MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Biker Match Germany run 2013

Biker Match Germany run 2013 - Forums [Biker Match] Biker Match Germany run 2013 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Biker Match Germany run 2013

April 28th-4th May

Description:
Trip to Germany for runs along Rhine, local roads and Nurburgring.
Staying in Altenahr which is 6Km or so from start/finish of Nurburgring. 30mins ride to Rhine and sits in middle of some of the best biking roads in Europe.
Fantastic rooms and secure bike area for storing bikes at night.
Good bar with German beer and food with a fantastic buffet breakfast each morning.

Twin or Double Room 35 euros (about £28) pppn
Shared rooms 25 euros (about £20) pppn

Couples get first dibs on the smaller rooms and will be same gender shared rooms although full cost of room needs to be paid if numbers are low (shared rooms are charged at one price)
Costs of rooms also covers guided tour by owners and a picnic (organised riot lol)

Saturday 27th
I will be leaving Edinburgh at 08:30am
full length of A68 stopping at Scotch corner for 12pm
then carrying on down A1 towards South Mimms (stop on way)

Toying with idea of late ferry over and stay in Calais or Premier inn with a brewers restaurant near Dover that we found last year (gives us a chance to meet) thoughts ?

Sun 28th: Dover ferry 10:15 am DFDS Dover to Calais 1.5hr arriving 12:45 (+1hr EST) www.directferries.com £36.50 price for two on a bike return

Calais to Altenahr 273 miles (4 hours) 82Mph/130Kph done in 1(ish) hour stints

Spend the week seeing some fantastic sights and riding some stuning roads. i will take you to Nurburgring and anyone is welcome to to take a run round. I'm happy to take a slower group round and is well worth the experience. There will be an organised picnic and last twice I have done this it's been fantastic but will be weather dependent.

If anyone has ideas of places to visit let me know as last year i was asked to take the guys to the Mohne dam (Dambusters fame) so up for ideas.
Cochem will be the base for most trips as great place to get food and the bikes get to park in town Square.

Saturday 3rd

http://www.grd.be/bikersloft/eng/default.htm

Double cost £33 pppn B&B but cheaper rooms available.
This was met with mixed opinions mostly due to not being cheap and was pissing down with rain. Belgium is not a paticularly a cheap place so I feel some bikers need to realise this when they travel abroad. The problem i face is putting 23 (last years numbers) in one place for the night. Most hotels can't accommodate this and Bikerloft is a great place on a sunny night with the barbie going... also 1 hour from Calais

Open to ideas if anyone can do better

Sunday 5th Calais DFDS 11am to Dover arriving 11:30 GMT

Go Home

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2013 04:38  

Need to get tuts the owner to take us out on them unforgettable roads for the day that was a memorable day.
Another place I'd like to see is to the concentration camp thats near there if any others are up for it.
As for accommodation I'm ok with what you organised last year if it makes plans easier for you Madscott

Cheers mick

Update Reply
thegasmen @ 01/01/2013 15:52  

Touts will no doubt take us out and hope he can take this group to the castle and mountain run from previous year (if not I'll get the route of him).

Can you mind name of the camp ?

Be great to have you along as with rest of the troops from other trips Got a few new roads to take folk on and we never got around to the Rhine last time so doing a run up it and then across on one of the ferries.

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2013 16:20  

Hi Chris

Ashford Travelodge for the Saturday night is currently £28 per room
on the non-returnable saver rate

wouldnt mind staying at the Loft again

trip cant come soon enough

Update Reply
buxton @ 01/01/2013 16:52  

Premier inn
Gillingham business Park
ME8 6BY

I was thinking there as £28 and has a brewers fayre next to it

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2013 17:26  

Chris

just checked the DFDS Web site

if you book through them before 14 jan there is a 20% discount
which works out to £27.50. a card fee may apply.
and i dont mind which Inn we stay at as long as its not too dear.

every penny counts mate

Update Reply
buxton @ 01/01/2013 18:19  

I'll go with whatever's easiest to organise. No problems with late Sat or early Sun ferries or accommodation.

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 01/01/2013 18:21  

Ashfords Travel lodge is on a leisure park so there a Mc D, BK, Pizz,Kentucky,Cinema and several others nearby. Pub a ten min walk too that serves good cheap food..,and 20min from Dover too.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 01/01/2013 18:59  

I'm interested in coming on this trip! Any pilly seats going? Siobhan

Update Reply
1066BikerChick @ 01/01/2013 20:09  

You can put up for pily on events when sandi put sit up

Buxton that's cool might be worth booking then once events is posted. I don't include anyone on trip until ferry and Bikerloft is booked

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2013 21:07  

I already put this on the calendar, I couldn't link it cos my account expired, I couldn't respond to my mail or post in the forums lol It's back to normal now, ta Matt. http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3870

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/01/2013 22:33  

muchusgrassyass x

Update Reply
madscots @ 01/01/2013 22:34  

De nada 28th April - 4th May 2013 http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3870

Update Reply
Sandi @ 01/01/2013 23:35  

Names starting to appear

Mind if your a pilion looking to come get name down and put in you need a lift.

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/01/2013 02:06  

Tip: Those with bikes who can offer a pillion please look at the 'Lift Request' section on the calendar, to see who has their name down

Update Reply
Sandi @ 03/01/2013 14:32  

Hi chris just booked ferry and bikers loft for me and missus (banditdame) looking forward to meeting and making new friends

Update Reply
stuartvfr750 @ 03/01/2013 19:34  

Evenin' all.

@ Chris
Hello Chris. Please excuse ignorance, but do we book and pay for ferrys and bikers loft and Dover or Calais over-nighter asap individually or do we send you the dosh and you block book it when you get the numbers?
As you are aware, I have not travelled in your group before so I am unsure of procedure/plans.

As you were open to ideas/thoughts, I am unclear whether to wait and see which of the options you were toying with is suitable for the majority or follow stuartvfr750s lead and book now. Thanks Chris.

@stuartvfr750
Hello stuartvfr750. I am assuming that you have chosen the 10:15 am ferry as listed. Would you please confirm as I would like to meet up with all you folks and hopefully travel on the same ferry. I do not know if you have sent PMs to Chris or if any particular overnight stop in Dover or Calais has been arranged yet. It's only so I can make sure an older person (i.e. Me) can be sure of a bed.

Just need re-assurances really.

Look forward to meeting you all.

Thank you,

Denis (NHM)

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 03/01/2013 23:04  

Doh!!

Sorry chaps, just read events post properly this time.
10:15 am ferry it is, therefore over-night stay in UK.

The rest of my post above still stands.

Cheers NHM

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 03/01/2013 23:16  

Plan so far so book if you wish as want to get this moving

Saturday 27th
I will be leaving Edinburgh at 08:30am
full length of A68 stopping at Scotch corner for 12pm
then carrying on down A1 towards South Mimms (stop on way)

You need to book Ferry, Bikerloft and 27th if needed (details bellow)

I plan on staying here on 27th as 1 hour from Dover and has scoff/beer
Premier inn, Gillingham business Park, ME8 6BY

Sun 28th: Dover ferry 10:15 am DFDS Dover to Calais 1.5hr arriving 12:45 (+1hr EST)

Return Sunday 5th Calais DFDS 11am to Dover arriving 11:30 GMT
Saturday 3rd

www.directferries.com

Saturday 3rd http://www.grd.be/bikersloft/eng/default.htm

The only money i take of you is on arrival in Germany as I will have booked the rooms.

I hope that is clearer if not please let me know

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/01/2013 23:48  

Crystal Chris,

Thank you,

NHM

Update Reply
non-hotmale @ 04/01/2013 17:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email