MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Loud Exhaust

Loud Exhaust - Forums [Biker Match] Loud Exhaust - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Loud Exhaust

I do like a loud exhaust, how about you?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=187176074786832&l=3068604956927893847

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 12/08/2013 22:05  

If someone can tell me how to post links, I'd appreciate it

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 12/08/2013 22:11  

the moderators usually correct any problems with links GS, dont worry about it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2013 00:14  

It's funny, I have totally changed my mind over loud exhausts. When I bought my Bonny, it came with 2 sets of pipes, it had 'normal' ones on but I got a set of loud ones. After a few months of dismissing the loud ones, I just had to put them on and try them out. Now they are on... they are staying on and I love 'em... had quite a few comments since of how brill they sound. Also car drivers seem to realise easier when I am coming up, specially when I am filtering. Just sounds more like a proper Bonny, so I have dismissed the quiet pipes lol

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/08/2013 08:53  

Try riding it for 12 hours stopping only for fuel and a quick comfort stop and you might have a change of mind especially in several very long road tunnels damhik

Update Reply
Big Twin @ 13/08/2013 15:36  

I used ride a softail harley with open drag pipes as a long distance courier rider. Never had a problem, and I never had a car not know I was there.

Update Reply
GS1085 @ 13/08/2013 16:07  

Got me out of a few near misses has my loud pipes. :-)

Update Reply
Intruder18 @ 13/08/2013 16:29  

loud pipes save lives

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2013 18:04  

I have a Vance & Hines 2-1 on my Sporty, sounds deep rather than high pitched, but still lets people know you're about. Not as anti-social as straight thru's but loud enough to be noticed.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2013 18:31  

on my 10th ducati now, all of which I`ve fitted terminogi pipes, and the last 4 I`ve had full aftermarket systems on,

though they are certainly "loud"
I kinda like the better sound, and the improved power n torque curve,

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 23/08/2013 21:45  

I've got monster ovals on mine and they're not loud enough.....had short shots on my Streetbob and there was a fair rip off them.......most excellent !!!!!!

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 23/08/2013 23:53  

Well mines "bog standard" But she still "howls" if I use the lower gears Lovely noise though

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/08/2013 01:55  

Well mines "bog standard" But she still "howls" if I use the lower gears Lovely noise though

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/08/2013 01:57  

Em it's whatever make us happy

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 24/08/2013 20:29  

Too right BK Wouldn't do for us ALL to like the same sound It'd make a monotonous soundtrack for our biking world I also LOVE the sound of a big V twin on open pipes And a triple through a 3 into 1 mega But a 2 stroke single on "full song" makes the hairs stand up on me neck

Update Reply
Emzed @ 24/08/2013 21:11  

Well my Tbird has now been running on British Customs Hog Slayers for a few weeks now and I have to say the bike is improving the more I ride her. Got rid of 20 + lbs in excess weight over the standard pipes but the removal of the cat allows her to breathe that much easier with a KN air filter. Noticeable improvement in torque at the low and high end as for sound, sweet even over the Triumph TORS and loud but in a melodic sense

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 25/08/2013 07:27  

Took my Spyder through the MoT last week with the non-road legal 'sports' silencer. The tester said "Ooooh....doesn't that sound nice!"
No problems with a pass!
My BMW has had a catectomy and the (removable) internals of the silencer have been changed to something with better gas flow.
But the best of the lot was my Yamaha MT-01 with Stage Two tuning and Akrapovic pipes....I used to come up behind cars on the motorway and they'd just move over!! Really miss that bike...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2013 14:56  

I'm a big fan of loud pipes - I had an sv650 years ago with no baffles and could almost play tunes on it ! Also, I agree totally to all those who pointed out that a loud bike is likely to be heard by other road users, and therefore safer. That sv used to make my ears ring after a long ride though....

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 28/08/2013 15:46  

my rosie strumpet has a triumph race can on and it sounds bloody awsome.very deep and very loud.my vtr has a one off stainless exhaust by tbias engineering with no db killers and thats wicked loud with awsome tone.i prefer loud pipes all the way!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 28/08/2013 19:28  

loud pipes defo like to be heard since most drivers eyes dont seem too work....

Update Reply
rileymtr @ 28/08/2013 22:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email