MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae (13) - Forums [Biker Match] Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae (13) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Easter 2022 - Middleton in Teesdae

And so it begins...
In my case with an early morning ride on the mountainbike. The sun was out, the only sounds the cries of curlews and creaking of my knees.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/04/2022 09:35  

Great start, good ride down, precision timing for meeting dizzydot in Carlisle! Great pit stop at The Nook where we met Steve, XK, Pete, Ollie and a cracking ride to Middleton.
Think I've delivered on the weather pixie duties, might not be gloriously sunny but it's dry - so far!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 15/04/2022 18:33  

Apologies peeps. Was potential coming tomorrow, but not going to make it now.

Been inflicted with some kind of cold/flu. Don't think it's Covid.
Sore throat, bunged up, headache and horrible chesty cough every couple of minutes. Resulting in loss of voice too. Which is good for those around me 😆😂 Came on Tuesday/Wednesday, thought it was just a flash in the pan but it's compounded and got worst now.

Hope you all have a grand weekend, enjoy the weather, rides, chinwag, fodder and above all a few beers.

Catch you all sometime in the year 🙏👍😎

Update Reply
yorkie mick @ 15/04/2022 20:13  

I suspect they are all to drunk to care by now Mick.
Take care, and get well soon, cos that does sound like you've got the plague...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 15/04/2022 23:24  

The visitor centre on Keiler is now charging to park and using the Machinations of Evil known as ANPR... so sod them!

The slight variation is we will be heading up the A68 and then turning off to the Otterburn Mill which has a decent cafe.
We'll stay there for a lunch then head back across to Keiler, into the Borders and to Newcastleton for another cafe stop.
Next we're off via Longtown and Bramptop to the Nook Cafe near Alston.
After that it's just a gentle ride over the moors back to here.

https://goo.gl/maps/euYkCXNsd7xNmYze9

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/04/2022 08:36  

Sounds like a plan....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 16/04/2022 09:57  

Any plans for tomorrow ride out yet?

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 16/04/2022 22:31  

Given the state of drunkenness the best I can suggest is be in the village 11ish, but it might be nearer 12 before anything happens...
Try again in the morning for a more lucid response.

Edit.... It's all Gordon's fault...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2022 00:03  

For those of us who were somewhat less drunk, I would like to thank Steve for sorting an amazing rideout of about 150 miles over 5 counties and 2 countries.. We all made it back, just and the scenery was stunning. You should have been here...... Cheers Steve🏍️👍

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/04/2022 06:28  

And now for today...

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/04/2022 06:30  

I concur wholeheartedly. Great day with plenty of fun, falls and frolics :)

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
For those of us who were somewhat less drunk, I would like to thank Steve for sorting an amazing rideout of about 150 miles over 5 counties and 2 countries.. We all made it back, just and the scenery ...

Update Reply
SusiPop @ 17/04/2022 08:14  

I'm thinking about

https://maps.app.goo.gl/eaHFRTYjfVLgKmy98

Only about 65 miles, but we're travelling slowly...
Barnard Castle, across the Stang to Reeth, up Swaledale, Kirkby Stephen, Brough and over the tops to home.

Set off about 12, meet up outside the Teesdale.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2022 08:40  

hiya folks , back home safe and sound , thanks everyone for another great weekend away ,look forward to seing all the pics later on , hope everyone gets home safe and look forward to the next one

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 17/04/2022 15:29  

Just fell out of the shower after a second great ride this weekend.. Thanks again Steve for the stunning scenery en route.. Now where's the bar🤔

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 17/04/2022 17:17  

You'll need to come back and do it all again on your new bike Shaz.

If you didn't think yesterday could be bettered, I'm afraid it has been! Stunning scenery and beautiful weather (you're welcome). To those who had to leave early, book a longer trip next time.

So good to see so many turn out for the first, annual(?), season opener.
Thank you Steve, thank you all, been fabby meeting you xx

Weather Pixie checking out - you're on yer ain for the journey home.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 17/04/2022 17:22  

Did you all enjoy yourselves? Sorry about buggering off after Brough... But Scootie wanted to scamper 🤪

Guess we'll have to do this again

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2022 18:11  

Well thank you for coming up everyone, it's been bloody awesome.
Same time next year?
If not before 😃

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 17/04/2022 21:03  

Big heart-felt thank you from izzy and me. Especially for taking the time to share your knowledge of the local roads, which we both have been blown away with. Superb weekend with lots off great people, who have been a pleasure to ride with. Many thanks to all who helped pick up wee izzy and bike. Till next year stay safe all and c u soon ❤️ Dannyacer

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/04/2022 08:17  

What an absolute stonker of a weekend. THANK YOU Steve for keeping us all safe and sound. 🤜🏻🤛🏻

It was awesome; the roads, the scenery, the food, accomodation and (of course) the banter. 😊😍😉

I can't wait to do it again!

Thank you to Optimist for allowing myself n Trev to join you n Strom for dinner last night. Trev especially enjoyed his 'Scotch Egg' dessert😂🤣

Hope everyone gets home safely. 😊

Good to know you got home safely Shaz, and great to see ya!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 18/04/2022 12:48  

Thanks again to Steve for a brilliant weekend.. Apologies for the limp and to anyone who followed me - the ponderous and infrequent gear changes🙄 Thank you to those who attempted the selector mod on Saturday morning and cheers to Mr Pete for the dinner invite with Lindsay and Trev.. Hope everyone else has got home safely and hopefully see you all next year if the Teesdale let us back.....

Update Reply
Strom67 @ 18/04/2022 15:20  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email