MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scotland week, July 2019.

Scotland week, July 2019. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland week, July 2019. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scotland week, July 2019.

Oops, sorry I may has mislead people here.
Reading the earlier post you would think we had got off the ferry, turned left onto the A861 and then proceeded to ride along that empty, sunkissed, twisting, turning bit of tarmac loveliness to Strontian at scratchin' speed.
Obviously we didn't. We progressed at a stately speed with a chap walking in front waving a red flag!
Possibly.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/10/2018 21:23  

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
we got off the ferry, turned left onto the A861 and then proceeded to ride along that empty, sunkissed, twisting, turning bit of tarmac loveliness to Strontian at scratchin' speed.

Would you stop now .....the bloody bike is nearly packed and there's 9months to wait .

🤔Maybe I could do a recci ....just check out the route, make sure it's safe ......That's ok I go on my own, it's better that way😎

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/10/2018 05:04  

Looks like I'll be there. Campsite booked. Just got to work out the rest...

Update Reply
oddbod @ 07/11/2018 11:34  

On my "wish list" for 2019 - but will have confirm nearer the time

Update Reply
Mister Pete - Optimist @ 14/11/2018 20:12  

This has tempted me ....;)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/12/2018 13:09  

Considering this......would have to come in the car (need something to bring the cake in) so would want a pilly for rideouts if poss.

Update Reply
Techne @ 02/12/2018 16:30  

You can buy cake north of the border ya know! No need to bring your own.
But feel free to bring the car, you'll still enjoy the drive... but bring your riding gear all the same.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 02/12/2018 16:47  

Hey Steve, lots of talk about this one at the Chinwag today. Looks like there maybe a fair few folk up for joining in the fun!

Definitely looking forward to this one. Plans a foot to book some time off work n sort out my camping spot!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/12/2018 19:26  

You can count me in 👍

Update Reply
Roy46 @ 10/12/2018 14:30  

The more the merrier lol.
It's a long way off folks but Scotland does tend to fil up so book your accommodation early! Fortunately it's a big place so the good roads won't be too busy.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 10/12/2018 19:22  

Right, I'm definitely in! Face down on event and looking forward to it already.

Steve, if I'm camping do I need to book a pitch or can I just turn up n pay on the day?

As per suggestions/discussions/ ideas thrown around at The Chinwag at Squires (last weekend) is there anyone who would like to ride/travel up together starting from Squires? If so, shout out n we can discuss possibilities n try to sort it out over the coming months.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/12/2018 21:59  

I would suggest booking ahead. It's a campsite so they can usually fit 1 or 2 in but if a bunch turn up wanting to stay for a week you might be out of luck.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/12/2018 18:58  

Thanks Steve, will book 👍😀

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/12/2018 20:41  

Is it me?
Looking at the events page the events info tab says 13 attendees, but the attendees tab only shows 9 folks.
Is everyone else seeing the same thing?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/12/2018 21:06  

Yup! 9 profile pics but says 13 attendees... Weird ...strange but true😵

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/12/2018 21:48  

May well be four have put themselves down then withdrawn, that’s what I’ve seen on several other events !
Another of those anomalies of this site !

Update Reply
555byker @ 12/12/2018 21:53  

Iv'e been to scotland. Lovely. Scenery is great..but, well it's rocks & water..nice but..rocks & water..Twenty minutes and it's all done. Rocks. And. water. Thats it. You don't want to be looking at rocks & water for too long..No wonder the scotts invented whiskey, even ten minutes of rocks & water would make you realise..There is more to life..and l like water & rocks...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2018 01:15  

Ooer..july, not sure l can plan past next Tuesday..July .. that's the one after June l think..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/12/2018 01:24  

Have put in a request for lovely weather that wk for u all lol

Update Reply
Beth1962 @ 13/12/2018 01:50  

You not joining in Beth? Seems a shame when you are at least in the general area!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 13/12/2018 07:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email