MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Harley to drop Road king

Harley to drop Road king - Forums [Biker Match] Harley to drop Road king - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Harley to drop Road king

I hear tale that HD are going to drop the Road king from their stable this year. I have just been into Maidstone Harley and they say that they have heard this too but cannot verify. Does anybody know anything about this?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/07/2013 13:58  

Souinds like a way of getting folk to buy one before there unavleble ?

Update Reply
JP @ 20/07/2013 14:55  

lets hope they don't drop it from very high,could provoke San Andreas Fault into finally separating.....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 21/07/2013 22:28  

Thank you jinx57 for amusing me this morning...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/07/2013 08:55  

If theh do it may only be temp. they have making other models from time to time when they have to many not selling.

Update Reply
myotherworld @ 31/07/2013 09:08  

three engines , four frames = about 60 ''different'' models.
Harley dropping a model is the same as another manufacturer dropping a colour .

I rode Harleys for ten years and I couldn't keep track of all the ''different'' models.
My mate has rode them longer than that , he's a real Harley enthusiast. His house is full of Harley memorabilia. He went to the centennial party at Milwaukee on his own bike .
He needs a catalogue to tell all the ''models'' apart.
You'll probably find that a change of 'bolt on bits' has caused a completely new name to be required for this completely ''new'' model .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 31/07/2013 18:54  

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/04/15/manufacturers/harley-davidson/harley-davidson-discontinuing-road-glide-and-other-models-for-2014/

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 02/08/2013 13:35  

Thanks for the info guys. I went down to my local Harley dealer last weekend because i am thinking of getting a new bike and looked at the new street glide.....£18k with £1k worth of accessories and another possible £500-1k knocked off the retail price. Has anybody had experience with the street glide?
My old Road King is a great bike but it is extremely heavy, the street glide has an extra 200cc of power and is very light. The bikes are not too dissimilar but the SG appears more swept back instead of horizontal.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2013 09:20  

I don't ride but surely Isn't it a matter of taste and what suits you to ride? Sounds like you already made your mind up with the SG. Test ride and find out? Just an idea.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/08/2013 22:27  

Agree with QUEENIE there,sounds like youve made your mind up,you defo need to roadtest and not one of them pack rideouts Stealers organise these days,you need to ride the Streetglide as you would your Roadking,whatever it is fast,slow,on the twisty roads and m-ways,can you manhandle it around(might be a lot more awkward than your RK. 200cc extra aint a lot on a Harley,any H-D motor can be made to do lots more power,just a question of how much you want to spend, not at a stealer preferably,with someone who knows these bikes and wont just unbolt and bolt back on and then tell you a sensor is playing up.

Update Reply
fxr swas @ 06/08/2013 14:51  

Definitely have not made my mind up yet guys. At the moment I have a foot in both camps,...I would like a new shiny bike but I am a person who likes to have something a little different to the rest and the thought of a really nice custom Job really appeals to me...ahh decisions decisions

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2013 07:42  

Definitely have not made my mind up yet guys. At the moment I have a foot in both camps,...I would like a new shiny bike but I am a person who likes to have something a little different to the rest and the thought of a really nice custom Job really appeals to me...ahh decisions decisions

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/08/2013 07:43  

With that sort of money to spend take a look at the new range of Indian Motorcycles coming to the UK in Sept
Write up in today's MCN or here

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2013/August/aug0413-new-indians-revealed/

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 07/08/2013 16:37  

I have seen them today in MCN and on the UK indian dealership site on the internet....what can I say except...WOW...gonna git me an injun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2013 19:41  

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-uk/home

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/08/2013 19:53  

Yeah Timax they are one hell of a bike can't wait to demo the classic

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 08/08/2013 19:59  

I've just seen an article on Yahoo and Harley have introduced their new 2014 line-up which includes the Road King...Mmmmmhhh. No emoticon available for drooling

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2013 12:18  

Stop drooling Queenie, you make a mess on my interweb connection

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2013 12:55  

where they gonna drop it ?? off edge of a cliff pmsl he he he only jokin :)

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 20/08/2013 15:06  

they released a new series which they called "Rushmore Project" Most significant thing is liquid cooled engine for the first time.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/620/16855/Motorcycle-Arti...urers.aspx

Update Reply
crato @ 20/08/2013 20:46  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email