MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (7) - Forums [Biker Match] NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up (7) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

NWBTRTM - Inaugral Meet Up

Thanks ZZR , have fun at Avernus, hopefully we will still have this lovely weather.
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/07/2013 19:50  

ooh check out the events page....Non Hot Male has a piccie up...Woohooo Just a reminder Could I ask if you are going and you haven't posted your piccie on the events page, to do so. Wouldn't want to miss anyone. 08:30 am - The Northenden Bus Layby (come off the motorway at Northenden (M56 Junction 3a) and go across the junction as if heading back onto the motorway. This can be changed until a bit later if people wish. 10.00 am meet up at <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chester</st1:place></st1:City> services M56 J14 and A5117 (North of Helsby) access from both motorway and 'A' roads. If anyone wants to meet at Lymm Services on the M6(as suggested by RD), please let me know and we will arrange a time. Once again..... I was also thinking for those who are traveling from Manchester/Stockport way, that we could, if anyone wanted to, meet up and ride over to Chester together. If anyone is interested in doing this, I would suggest the meet up be the Northenden junction (one before Sharston) as there is a long bus layby where we can pull in. I don't know how long it takes to get to Chester on a bike so I would suggest 8.30 am (extra time at Chester to get drink, go to loo, have a natter) meet up, but am happy to be corrected on route times. Just posting the route again for anyone who is just looking and/or new to the site. Essentially its a day to meet up, meet friends, make friends and basically have a good enjoyable day out....<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p> Remember the route is flexible and everyone is welcome and engine size, experience etc will be taken into account and worked round. Don't think you can't come along because you have a 125, no experience, minimum experience or anything like that (I'm still a newbie as I'll will only have been riding just over a year and its only my second "big" ride). 10.00 am meet up at <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Chester</st1:place></st1:City> services M56 J14 and A5117 (North of Helsby) access from both motorway and 'A' roads<o:p></o:p> A55 - A494 to Ruthin<o:p></o:p> A525 - A542 to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Horseshoe</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Pass</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> (Ponderosa)<o:p></o:p> A542 Llangollen<o:p></o:p> A5 to Corwen<o:p></o:p> (Detour if you fancy it A494 to <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Bala</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Lake</st1:PlaceType></st1:place>)<o:p></o:p> A494 back towards Corwin, turn West onto A5 join A470 to Betws-y-Coed – Llanrwst<o:p></o:p> ***Suggest you check your fuel at Betws-y-Coed if you haven't already done so, don't run out on Denbigh Moors***<o:p></o:p> take A 548 - A544 (South - East) Llansannan<o:p></o:p> A543 Denbigh (East)<o:p></o:p> The A548 - A544 - A543 can be a bit challenging for the novice but great experience, just be careful. There's plenty of opportunity to get some food beforehand so blood sugar and concentration levels should be well up.A525 back to Ruthin<o:p></o:p> A494 to Mold - Queens-ferry and home.<o:p></o:p> Depending on what time we set off and how hungry you are there are various eating places and watering holes along the way:<o:p></o:p> The Castle Cafe at Ruthin near the river, favourite haunt of bikers and cyclists - limited space, gets real busy, good food, inexpensive, toilets.<o:p></o:p> Ponderosa, <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:PlaceName w:st="on">Horseshoe</st1:PlaceName> <st1:PlaceType w:st="on">Pass</st1:PlaceType></st1:place> - big enough to accommodate just about anyone, usual facilities and friendly sheep<o:p></o:p> Bala Lake - various places but can be on the expensive side and a bit touristy!<o:p></o:p> Betws-y-Coed - as above.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/07/2013 13:45  

well i'll just meet whoever turns up at the services at 10am but if i wake up & the weathers crap like pissing it down im not going but i know the weather will be good

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/07/2013 22:08  

I hope you're right Franny, I'll turn up at the services anyway even if it's lashing down and consider the options depending on how many turn up. Someone may just get handed a laminated map though

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/07/2013 16:42  

I have booked good weather for that weekend

RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/07/2013 07:26  

Well I have my Waterproofs at the ready lol, just in case lol.

Update Reply
FireStorm-X @ 25/07/2013 16:22  

Let's hope you don't need them.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/07/2013 13:36  

Bump

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 29/07/2013 13:13  

Hope it was not a bad Bump RB ;)

Update Reply
FireStorm-X @ 29/07/2013 20:52  

nah honey, I got myself enough padding to bounce lol

So we are up to about 20. Looking forward to meeting BigRay as well as the rest of you guys.

Could you post which meet point you are going to be at. Some of you I know already, but it will help us make sure no-one is missed etc.

The Northenden meet is 8.30 but leaving a bit later than that.

The Lymm meeting point, if anyone wants to meet here could you let me know so we can arrange a time. If no-one wants/needs the Lymm meet up then I will change the Northenden one to a bit later around 9.00/9.15.

The Chester Services at 10.00.

Ta
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 30/07/2013 06:36  

I'll be at Chester services, look forward to our..(your) inaugural ride out, Rowanblossom

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/07/2013 18:40  

Weather permitting i will be there, is anyone riding in from yorkshire? OMG this will mean getting up early! ) let me think about this.....

Update Reply
fluffy @ 31/07/2013 01:09  

Hope you make it Fluffy, its a good day out and I've booked good weather lol.
Don't worry if not, next ride out will be towards the middle and up a bit lol. RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 31/07/2013 08:36  

towards the middle and up a bit?

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/08/2013 15:50  

The other middle and up a bit lol

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 01/08/2013 17:28  

Hi Jo,

Glad you are getting into the act of organising runs, realy enjoyed our last little sojourn.

Will try my best to make myself free and join you on this Inaugral event, the first of many I hope.

Looks like you have got plenty of takers, hooe I can join you.

Best Wishes,

Martin

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 02/08/2013 03:08  

Hi Martin (waves and a hug), it will be lovely to catch up if you can join us. Should be as good as last one and I promise I will look at the mountain this time lol

RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 02/08/2013 09:49  

Ok I'm in, I dont mind which route you take but where is the nearest meeting place for me then coming in from yorkshire? I love anglsey coast road maybe you could organise a camping weekend there sometime rowan? (no pressure) :))

Update Reply
fluffy @ 03/08/2013 10:27  

Hi Fluffy, I'd suggest "The Northenden Bus Layby (come off the motorway at Northenden (M56 Junction 3a) and go across the junction as if heading back onto the motorway"

Take the M62 out of Bradford, join M60 South (Manchester ring road) heading for Stockport, join the M56 just West of Stockport RB will probably know the Junction number.

RD

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/08/2013 13:18  

join the M62 motorway Signposted Manchester - At Junction 18 continue forward onto the M60 Sign posted Ring Road West and South, Liverpool M62 - Continue forward at junction 12 Signposted Ring Road South - Continue forward on the M60 - Barton Bridge - Leave the M60 at junction 5, then merge onto the A5103 Sign posted Chester, Manchester Airport, Birmingham - Branch left, then at traffic signals turn left onto Palatine Road - B5166 Sign posted Northenden.

As you come down the slip road, carry on over as if going back onto the motorway, and the bus layby is on the left.

Hope that helps.
RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 03/08/2013 20:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email