about 3 mile along the river.
The other option is to park at the High Force Hotel carpark, the fall's are a 0.5 miles walk from there. But the carpark is run by Dick Turpin Enterprises and charge everyone to park including bikes.
The Hotel has a couple of parking spaces for guests, you could eat there and then have a walk down to the falls - you might need to book.

If you are into walking there is plenty to see up here including the spring gentians (look them up), but they won't be out till May.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/04/2022 07:33  

Bamburgh Castle is a 90 mile, 2 - 4 hour trip each way up the congested A69, Newcastle bypass and even more congested A1.
Once your up there you would also want to see Lindisfarne, Cragside House and a whole bunch of other stuff. Which is why I was (still am) planning a separate Northumberland trip to take in those places, possibly staying at either Clennell Hall or Wooler.
If you want to take a few up there this weekend I'll put together a route for you, but the riding will be more like the Peak District National Carpark than wide open roads. If there are only a couple of bikes and you are lucky with the traffic you will be nearer 2 hours each way.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/04/2022 08:00  

2hrs each way on crowded roads does not sound like fun.. Maybe I'll wait for your Wooler escapade... The Wooler to Coldstream road is amazing from memory....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 14/04/2022 09:49  

Didn't realise you had such a rare county flower. According to folklore one won't be picking them and taking them indoors🤣🤣🤣

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 14/04/2022 09:55  

Anybody camping this weekend?

Contemplating a trip but don't want to surrounded by Indians on my own 😃😃👍

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 14/04/2022 17:51  

My understanding is that there's one hardy soul camping at the Daleview but apart from early/late you'll not be short of company. G'waan, pack yer bike, you know you want to.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 14/04/2022 18:27  

Thanks Izzy for the info 👍
I may make an appearance 🤔😃
But if I manage to motivate myself it won't be until Saturday midday or just after?

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 14/04/2022 19:20  

XK and his 3 wheeled contraption are already at Dale View. We've been over to see him and check out the Station Bar, it not bad at all and they do food.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/04/2022 20:08  

I am on my way. Overnighting in Lincoln. Currently getting fuelled up with food, beer and an Irish coffee. More scenic riding planned for tomorrow.

Update Reply
GSNige @ 14/04/2022 20:14  

Hope you all have a fantastic time and the sun shines. I wont be coming cos I have the bat lurgy (again). Very, very pissed off.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 14/04/2022 20:46  

And for those without bat related diseases, see you later today.

Never mind Goose get yourself up for a visit once your better and we'll see if we can't get you a dose of footrot, scabby mouth, listeriosis (symptoms; often circling, staggering, head tilt, off-feed, found dead) or some other sheep related disease to add to your collection 😉

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/04/2022 06:29  

Ride safe and have a good time and don't waste your time thinking of people like me who will be at work.

Have Fun 👍🏻

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/04/2022 07:05  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email