MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I need help with my narky knickers

I need help with my narky knickers  - Forums [Biker Match] I need help with my narky knickers  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I need help with my narky knickers

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need some GOOD advice, from all you ex-smokers out there especially. I gave up the cigs 9 days ago and not given in to it since, determined not too! The problem is that i am being such a narky knickers. Reckon my kids will end up buying me fags by the end of the week. I have a tolerance level of zero Anything that might help would be greatly appreciated (especially by my kids!) :) Thanks xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Dulali @ 28/08/2007 14:51  

Quiet Life Herbal tablets - worked a treat when I packed in! Also great for pmt

Update Reply
countess @ 28/08/2007 14:55  

ps - good for you - hang in there - its worth it - more money in your pocket for partying!

Update Reply
countess @ 28/08/2007 14:56  

sounds like you need something to replace the hand to mouth part of smoking (that is not meant to be taken as a sexy inuendo before people start). when I gave up many years ago (yes I smoked) i found the will power but needed to kick the hand to mouth habit so I found nibbling on carrots and cereral helped also made me relise that vegies are not all that bad. Hope that helps

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2007 14:58  

Thanks so much Will check them out!! Already gonna use money to save for a hol for me and the kids - boy, are they gonna really need one now! :)

Update Reply
Dulali @ 28/08/2007 14:59  

Will second the herbal option.... I`ve tried calms in the past and they did work very well. Best of luck and as Countess says hang in there cos you`re doing so well.

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 28/08/2007 14:59  

Dulali you are doing great to have not had a cig for 9 days, good on ya Only tips I can give you've probably heard or done them all Carrots, celery, to nibble on, cut up into strips to make it easy to grab a snack, better than sweets cos stopping smoking makes ya want to eat and that piles the weight on. Drink glasses of water (something to keep your mouth occupied) Puzzle Book/ Jigsaw puzzle (to keep your fingers occupied) Long soaks in bubble bath, difficult to smoke a fag in wet conditions and you get a pampering which may help with your tetchyness

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/08/2007 15:01  

Hiya Dulali, can't give you any advice as I've tried three times this year so far to give up and each time I have crashed and burned. I can only give you my encouragement so stick in there and kick the habit. I'm back to see the smoking cessation nurse on the 3/9 and gonna try some drug that makes fags taste really bad (as if they don't already lol) Fingers crossed.....4th time lucky!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 28/08/2007 15:02  

Thanks KOJ. I did stock up on loads of low cal nibbles but not found that too much of a problem - have resumed juggling which keep my hands busy! :) Also, not found it toooooo bad an annoyance not having a fag but i'm just so damn grotty when the littleist thing happens!! Was gonna title the topic 'Need help with my grotty knickers' but decided against it!! lol

Update Reply
Dulali @ 28/08/2007 15:03  

Thanks all of ya - really appreciate it - made me feel i've got slightly less grotty knickers on already :) (i probably should get in that bath right now Kwak!) Good luck blueboy! I was smoking over 30 a day (disgusting i know) and cut to zero overnight. First day ok, 2nd - 5th murder wanting a fag, after that not too bad wanting a fag but so narky i dont even want to be around myself :) I am so ready to give it up for good now - go for it mate The actual withdrawal is not as bad as i thought i would be.

Update Reply
Dulali @ 28/08/2007 15:09  

wise move there lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2007 15:10  

blueboy - let me know how it works as i know someone who might be interested. And what are these herbal things and where can you get them from? Laura's a right moody git so I'm gonna get her some hahaha

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/08/2007 15:22  

Way to go Dulali,the biggest factor in ditching any bad habit is determination and you seem to have that by the bucketloads.

I stopped smoking for three years before i had a stupidity surge and fell of the wagon.

The two things that made it possible for me were St Johns Wort,again herbal,available in many forms and also known as natures prozac,and kickboxing.Superb for venting anger/frustration ect,the disipline helps your willpower,you learn how to kick ass with style and to quote a friend you develop"thighs to break backs and an ass to break hearts"

What more could a girl want

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/08/2007 20:10  

I gave up in January 07 with the help of Nicotinell lozegers 2mg. havent looked back since. hate the smell. No more fag stops, more miles in less hours!!! Unless I'm with Barb.

Update Reply
cbrbabe @ 28/08/2007 20:42  

I used to smoke cigarettes, cigars and a pipe. (Not all at once) But when I gave up I found that sucking on the pipe even though it was not lit was a great help. (I stopped in 1980 and only started again in 2002. I know I can give up again if I want to.) But as has been said, you need to conquer the hand to mouth syndrome as well as the need for nicotine. Try not to indulge in sweets though as too much of that will not be good. The occasional lolly will help. (Chupa Chups help) But in moderation. You can buy plastic cigarettes that you "smoke" normally.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 28/08/2007 22:48  

Hiya ali i gave up in march last year using the nicotine patches, was walking past a quit charity shop in my local town a seeing them with a stall inside offering advice. I got free patches and never looked back Good luck you go for it gal the one thing i like the most is not coughing first thing in the morning,it makes me feel so much better

Update Reply
fjr_graham @ 29/08/2007 02:57  

i quit about 6 or more years ago. The one thing that always got me was the point on the motorway, where if i hadnt lit a ciggie i wouldnt have time to finish it before i got into work. I didnt get cravings as such, it is just the habit that i had gotten into, so if you are struggling then change your routines, i came off the motorway a junction early to avoid it. All i can say to anyone who is trying to quit anything, if you fall off the wagon, pick yourself up, remind yourself of why you are doing it and get back on. You will do it eventually! The money i saved bought me the ZZR6, new!

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 29/08/2007 11:30  

Hi Good on u, I Gave it up in March after a very very bad case of MAN FLU, "YES MAN FLU" Good Job women dont get it, LOL May Your God Go With You.

Update Reply
imthedaddy @ 29/08/2007 13:17  

Just imagine how fit you`re going to be and in a relatively short time... I decided today that i need to get fit so i went back to playing netball with my old team. I`m totally done in!!! every part of me aches, think i`ll need crutches by the morning. How can I be goal attack when I couldn`t even get to the net before everyone else got there give me some of your willpower cos I really need to make a final and serious effort to kick the habit myself. Maybe we can start a support group on here and give each other encouragement

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 29/08/2007 17:32  

Well Dulali you could always book the holiday, all you have to pay is the deposit ..... for now. You cant go back on the evil weed cus you gotta pay for the holiday. you can look at the brochure and get one of those little books from "the works" (you will have to choose a country that has cheepie discounted books) and read up for the next 10 months. Seriously GOOD LUCK .........

Update Reply
Kate5930 @ 30/08/2007 15:03  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email