MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

I've just checked out the camp website. They have bicycles for hire.... I think I've just worked out a good way to get to the pub and back.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/04/2013 19:57  

Magic, you pedal , I'll sit on the handlebars and warn oncoming traffic . Ll
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 26/04/2013 11:04  

oh what a vision that conjurors up....Butch Cassidy eat your heart out! lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 26/04/2013 14:57  

Lol KG

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/04/2013 15:00  

@ KG , if it was me on the bars instead of Katherine Ross . It would have been a totally different movie.
I bet Steve h is flattered though lol
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 26/04/2013 18:12  

@KG just to clear up any confusion . You think Steve h resembles 'Paul Newman' and ya think I look like some 'bird in a frock' lol or,,,,,, do ya think I bear a passing resemblance to 'Robert Redford' ?
Dusty xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/04/2013 13:32  

Hi Guys and Gals, Just thought it would be helpful to give you all a resume of the Bunchrew Campsite. The site is on the banks of the Moray Firth, (between Beauly and Inverness) a tidal estuary, although no beach, its just mudflats and stone/rocks, the camping grassy area is right next to the water, possibility of seeing seals and if your lucky the dolphins that live in the Firth. On site catering van run by Sandra from 8am for breakfasts and 6pm to approx 9pm for evening meals, all takeaway. Free showers block close to camping area. There is a gate at the edge of the site leading to the Bunchrew Country House Hotel and restuarant, lovely scots baronial hotel with bar, a bit pricey but handy for campsite. There's a pub 3 miles along the road accessed by a bus service and /or taxi's available. Stunning views from the camping area across the Firth, well worth a visit. Hope this helps, Richard

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/04/2013 18:08  

Dustin666 "I bet Steve h is flattered though lol"

Actually I'm more worried about been flattened if you land on me

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 27/04/2013 18:43  

lol @ Steve H & Dusty....but dusty...surely its more Dustin Hoffman than Robert Redford....but i'll never be able to hear "Raindrops keep fallin on my head" without thinkin of you two "cycling"! lmfao

thanks Scotsdick for that info....I take it you're on the mend now lad?

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/04/2013 19:39  

KG & Steve h . I think the bicycle , and song is a must do . Top fun and a great photo . Lol
p.s, ''flattened'' . ..cheeky bugger . Lmfao a lot .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/04/2013 23:20  

Does anyone else think Steve and Dusty look similar, in their profile pics?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/04/2013 23:39  

Hiya Sandi, Similar? = absolutely.
Come to Loch Ness and get two nutters for the price of one .pmsl .p.s. Come in your car, I'll take you on the rideouts. Skye on thurs , tour of the Loch on sat.irresistible xx

Hiya scotdick , great craic about the site and the catering arrangements.
Mmm ''I love the smell of a bacon buttie in the morning. (sniff sniff) Smells like , VICTORY"

A napalmed bbq sausage on an evening runs a close second, lol
Dusty xx

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/04/2013 11:40  

Hi Dusty, I used to live in Helensburgh, I've been to Loch Lomond, not sure I've ever been to Loch Ness. Thank you for the kind offer but I don't have a car Dusty, nor money for public transport. Right at this moment my back has gone into spasm so I'm not even sure if I can get up off this chair, never mind get me leg over a bike.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/04/2013 12:48  

hey Richard, I hope you will be fit enough to join us for the weekend tho:))

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 28/04/2013 18:21  

Sandi , if ever we're at the same event and you fancy a ride out ,I'm your man x
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/04/2013 20:56  

flip Sandi....theres an offer you cant refuse! lol ;)

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/04/2013 23:12  

I've just picked up on the suggested john o groats ride. It's a long way on a boring road and there is sod all there when you get there.
You've been warned. I'll be off to play on some of the fun bits:-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 04/05/2013 19:00  

Sandi , if ever we're at the same event and you fancy a ride out ,I'm your man x Dusty x That's very brav...erm I mean kind of you Dusty, thank you

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/05/2013 00:38  

No bother Sandi girl . Just remember to squeeze me tightly on the corners .
Coz I'm a bit pervy that way lol Xxx
Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 05/05/2013 21:43  

Ermmmmmmmmm i seem to remember reading on your arranged trip someone mentioning a trip up there ,,,,, mmmmmmmmmmmmm didnt see you saying it was a boring trip then,,, seems to me certain people only want to slag off Richards trip,,, guess what it isnt working .......
The fun is in the riding not the sight seeing ,,,, but as your going too fast neither apply to you lol good speeding

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/05/2013 19:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email