MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Loud Exhaust

Loud Exhaust (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Loud Exhaust (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Loud Exhaust

I'm not a moderator GS but here's your link in clickable form https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=187176074786832&am...6927893847 Unfortunately it didn't go to the photo This content is currently unavailable The page you requested cannot be displayed at the moment. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page I assume that when it is available one has to sign into facebook to see it anyway.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/08/2013 14:12  

LOL @ OJ's comment 'a catectomy' When I had my bike (a Honda CM 125cc) no one knew I was there, even to the point of trying to move into the spot I was in, in a traffic queue. However, when the exhaust developed a HOLE in it it sounded like a wannabe Harley and made car driver's heads turn. It was nice to know that others KNEW I was there. In answer to the original question...it depends on the circs, if a bike with loud pipes is being ridden up and down a residential street, several times a day, then NO I'd hate loud pipes.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 29/08/2013 14:24  

Have a set of oem headers with slip ons,nice n loud but work well, tried 1 set of straight thru's ,was too loud for me with an open facer on,helluva snarl off them,especially on the overrun,running Dynopower staggered just now,nice but kinda refind,just got a pair of oem headers without balance pipe to try some more slip ons out on,got 3 sets sitting, Short shots were very tasty,but sapped power,thats the problem with pipes the tuning and getting them to work with the engine,you modern pilots probably have the computers n chip that reset the mix etc automatically.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 31/08/2013 21:07  

Harley dyna with screaming eagles.... that'll work!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/09/2013 23:40  

sp400 without even a downpipe running at about 4000 revs is quite audible as I can testify, pity it wouldnt get through an mot like that! .lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/09/2013 00:05  

I tried several setups on my Bonnie. First removed the silencers and only used the exhaust pipes. The sound was impressive, but the flames even more
Then I used a saw on the original silencers and cut them just before the first baffle so I ended up with two totally open megaphones. I think this produced the loudest sound I could get from this bike. It didn't make my neighbours very happy though...
The best sounding bike I have now is the ྄ Guzzi V7Sport, it's not the loudness, but the sound itself. I also love the sound it makes when I close the throttle.

Update Reply
Pomtidom_67 @ 19/09/2013 15:51  

I got a second set of pipes when I bought my Bonny, it came with the 'normal' quiet once and a set of loud ones.... obviously I changed to the second set and I loooove it... not quite like a Harley... but then it's a Triumph after all....

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 20/09/2013 10:01  

Why would anyone want to sound like a harley????... I like my stealth mode...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2013 10:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email