MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Hi everyone, just to throw things open even more, just across the road from Cumberlands Campsite you have Stravaigers Lodge http://www.highlandbunkhouse.co.uk/ here is some info I got back from them "Price for a twin room is £23 pp per night. We do not provide breakfast but there is a kitchen to make your own. Tea and coffee are freely available. campsite prices are £8 pp per night and showers and toilets are free" from what I understand if your camping you can use the kitchen etc also again from what I understand if you want a room to yourself its £46 which is what I would be looking at, the place also has wifi

Update Reply
kmax1959 @ 10/03/2013 22:35  

i'll just go with the majority.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 11/03/2013 08:45  

Update on prices, twin room on your own £30 they also have Bunk rooms 2 beds to a room which you can rent for £18 on your own, seems pretty cheap to me and the place looks clean :-)

Update Reply
kmax1959 @ 11/03/2013 16:27  

Sounds like a fab weekend shame i cant make it

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 11/03/2013 19:56  

This thread is a good example of why events need an organiser , someone to take charge. Otherwise all that happens is well meaning suggestions (and a potentially great event ), turn into nothing .
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/03/2013 10:50  

I have to Agree with Dusty, someone needs to pull this thing together, or it will be a no show.
I have the time booked off and am ready make plans for accomodation as soon as it is settled.
Sunsea can you make a noise in here and tell these nice peeps what we are doing lol.
Looking forward to this.

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 13/03/2013 17:29  

Richard told me he has contacted everyone and that he's waiting for camping money to be paid, he's done everything he can and can't do anything else or tell anyone anything. Seems like a communication breakdown somewhere. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3915

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/03/2013 20:37  

if anyone is interested at the Bunchrew site they have a four berth (1 double, 1 twin) caravan available for this weekend for £60 per day as an alternative to camping...perfect refuge from midges and rain!....and somewhere comfortable to plug in the straighteners i might prefer this option if im doing thursday til tuesday. anyone like to share?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 14/03/2013 10:57  

So are we all going to the same site richard has booked. :-\?

Update Reply
fantasia @ 16/03/2013 00:50  

Sunsea, get yer finger out please and say summat to save us from the chaos.

Personally I'm going but I don't really mind where I camp... as long as everyone else is there.

I need people to drink with!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 16/03/2013 20:23  

Ped and Cathy have twisted my arm into coming for this weekend and going a bit further up the country the following few days...

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 20/03/2013 21:20  

Hi , myself and fantasia will pay Monday,

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2013 20:35  

i'll stay wi yu deb...tho I am getting a little confused about the dates now:/

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 23/04/2013 21:35  

ay lass you and me both...will just decide a week or two before :)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 23/04/2013 22:42  

I tried the campsite on the Loch but it was already full when I said bikers I know theres a coop just down the road and I am sure there is a bar on site

Update Reply
sunseaandfun @ 24/04/2013 10:46  

I have sent all update
but not really got any replys from anyone I am in contact with the campsite all you have to do is pay for your camping and turn up we are only going up to calisle then heading off on the back roads a route will be sent nearer the time some of you have already paid for the campsite so if you change to another campsite then they will loss out i tried 4 campsites 1 was fully booked 1 wanted me to pay a deposite for any pitches we needed 1 would let over 10 bikers on and the one i booked i have done what i can i have asked who has paid and who hasnt but only got a few replies i dont come on biker match often and to be honest what can i say about the trip i havent already said there are always people that say they can organise a better trip or would have done soething different but they never do now its up to you what you all do if you want to use the other campsite be my guest im booked with a few friend at the one i found every things a go for us its up to the rest of you now to make your minds up

Update Reply
sunseaandfun @ 24/04/2013 11:07  

Hi Sunsea.
My plan is to go up for the prequel at Fort Augustus during the week then across to your site near Inverness on the Friday.
That will give me a couple of days to play north of the Nessie and join you for the beer, bbq and Saturday pootle round the Loch.
All I need to do now is confirm I can get the holiday from work then!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/04/2013 18:55  

Will be a great giggle if anything else , as for the midges they wear skirts up there and Nessie said it will do one one night only show for us lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2013 21:20  

im doing the same as Steve_H

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 24/04/2013 21:22  

Holidays booked, better send the campsite some money.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/04/2013 19:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email