MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

What the hell is wrong with the world?

What the hell is wrong with the world? - Forums [Biker Match] What the hell is wrong with the world? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

What the hell is wrong with the world?

The 'Moped Crime Wave' that has become more than a 'wave' rather a 'tsunami'.

The attacks taking place in our Cities and Towns are horrific. It certainly makes you consider the potential risks taken ('popping into town' or commuting) by each and every member of the biking community. My thoughts are with those who have already suffered at the hands of these mindless idiots.

MAG are drawing up a plan of action to be shared with relevant groups this month, and at the next Home Office Anti-bike Crime Meeting hopefully it will be a full, frank, and open way towards dealing with the issues currently occurring.

As bikers, we owe it to ourselves to fight for our rights on the road and in society. To be able to ride without fear.

See link below for further detail;

www.mag-uk.org/en/newsdetail/a7342

Let's discuss in a rational way, not with our hearts (we all know what we would like to do with the lowlife scum!) is there a way forward? What's the answer?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 08/11/2017 23:29  

Wotcha.

Oops - linky no worky.

Update Reply
GHW @ 09/11/2017 02:57  

Aarrgh, thought I had checked it! Apologies, for some reason I don't appear to be able to get a working link on this one... Sorry folks. Best I can do is to say check out www.mag-uk.org 07-11-2017 New low with London acid attacks and Merseyside killing

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 09/11/2017 06:56  

Its getting iffy out there in towns now.

My facebook is currently full if people being jumped at traffic lights here in Huddersfield. And theres a few reports of people loosing there bikes in Huddersfield as well.

Personaly now im reluctant to rude soloin huddersfield especialy after dark. Have also been speeking to others around here and we are thinging about only riding in large’ish groups. Safety in numbers !

Some thing i already do as i have been jumped in the past when i was a courier and thats i always wait at lights in gear and always try and make sure i have a space in front of me so if some thing happens i dont like im gone. Stuff the lights.

Also never have you doiors unlocked if you in a cage.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2017 08:40  

Have a hammer on your top yoke, when scum turn up simply smash their skulls and ride off. Job done.

That's all this situation needs, a few like minded people to get off their arses and go round trying to get these clowns to attack you. Then smash them to pieces, proper beatings that take months to get over, if at all. That's the only language these sacks of shit understand.

There's no point plod nicking them, cos the piss poor excuses we have for judges simply tell them off then unleash them back on the public. The only people who have our interests at heart are ourselves. That applies to every part of society these days, so take care of it yourself and don't waste your time getting plod involved. All it takes is a few guys riding about with hammers, then the problem solves itself when a few of these scumbags are disabled for life.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2017 14:09  

@ cornholio

Like your style...problem with becoming a vigilante is it's still dodgy ground legally.
Excessive force is still likely to carry a heavier sentence than the crime itself.
Whatever happened to those Guardian Angels on the Tube?

You're in London - nearly every traffic light / street corner has CCTV. Sooo...choose your moment wisely!

If I'm honest, I think too many people read the papers who want to sell you bad news and scare the bejeezus out of you anyway.
FB is equally good at spreading fear and loathing.

Part of the solution is not to get addicted to it.

Prejudice and resentment are the new normal.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 09/11/2017 15:43  

Dunno about dodgy ground, I always thought it was totally illegal.

Any violent offence like that, just tell plod you feared for your life. Tell them the media is filling our heads up with all this fearmongerinmg shite, what do you expect us to do? We know you're far too busy doing anything other than nicking criminals so we simply didn't bother involving you. Every time we go out on our bikes now we fear for our lives. Thank our politicians and media scumbags for that. ;-)

I'd love to see the copper's face when he's told that.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/11/2017 16:25  

Nickscafe try telling that to the riders in London and other city's that can not get insurance cover for there bikes due to these feckin scum. They have no care for folk who work hard to buy the bikes that they need to get to work and have a bit of a social life. They have no care for the law as they know the police cant do anything without being dragged in front of the court by some little shit that is just out to get a nice pay out because he got a little cut on his finger. What about the folk who have had there pride and joy taken from them had acid thrown in there face been threatened or been violently robbed in these same streets under the same cctv I think the response you get beck will not be very polite. As for not getting addicted to you need to wake up and smell the coffee its real its not BS its happening on the streets every day in most city's. If anyone is wondering if I see anybody trying to rob a bike and I see them I WILL RUN THEM OVER, if I'm in a truck tuff

Update Reply
JP @ 09/11/2017 16:33  

@ JP

That's fair enough.

I've been working with and leading crime teams for 35yrs.
I've worked on the streets and faced my own share of odds.
I've filled out so many statements I usually get handed them to fill out myself, these days.
I've probably been a witness for the prosecution more than some.

I understand what you're saying - and how you feel.

I'm doing my best to play my part.

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 09/11/2017 16:45  

So your in the Police ? If so why not tell it how it is that your hands are tied and your being stopped from doing the job. So the tax payers see the real truth not what we are told by the press

Update Reply
JP @ 09/11/2017 16:50  

I think a lot more bike thefts are becoming known about as a result of social media. Having said that, it doesn't necessarily mean the actual figures are getting worse, just better reportage by like minded people. Not everyone is willing to tackle 3 or 4 theives trying to steal their property. You will rarely find just one opportunistic git up to no good, more likely to be 2 mopeds carrying 2 up. Given the chance, retribution is gratifying, although the chance to find where they take them offers greater scope for collective payback.

Update Reply
Double six @ 09/11/2017 16:55  

@ Double six

You're making a good point. Reported crime by the police
has changed, recently. It's confusing to look at because it still varies
by area.
Either way, it looks worse...but in fact was simply 'left out' in the first place.

People are using social media to report stuff, but it's still fragments and difficult to put together.
Some of it is also duplicated and confusing.

The UK has only just got into collecting online data at police level, so early days, really.

I agree - finding the operating base where the kit is taken helps a lot.

Social media can be great at getting information about scooter thefts and attacks, both from the public seeing it and the people doing it.
The problem is the same it's always been. Making sure the evidence is good enough to prove beyond doubt...and encouraging people to come forward to share what they know.

My point about the negative press is how it affects people's willingness to get involved.
It divides people. Instead of us being the community we need to be and stand together to put a stop to it, people fear for their own safety. The people need to support each other instead of looking to blame someone else for the problem.
Society is isolating itself. Many people don't even know who their neighbour is, anymore.
That's a perfect situation for the bad guys. They can operate locally, and not even be noticed.

Rant over :)

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 09/11/2017 17:36  

I cannot even describe what a mess i will make of anybody caught trying to steal any of my bikes,the remains will be available for forensic analysis once Nacho has pooped..i'm trying to be reasonable about it....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/11/2017 21:02  

As there have been several 'near misses'in Glos. recently,i've re-installed all my booby traps too,legal or not..break in, and find out if you can still run away...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/11/2017 21:05  

Evening guys/gals, I’m fairly new to this site but this thread caught my eye, certainly In Central London bikes are not the target, mopeds and phones are.

They are looking for manoeuvrability so a twist ‘n’ go is easier than a proper bike.

They are arming themselves with knives, certainly down here, and we are talking Crocodile Dundee style.

The issue with trying to catch them is by the time it is called in, they are long gone.

Stay safe out there.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2017 20:45  

Hi,I don't normally comment on forum threads but this caught my interest. @Cornholio I am appalled at your laid back attitude to "smashing skulls" and leaving people "disabled". All crime is life changing but I really don't think you have the answer. Do we want a violent society? And more money for the government to have to pay out to people you have disabled? @JP the insurance companies will always jump on the latest bandwagon to screw more money from you. Having read a little bit of what you are all talking about,Yes it's a new rising crime. Crime evolves like fashion and technology. The police are doing their best to tackle it but being cut all the time by this government does not help matters. So blame them. As for the judges if you do your research you will see some pretty hefty sentences have been handed down. Bikers are not special in this world we live in. No more at risk than the woman or child and even man having to live work and survive today from all sorts of crime. Whether it be on the street or online. I agree a lot has to do with social media and scaremongering. Think outside the box for a minute...how do you control people...through fesr. And the powers that be that hide in the shadows controlling us love nothing better than when we turn on each other. It takes the heat off of them. So yes everyone stay safe and I mean everyone,Not just those on bikes. As a society we should look out for each other. And not cow tow to the media trying to scare the shit out of us with the latest "Crime Wave".

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2017 14:41  

LOL

So violent people are to be protected from people who want to punish them with violence?
I've got news for you, that's why they're violent in the first place, cos nobody has had the guts to deal with them in a manner they understand. Either that or the do-gooders make excuses for their behaviour and go round blaming society, cos that poor hard done by person is in need of help. Yeah they're in need of something alright, like a tree and a rope.

In case you're unaware, we're already in a violent society!! Hence people like me that are sick and tired of it, and the complete lack of justice if and when old bill and the courts do get involved.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2017 15:03  

That about covers it Cornholio.

Update Reply
JP @ 24/11/2017 15:15  

Yep, JP, I think you're right. You don't get many habitual shoplifters in Saudi Arabia, well they commit no more than 2 offences anyway ;-)

I dread to think what they'd do to a flasher.....................

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2017 15:20  

You've got news for me? What would thst be? That beating these people down from day one is the way forward? I think you'll find that already happened hence this result amongst other factors. Your pearls of wisdom are fascinating. Do gooders...ok so that's what you would call rational intelligent thinking? Violence breeds violence..fact. the bigger issues in society have to be addressed to overcome this culture. You're way is dragging us back into the dark ages. Watch you don't scrape your knuckles now Cornholio 😉 x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/11/2017 15:44  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email