MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Cruiser curious....!

Cruiser curious....! - Forums [Biker Match] Cruiser curious....! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Cruiser curious....!

Has anyone made the switch from sportsbikes to cruisers? If so, how hard was it to adjust? The reason I ask is because I don't want to ride as fast anymore, and some of them look absolutely fantastic. I have always viewed them as overweight, ill-handling things with bad brakes, but realise that is probably not true these days. Any help on this topic would be much appreciated.....

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 09/08/2013 20:41  

if making the switch,just bear in mind the ground factor clearance....ignore this advice at your peril

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/08/2013 20:45  

Thanks jinx - I did a bit of reading on the mcn website, and according to their reviews, the kwak vn900 is "impressive through bends, scraped metal is unlikely" - unless you drop it, of course !

Update Reply
Purplebikerboy @ 10/08/2013 22:27  

Don't forget the Triumph Thunderbird 1600 won best cruiser of the year in the states 3 years in succession. Rides like a dream with plenty of torque when you need it. It's really 2 bikes in one depending how you accessorise, oh and one last comment It's British!

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 11/08/2013 06:36  

go naked fighter mate cruisers for losers there are lots of bikes out there with good power and less speed and more comfort than going down the saddo cruiser route sorry but theyre pants and are only good for long american highways.i got a 955i speed triple and a fightered vtr1000 both really comfy,fab bottom end grunt and will easy go on motorway at 95 all day long and look amazing!!!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 11/08/2013 14:24  

was hesitating to suggest speedfour 600 triumph too,smaller,lighter,for fun ride too...mini me speed triple...lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/08/2013 14:27  

I would try a trails bike also as bit slower but more fun to ride than all out sports bike I feel... Down to choice though.

I came from hard tail choppers onto touring bikes so you need to think what you want to use the bike for.

I've just bought myself a new rocket 3 touring so looking forward to putting some miles on it

Update Reply
madscots @ 11/08/2013 18:28  

Yeah the Rocket's the way to go, American Highways indeed zzrbabe, but I like your style.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 11/08/2013 19:22  

rockets great power and comfort as you get older sports bike don't suit long distance i got zzr11 but I find the rocket better now

Update Reply
bikerken @ 11/08/2013 23:56  

rocket 3 paaaah may as well buy a car!!! dont park em down hill cos you will need a tow back wiv a tractor and if yah drop it well all i can say is good luck pmsl!! theyre cars on two wheels not bikes!! and as i said and will always say there are bikes out there plenty comfy with enough power etc without having to go the "might as well buy a car" route pmsl

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/08/2013 05:58  

got to contradict you there Ken, sports bikes can be brilliant for long rides, it all depends on the rider, i can do 400 miles a day when touring

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/08/2013 06:06  

i agree bill fabby :)

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/08/2013 10:11  

yes zzr was good but now I'm starting to get problems it's not the same for distance and I find cruiser ease.I could not turn the rocket down at price I got it for cheaper than a lot sports bikes and better on fuel than zzr up to 90

Update Reply
bikerken @ 12/08/2013 10:36  

mmm must be huge tank i used to get 185mls to a tank on all my zzr,s(had 4 of em) and i ride the snot out of all my bikes.and to be honest i wouldnt want to do more than 150 mls without a break.i just think if your gonna go down the route of bikes like that you may as well have a car but thats my opinion and like the busa i think theyre god damn ugly lol

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/08/2013 12:25  

zzrbabe tell me what you think 20years time if I'm still about I loved sports bike when I was youger but age as caught me up and bumps from racing 40 years ago so I need comfort and speed

Update Reply
bikerken @ 12/08/2013 12:42  

i like comfort and speed in my ride to ken

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/08/2013 13:31  

Rocket 3 ..... good choice ken

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2013 13:54  

Why is it every time someone asks for advices it turns into a bike style slagging contest. My advice now is you buy what you like not what others think you should buy. if it floats ya boat and fits ya pocket go for it.

Update Reply
JP @ 12/08/2013 14:51  

it has nothing to do with age ken i know guys an gals who are in their 70,s and still ride sportsbikes and fighters like i do.its purely down to other things like fitness,strength,likes,dislikes etc.im just pointing out that to have comfort and power you dont have to go the cruiser route!!!! the adventure style is very comfy with plenty of power as is a lot of fighters.again personal choice!!

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 12/08/2013 15:16  

Comfort and speed is great,my Blackbird delivers both (particularly the latter....)
As an aside it takes all sorts but I personally wouldn't have a cruiser given,goes for Harleys etc too.Each to their own.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 12/08/2013 15:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email