MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best ever Live gig you went to?

Best ever Live gig you went to?  - Forums [Biker Match] Best ever Live gig you went to?  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best ever Live gig you went to?

I have a few gigs that made a lasting impression. Though to get the ball rolling, Guns N Roses at Wembley in 1991. First big gig I went to and Guns N Roses were my world then. Hot summers day , 19 years of age happy days and lasting memory :)

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 12/11/2012 22:23  

Two that really stand out for me were Monsters of rock at Donnington when Maiden headlined in the early 90's and Rammstein, truly awesome band.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2012 22:38  

Pink Floyd,Earls Court 1996
Close and equal seconds would be Roger Waters,Magny Cours (French Grand Prix) 2006 and Neil Young,Hammersmith Apollo,2008 (two sets,one acoustic,one full electric)

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 12/11/2012 22:47  

Kiss, back in the late 1970's. I'd never really been into their music but man, what a stage show they put on, awesome!

Update Reply
centurion @ 12/11/2012 22:47  

Kiss and Neil Young , Respect Gents :)

Update Reply
Valhalla_Rising @ 12/11/2012 22:54  

And for different reasons, 2 years ago I saw the Animals, with 2 of their founder members and a 3rd who joined them only a couple a years after they formed. Singing along with them to House of the Rising Sun was pure magic

Update Reply
centurion @ 12/11/2012 22:55  

Tough one ! Guns n roses Rock city in 87 short but sweet Hawkwind at stonehendge in 84 and then again at hammersmith Oasis Maine road in 96 All for different reasons

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/11/2012 23:07  

A Guns n Roses tribute band by the name of 'Bad Obsession' (since changed their name to UK Guns n Roses) at The Tackeroo pub, Hednesford, Feb 2004. Absolutely brilliant showmanship and musicianship from lads so young. Prior to this event I hadn't heard G n R, after the gig I heard this band on the radio and thought to myself 'how brill they've got a recording contract', then the penny dropped, I'd been listening to the real thing. That's how good these young lads are, I thought they were G n R.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/11/2012 23:31  

Seen the Stones a couple of times and they are awesome, but for me nowt compares with Pink Floyd (Maine road ྔ and Earl's Court ྜ)

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 13/11/2012 02:52  

Roger Waters Berlin Wall concert 1990 fantastic gig.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2012 03:16  

Went to see The Who a few years ago brilliant and last year Australian Pink Floyd they were very good

Update Reply
shelleygirl @ 13/11/2012 07:21  

AC/DC donnington 1991 Metallica - Belfast 2010 (oddly enough they also played the Donnington gig in 1991 but AC/DC were by far better back then) oh and i suppose Led Zep - at a very muddy Knebworth 1979

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 13/11/2012 08:54  

Best gig I have ever been to was in Germany, a festival called 'Bizarre Festival' in the 80s, held in an amphitheatre near the Loreley in the Rhine valley, where the Rhine and the Moselle meet. Absolutely gorgeous place, it was sooo hot, they ran out of drinks and sprayed everybody with water from hose pipes. Headlining were Siouxsie and the Banshees, also Iggy Pop, The Mission, INXS and many others. I will never forget it.

Update Reply
TheSlasher @ 13/11/2012 09:17  

For absolute stunning zap, brilliant theatre and singed eyebows the first time I saw Rammstein at Manchester Apollo in 2002 But for significance and emotional impact the 46664 Nelson Mandela aids awareness concert in Cape Town 2003. I don't really know how I ended up there. It wasn't planned, I didn't even know it was happening. Just happened to be in South Africa and a friend said there's a gig on when you are over, shall I get tickets?...yeah, guess so, might as well... All the moral conscience old chestnuts were there U2, Euythmics and could have done without Geldof but hey ho... but when Annie Lennox sang 7 seconds with Yassou N'Dour....Oh man that was sweet bliss It was the first time Brian May & Roger Taylor played in public after Freddy's passing....Oh my god, Brian May, We Will Rock You with all those African drummers Nelson Mandela speaking Peter Gabriel singing Biko under a beautiful African sky....to the end of my days I don't think I can ever have a musical moment that could top that....Listening to that song, in that place, stunning in the light at sunset. I still can't quite believe I was there. Don't you just love it when fate guides you to the right place at the right time

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 13/11/2012 09:47  

Guns n Roses at Donnington, the year that the scaffolding collapsed, not sure of the year, but poison played too, and it was very very hot & sunny

And I agree, the year Iron Maiden headlined, when 7th Son of etc came out, incredible show !!!!!!

Best gig in last 2 years, Papa Roach at the Civic in Wolverhampton, over 2 hours of stunning performance from the whole band, can't wait for them to come around early next year.

Update Reply
Pumpkin Poppy @ 13/11/2012 12:33  

Dare I say it.................................. The Spice Girls, I loved 'em lol To try and redeem myself, I always wanted to see Genesis live but never got round to it

Update Reply
Blackberry @ 13/11/2012 14:01  

June 14th 1992 Guns & Roses with supporting acts Soundgarden and Faith No More. Even managed to get up on stage....... what a life time experience that was saying that Download when ACDC rage again machine 30seconds to mars all played at the event that was epic....... Oh want to go to loads more now talking about them

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2012 17:13  

June 1995 I think ?? Metallica at the Milton Keynes bowl

It was fantastic nice warm day, hoping to go to kings of Leon June next year in Manchester :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2012 17:17  

So many but Pink Floyd at Knebworth early 70's purely because it was like being in a drive in movie when they debuted Dark Side of The Moon and it was the day when sadly Tim Buckley died so the concert stays in my mind.

Update Reply
Inspector Gadget @ 13/11/2012 17:44  

Alice Cooper earlier this year in Carcassonne - what a showman! Then again, Whitesnake were great live and so were UFO...... Mastadon were a bit too heavy for me live :( Looking forward to seeing Bon Jovi in June now :)

Update Reply
Nowgotabike @ 13/11/2012 18:15  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email