MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

I need help with my narky knickers

I need help with my narky knickers  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] I need help with my narky knickers  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

I need help with my narky knickers

Well done for giving up! good on ya gal! I'm giving up smoking and masturbation which is going to be hard, I'm a 40 a day man..............smoke a lot too! Actually I don't smoke, just liked the joke!

Update Reply
ghosthunter @ 01/09/2007 11:47  

So did i

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/09/2007 12:56  

I laughed so much at that Ghostrider that i wet my narky knickers !!!! Made me feel much better though (ooooh eeeeeer) If giving up smoking makes me feel this narky then best i carry on masturbating as often as usual!!!! That IS the posh word for chewing your food isn't it???? Thanks to one and all for all the support and advice - it REALLY has helped - nearly two weeks now - would kill for one though but I'M not giving in!! Thank-youuuuuuuuuu xxxxx

Update Reply
Dulali @ 01/09/2007 14:58  

you`re doing really well.... give yourself a pat on the back my dad gave up smoking 2 years ago and hasn`t had one since, problem is he`s now addicted to nicorette tablets!

Update Reply
Speedy Claire @ 01/09/2007 15:15  

Gave up smoking 19 years ago,was going up the wall,started on bottles of Holstien pils, got me through,just can't stop drinking the stuff now ...........

Update Reply
RUSSNULISECUNDUS @ 03/09/2007 05:10  

Went to see the smoking cessation nurse this morning and I'm gonna give the patches another try as I don't fancy taking the new drug they're offering. Wish me luck!

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 03/09/2007 07:51  

Good luck Blue

Well done Dulali,2 weeks is quite an achievement.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/09/2007 09:13  

Well, started my no smoking campaign today by buying 20 Mayfair lol WIll give up tomorrow instead

Update Reply
Blueboy955i @ 05/09/2007 17:28  

Come on Blue boy - you can do it!!! I was on more than 35 a day and straight to zilch. The first two weeks were the worst - zero tolerance etc but only really flared up when the kids were being really noisy/silly (behaving like kids basically!). This 3rd week is so much easier - the patches really do help. Just grin and bear it those first 2 weeks. It will be so worth it I promise :) Good luck to you Blueboy and thanks to EVERYONE for all your lovely support

Update Reply
Dulali @ 06/09/2007 10:48  

Just wondering how Dulali is getting on and if anyone else has given up smoking since this thread was started? I haven't smoked in the past 5 days... ...but not thro choice, I just didn't have the money to buy tobacco so I had to do without and here I am 5 days later wishing I'd done it years ago. I've wanted to give up smoking, for a long time, but never had the will power. Once I accepted that I can't afford to buy any more then I didn't have a choice and will power wasn't the big issue it could have been. I gave up smoking over 25 yrs ago just for 5 weeks and I had the most awful time in the first 2 weeks, twitchy legs and irritability, but this time I've not had any withdrawal symptoms which I think is odd. I keep expecting to wake up one morning with a huge case of withdrawal symptoms. I'm still getting the 'oo I could murder a drag' but not as often as I thought I would; especially as I smoked about 30 a day. Does anyone know how long it takes for the taste buds to calm down? lol Everything tastes so grotty to me and my tongue is sore from sucking tic-tacs but at least that won't last forever.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2007 10:41  

can take a coupla yrs for the desire to completely go yu may lose the initial cravings after about 2 months but there is always the thought of having one with a drink or after food [or shannagins!!]an what to do at a bar with yur hands !!it[smoking]was a good way of occupyin yourself when out alone an was very sociable when i was youg yu handed a cigarette to a girl an got chattin brill!!i was a chain smoker but managed to kick it it can be done!!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/10/2007 11:07  

forgot they have banned it at bars so that should help!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/10/2007 11:09  

Yup they sure have banned it and when I was a smoker it was a right pain in the derriere having to go outside to have a fag. I felt like I was in the naughty corner at school lol. I think it's the 'something to do with my hands' I shall miss most, not the fags themselves but the actions while smoking, such as rolling my own fags and lighting up when doing certain things, especially after a meal. I enjoyed a fag most after a meal, the rest of my smoking was habit rather than need. I'm not liking this awful taste in my mouth tho, I hope that goes soon.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/10/2007 11:19  

it should be easier these days with all the help around!!cant believe peeps still smoke!!oh an dont watch old films everyone smokes!!all i need to do now is stop boozin ,

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 25/10/2007 11:39  

I've been off them for a week an have had a really bad throat, i gave up for 14 years an never thought I'd smoke again, then meet my now ex-husband's mistress, an with stress of devorce started again, lol.

Update Reply
nutty tart @ 25/10/2007 15:28  

i was a heavy smoker i used nicorette inhaler thing so i had the hand to mouth thing .took three months .was well worth temper tantrums .(collegues didnt think so they kept buying me ciggs ).never give up giving up .good luck .i had holiday with my kids to tenerife and a month touring asia (not with the kids )with what i saved in a year.

Update Reply
martin372005 @ 25/10/2007 18:08  

hi Dulali, well done for the motivation to do it, here's something to think about, if you dont give up, you are asking for a a future of breathlessness and needing oxygen to do the slightest thing. when you do give up you have a better quality of ife and so do the kids! sorry for the facts, I am a respiratory physio and have seen the effects of smoking, and believe me, it should be banned. (sorry to all smokers if i've offended you) you can do it Dulali you just have to want to.

Update Reply
babybabs @ 25/10/2007 18:17  

Hi Babybabs, Im a dom carer and care for hands on so many oxygen dependent clients, and i agree with you 100%, so why do i still smoke. 1. Nicotine is the most highest dpendent drug going, higher than heroin higher than the lot. 2. argueably until recently also sociably accepted. 3. for the smoker themselves, enjoyable, expecially after a meal or a drink. I also work work with severely disabled people, but right know i can honestly say i would give my right arm up to be able to give up. God this must sound as if i want to kill myself, no i dont but more should be done by the government to help us give up but we all know why there isnt dont we. Im knocking pepes who dont work, NO WAY, but i do not get the free time to visit these clinics on a weekly basis to help me give up, or can i afford to buy patches myself, i was quoted £45 a week for patches and gum for myself, i cannot afford that. And before anyone asks, no i dont spend that much on cigs a week, i roll my own and dont pay shop prices for my baccy(say no more). Sorry will get off my soap box now, and i sincerely wish all pepes trying to give up, all the best of luck.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 25/10/2007 20:24  

Sorry, i meant to say there I AM NOT knocking pepes who dont work.

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 25/10/2007 20:26  

Anyone been in touch with Earthwind on this? She hasn't been on the forum for a few weeks but she's alive and kicking and can help smokers: http://homepage.mac.com/beginnings_art/ Click on hypno-psychotherapy at the top and off you go...

Update Reply
Wills @ 25/10/2007 20:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email