MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scotland week, July 2019.

Scotland week, July 2019. - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland week, July 2019. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scotland week, July 2019.

Right folks the game is on.

The destination is Fort Augustus, the date Saturday 6th July to Saturday 13th, although you can do more or less as you please.

The events page refers to the Loch Ness Highland Resort, previously Cumberlands, where we have camped previously.
Other options are hotels, B&B, cottages, apartments or sleeping under a bridge!

I've had an email back from the Lock Ness Highland Resort and they will be happy to see us again

I'm not sorting out your accommodation, I'll leave that up to you. Be warned though hotels etc will fill up so if you want that you need to book well in advance.

I can't guarantee the weather... only exceptionally good riding!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/09/2018 19:57  

Sounds good Steve, im interested for sure unless im abroad lol. Good to see you at Lode.

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 26/09/2018 18:48  

might be better to share accommodation quite a few places reasonably priced for 4 folk ......would cut down on costs:)

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 26/09/2018 22:06  

Tent leaves more dosh for beer lol x
----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
might be better to share accommodation quite a few places reasonably priced for 4 folk ......would cut down on costs:)

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 27/09/2018 18:43  

Its on the event page now.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/09/2018 21:00  

There's a great atmosphere in the campsite when folk are camping but it all disappears when we have to gather from assorted bunkhouses or B&B's.
Of course the weather makes a difference, but even so it's camping everytime for me.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 02/10/2018 17:08  

I agree Izzy.

Update Reply
peter1200gs @ 02/10/2018 17:23  

Link... if it works!
https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=6136

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/10/2018 20:49  

I'm up for this, am I ok to turn up in car with a tent? Maybe grab a pilly if I'm lucky ?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/10/2018 21:49  

Of course you are honey - you get to run to the shops for the rest of us too!

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/10/2018 11:04  

Bike, car or space hopper... all forms of transport are acceptable!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/10/2018 20:15  

And it all began in 2013... and it was fooking awesome.

Link to the 2013 pics https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=4156#photos

Which I've just had a look at again while listening to Little Barrie... I feel all nostalgic now.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/10/2018 20:37  

Can't comment on 2013 as we only started with the Sequel to the Prequel in '14 - that was a cracking year, amazing weather and a good turnout. Would love to renew acquaintances next year, and make new friends too.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 06/10/2018 21:10  

Oh well in that case

2014 - https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=4444

2015 - https://www.bikermatch.co.uk/events/event.asp?event_id=4676

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/10/2018 18:42  

Hello everyone , ive been bike less for a while so not been around but looking to change that for next year , its good to hear from you steve and dizzy , hope you pair are doing good , 2013 was an amazing time away and dam was it hot that year especially on that island steve took us on after the ferry ride , i remember getting slow roasted on the path outside that cafe place we stopped at , good memories , ah steve that lotion stuff you had never worked against the migies for me but your special net thing now that is what i needed that night , ive put myself down for next year fingers crossed i managed to get things sorted before then for some new adventures and good times and also dizzy id be happy to share accommodation as i left most of my camping stuff back at a squres rally a few years ago because it was raining and just could not face packing everything up and as i had already hit myself in the face by a rouge bungy rope thingy i went in a bad mood and just left everything, but it will be great to meet new faces and create some new fun memories as thats what its all about

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 09/10/2018 21:44  

It sounds like the photies have brought back some memories. It was a wonderful week! Blue sky all the way and that utterly insane thrash from the Corran ferry...

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 11/10/2018 20:20  

it defo has steve and ah corran ferry that was the one , ive passed it a few times when ive been working always reminds me of the good times , hope your doing well mate and life is being kind

Update Reply
alpinab14 @ 12/10/2018 22:05  

Well you've talked me into it,
See you there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2018 18:49  

Glad you can join us Andy, remember to leave your brain and liver with a responsible adult for safe keeping before setting off lol.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 20/10/2018 20:59  

The other times I've stayed up there was at Aberchalder .
I like the idea of the Curran ferry sounds like fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/10/2018 21:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email