MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Best ever Live gig you went to?

Best ever Live gig you went to?  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Best ever Live gig you went to?  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Best ever Live gig you went to?

sensational alex harvey band at bristol colston hall,support was pat travers band,....double whammy!!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/11/2012 20:57  

also worthy of a mention...dr.feelgood sooooooooooooo many times,ditto hawkwind,wishbone ash,supertramp,ufo,motorhead,deep purple, black sabbath,also all the artists we saw at maryport blues this year and ditto for carlisle blues festival last weekend....xand probably hundreds of others that i can't remember right now..x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/11/2012 21:02  

Oooh well.....

Very first band I ever saw was Dr Feelgood but too young to really appreciate the moment I think.
First "proper" big gig was Iron Maiden on the world slavery tour - fecking awesome

Been to Glasto about ten times so seen roger waters, fat boy slim, Jools Holland, The White Stripes... could go on all night here... REM were spine tingling playing everyone hurts and Skunkanansie blew everyone away.
Faithless were the winners by far, though slightly ruined by preceding Coldplay. Nothing against them per se, but you can't follow God is a DJ with Yellow!!!!

BUT... the best gig I've ever been to for the crowd vibe was Status Quo at Bournemouth (I think? - may possibly have been very very drunk)
Crowd aged between 5 and 95 and everyone sang along to everything and just really enjoyed themselves. Not one bad attitude in the whole crowd
Not perhaps the coolest band ever but they rock

Update Reply
justjerry @ 13/11/2012 22:24  

Sabbath,with Van Halen as "warm-up" at Birmingham Odeon 1977.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2012 16:36  

@loner - Sabbath with Van Halen as warm up in Manchester - remember it well....sabbath were shiteeeeeeee! saw Dr feelgood at Manchester Poly about 1981....bloomin brilliant too!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 14/11/2012 16:44  

Back in the 70s saw Steppenwolf, Pink Floyd and Led Zep on the one bill!
Then there was the Who at their peak..ears ringing for a week.
Despite being from Liverpool I never saw the Beatles play together, although I did catch Wings in the early days. Got to meet Paul, though, and I can say with no exaggeration that all the Beatles were friends of friends.
Now I'm a boring old fart, and even thoroughly enjoyed Cliff Richard a couple of years ago! And what about Mr Melancholy himself, Leonard Cohen, still doing three-hour gigs with no support act?

Update Reply
Wills @ 15/11/2012 00:16  

Wills,I must agree with your admiration for Leonard Cohen, he is one performer I have unfortunately not had the pleasure of seeing live....who could 'support' him anyway, he is a hard act to either follow or warm up for

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/11/2012 15:54  

we always used to call mr.cohen "music to commit suicide by".....sorry...x

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 15/11/2012 20:41  

Haha yes Jinx all fans of him even say that too.... Dont think id like him if he sang a cheerful song lol. X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/11/2012 03:22  

Although not a fan of U2, I had the chance to see them in Rotterdam's Feyenoord stadium on the Zoo TV tour back in the 90's.
What a brilliant show, and the stage back drop was 3 Trabant cars hanging from chains covered in grafitti and and wired to light up at certain points of the show. One gig I will never forget.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2012 01:20  

23rd June 1996, Finsbury Park London, Eight bands. 3 Colours Red, Fluffy, Stiff Little Fingers, 60FT Dolls, Buzzcocks, Skunk Anansie, The Wildhearts, Iggy Pop and the headline band The Sex Pistols The worst gig was Pink Floyd at Wembley, I think the gig started in 1993 and ended in 1995, it was a long day.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/12/2012 20:26  

Too many to mention....seen more than my fair share of bands,from Led Zep at Knebworth thru U2 at the Manchester Apollo in 81...not sold out...to the Levellers in Liverpool a couple of weeks ago...but a stand out gig was seeing Big Country playing acoustically in a tent alongside the White Lion in Castlefield in Manchester..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 01/12/2012 21:47  

Oh wow reading all the above posts I so happy I not alone in having some fabalous gig memories, Capetown Minnie that sounds fantastic..well done...luck gal. Ragnar what are you saying!! How can Pink Floyd be boring!! For me the best one was two nights I went to see the same gig at Earls Court..Pink Floyd, what a show ....and I got tickets in a box near the stage the second night I went too. My gf was 9mths pregnant,due any day and she still came and enjoyed the show...scarey! The aroma and haze in the air was sweet smelling too. The lighting and sound awsum and my fav has to be 'One of these days' followed by Division Bell but then the whole concert was jus awsum too...... Other magical gig moments were the Eagles at Wembley Stadium one hot summer eve.... Genesis at Wembley,Radio 1 Summer of err was it 1986..dunno but Big Country, elton J,Annie Lennox, and many others added up to a long day of brill music. Then of course there was Madness at Findsbury Park and again at the TT Isle of Mann a few yrs later, Status Quo too. Stones at Earls Court.....oh Chuck Berry at Folkestone (he didnt play my Ding Aling)! slade.. trex and sweet in my younger days too. The Tams.... Hawkwind too, oh 10 CC.....they were good too. Stevie Wonder he was incredible.... Four Tops Ive seen too.... So many fantastic memories......and many Ive wished Id made the effort to go and see but never did..... To call one better than the others is probobaly wrong cause they all good but I guess the Floyd ones just take the prize for me.

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 01/12/2012 23:40  

Andy are you sure you saw Pink Floyd two nights on the spin or it just seemed like two gigs?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 02/12/2012 14:02  

PMSL Ragnar had my fill of floyd as a teen.... depressing... very good if you like that but for me depressing!! the best gigs i have been to i cant remember ... i can remember us all goin there bt the actual doo is kinda vague with a few bits thrown in!!! Angelic Upstarts when i was about 17 was wicked, The Damned got in stage door entrance for nowt when was about 16.... loads of bands at Glastonbury in the early 80's when we got in for nowt by hiding in back of vans or climbing fence for a few years in row and dogs were allowed and it was much more hippy... no cash machines seen The Pogues there bt again can only remember small snippets of it!!! Also went to another one called Elephant Fayre in Cornwall like glastonbury bt smaller..... The Cult when they were called Southern Death Cult were brill early 80's, PIL not that good bt we all had a brill night.... Madness, Fun Boy Three, Bad Manners, Anti Knowhere League, UK Subs - did a CND march early 80's ended at Hyde Park was brill bt again cant really remember for sure who played - was a skinhead in them days lol I blame the lack of memory on pints of snakebite and black!! We used to have wicked days going to gigs, bikers, punks and skins all having a darn good night together - Supergrass were amazing and so was teh Coral....last live gig i went to was motorhead

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/12/2012 16:15  

my sons first live gig at 12 goose bumps so proud of him he's 22 now wow

Update Reply
kaw600 @ 09/12/2012 16:10  

STATUS QUO
GLASGOW APOLLO 1984 END OF THE ROAD TOUR
Last time they ever played there

FANTASTIC

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/12/2012 22:08  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email