MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Biker Match Germany run 2013

Biker Match Germany run 2013 (9) - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Match Germany run 2013 (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Biker Match Germany run 2013

No probs Chris ta.

Is it best to get currency exchanged in uk or over the water?

nhm

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/04/2013 06:38  

I usually get some before I go so have some ready cash. How ever I tend to pay for most things by card where possible so means I don't have to carry as much

Each day really just money for lunch and snacks as fuel we get each morning and I do mine by card. If I have run short I usually just pull some from ATM when we stop in Cochem also.

That cool ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 16/04/2013 12:19  

Cool! Cheers.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 16/04/2013 18:37  

Just to let everyone now the weather here in Germany is on the up. Today is like a summers day . The long term forecast for your arrival is sunny and 20c

Update Reply
VineBob @ 17/04/2013 14:54  

Dont forget plenty of money for beer for the Madscotsman folks, he aint very good at riding a bike unless he is p....d

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 17/04/2013 17:12  

You promised not to tell

Update Reply
madscots @ 17/04/2013 22:43  

One more week to go boys and girls he he
Anyone got any last minute hiccups !!!!

Mick

Update Reply
thegasmen @ 20/04/2013 14:14  

Hope it is as gud as last years trip all.....av a safe one!

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 20/04/2013 23:16  

Thanks fella shame you guys arnt coming again.

Update Reply
thegasmen @ 21/04/2013 08:32  

Linda aint goin so no point lol.....need to meet up sometine m8

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 21/04/2013 21:15  

You're right Noddy , the trip wouldn't be the same without me

Just wishing all those that are going to have an amazing time , enjoy the fun , and return home safe

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2013 04:40  

oi you two clear off

Update Reply
madscots @ 22/04/2013 09:49  

Goin 2 rain scottie lol

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 22/04/2013 23:25  

Uh oh.... Another question from KentishMan - is the petrol station we're meeting at early on Sunday the Total one that looks about a mile from the docks on Jubilee Way, post code CT15 5TA?

Cheers,
KM

Update Reply
KentishMan @ 23/04/2013 08:21  

Junction of A258 sits on the left hand side as you come up Jubilee way onto roundabout directly above Dover (first roundabout as you leave Dover heading North on A2).

Duke of York Military School is behind it if you look on map. It has a brewers fayre or a Toby also

CT15 5FD

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/04/2013 08:39  

Got it ... Thanks Chris! See you bright and early on Sunday.

KM

(Fewer thanks to Yell.com - I think the rogue post code I got would have taken me down a mine shaft in the old East Kent coal field!)

Update Reply
KentishMan @ 23/04/2013 13:43  

lol no not too bad as I know the station you found and yeh you'd miss us lol

Anyone has any problems we'll see you at port as meeting first is just a chance for me to make sure everyone is ok before heading down.

not long now folks

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/04/2013 15:06  

FYI
French motoring laws.

There's a couple of highly publicised laws to which the UK press have given different advice, so we checked the official French Government website earlier today and according to that...

Breathalyser kits - you have to carry one which is NF marked (but it is recommended that you carry two). The fine of 11 euros for not carrying one was going to be introduced in July 2012,
then this November but it's been put off yet again - like a lot things in France. It isn't now going to be introduced until 1st March 2013 - because of the unavailability of the kits!

It's popular belief in the UK that, from January, all motorcyclists will have to wear a hi-viz vest or at least 150 mm sq of reflective material on the front and back of their jackets.
However this is not correct. The directive has been cancelled and there aren't any plans to introduce this requirement in the near future.

And another thing... You do not have to carry a spare bulb or warning triangle as these laws do not apply to motorcycles.

We're sometimes asked if guests can bring a motorcycle which has a daytime only MOT - the answer is no, you have to ride with a headlight on at all times in France.

Every rider / driver from the UK must have a full licence - provisional UK licences are not valid.

Update Reply
madscots @ 23/04/2013 17:53  

Morning all from Amsterdam... Weather is good over here was 22 yesterday in most of Europe... So hope it stays for next week... See you all Sunday night ... Ride safe

Update Reply
dav49 @ 25/04/2013 06:39  

Well I'm sitting in ace cafe having a cuppa and bike all packed for heading down to meet the troops tomorrow.

Update Reply
madscots @ 26/04/2013 12:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email