MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Loch Ness Camping Weekend, 19-21 July 2013

Mmmmm Bandit or Fat Bob that is the question lol

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 23/02/2013 03:20  

A82, excessive twistiness. The Bandit obviously.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 23/02/2013 08:40  

Yeh Steve, I have done 3 Scotland tours on the bike, roads are awesome but think the fat bob will cope quite well, leave bits of Harley scraped all over the Scotish roads though lol.

Update Reply
Fatbob16 @ 26/02/2013 00:44  

id be game for a longer stay too!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 26/02/2013 23:14  

Hi everyone, I've only just joined and have put myself down for this run, I was going to be doing a run to Malta with a few work friends in June, but feel I need a lot more road experience so knocked it on the head, there's loads of lovely roads in this country to ride first :-) Like the idea of having extra days up there, also the travel lodge at scotch corner going up and coming back Keith :-)

Update Reply
kmax1959 @ 05/03/2013 07:07  

sounds like a good plan, we'll ride up through northumberland. Top roads all the way.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 05/03/2013 07:30  

lol steve and lots of cameras to go with the top roads!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 05/03/2013 13:37  

Hi chris. I can work in what ever way round your doing it. Stop over is a must for me too. just let me no where i can meet you all up. X

Update Reply
fantasia @ 07/03/2013 15:22  

I don't think i'm going to make this one (i'm a bit gutted about this, i really like the idea and want to do something like it next year) But two old school mates want to do a non-biking foray into europe around the same time.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 07/03/2013 16:21  

Hey kawkgirl the cameras on the 697 just add to the fun.
The ones that can get you are painted yellow and the ones that can't are painted grey. It's a good thing not having a front reg plate on a bike

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 07/03/2013 19:30  

hi guys any 1 going from midlands as would like to join in this 1

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 07/03/2013 21:08  

hi guys any 1 going from midlands as would like to join in this 1

Update Reply
trucker09 @ 07/03/2013 21:08  

Ooh , I've just booked Thursday to Monday.Any advance on four days? A look on google earth reveals the site to be in the middle of nowhere ,not a pub in sight, but it's right on the coast . plenty of opportunities to sing a couple of ''Jim Reeves songs, around the campfire''at a drunken beach party/BBQ. So, I'll be setting off Thursday[or an earlier day] about noon and pulling in at Tesco Stirling for cheap food, cheap petrol , coz I'm a cheapskate. lol Dusty x

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/03/2013 12:29  

Already booked up that weekend, so I'll have to pass on this one, but it would have been a great ride up in Summer.

Update Reply
Harley_Rider @ 08/03/2013 13:22  

I'm holding off until I've got gear and tried it out at Dent before I add myself to this. Even then it'll still be subject to the weather being OK so shan't book at the camp site but hope to be able to rack up on the day. If you need rough numbers you can add me in when you see me there on the events listing.
Anyone got any influence upstairs for the weather? - a whole summer of sunshine would be good

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/03/2013 13:41  

thursday to monday sounds good to me might even stretch it a bit more and take a whole week and a bit. see wot the weather is like nearer the time.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/03/2013 14:53  

Thursday till Monday gets my vote too. That leaves us three days of hooning about on some pretty awesome tarmac.

There is a separate thread for Dent Izzy. Good pubs in Dent and very good riding in the area too.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/03/2013 18:10  

is the plan to stay on this site the whole number of days....its a bit arse hole of nowhere.... you know that i take it.....its up the road from Mitchells bike shop in inverness....i would say its NOT the prettiest place in the area and deffo not a pub in sight. and Dusty id be very surprised if theres a beach of sorts let alone one to party on.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 08/03/2013 18:19  

well I did mention Cumberlands campsite at Fort Augustas, it's on the southern end of the loch they describe themselves as 'biker friendly' on the end of the village with pubs, restaurants etc within easy walking distance .
So............. With apologies to sun sea fun ( who hasn't posted on his own thread).
I'm willing to go to the alternate, anyone else ? There is two pubs a restaurant and a chipy within 200
Add,yards copy and paste,

CUMBERLANDS CAMPSITE FORT AUGUSTAS

dustin666

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/03/2013 17:20  

Fort Augustus is alright. We stayed there for a week late last year albeit in a cottage. Good pubs and food but not stayed on the campsite so can't comment on that.
Needless to say the roads and scenery is awesome.
Drumnadroichet also has a good campsite.
Any thoughts on that Sunseafun?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/03/2013 19:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email