MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

SE Run to KISS

SE Run to KISS - Forums [Biker Match] SE Run to KISS - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

SE Run to KISS

Dave VM, Bill 306 and myself are planning a ride up to the Kiss rally aiming to get there by 2pm. Dave & Bill 306 will be leaving Bexhill on Sea around 8 to 8-30am using Pease Pottage services as a meeting point, from there stopping just outside Oxford in Headington where there's a tea van and toilets. I'm planning to leave Central London between 9-30 to 10am heading for the Oxford meeting point. We are planning to use motorways to Oxford if there are no learners on the ride, So if any learners want to join the run let us know before hand so non-motorway routes can be planned. We plan to leave Oxford at 12 noon for the final part of the ride to Stoke Prior using A roads. Please PM Dave or me if you're interested in joinning the run and at what point. Ragnar

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 09/08/2012 13:15  

hmm if we back from dorset in time we happy to join in....

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 09/08/2012 13:30  

Have had a couple of members say they would like to do this, and join up with us along the route. Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 09/08/2012 15:30  

Dave which way are you going from bexhill ,i could come and join and ride with you. Colin

Update Reply
colin675 @ 09/08/2012 18:14  

Colin, Planning on going to Brighton A259/A27 then up the A/M23 where Pease Pottage services are for the first stop as per Ragnars post. Going to use that as a meet point if there are any other members coming from that way. Dave

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 09/08/2012 19:52  

this is all well and good, but what day are you leaving? blimey, if i'm going to torture myself for a weekend living in a tescos carrier bag at least let me know what day the pain starts. getting there by two is good though, i should have the tent out of the bag by about 9;00 and will use it as a giant sleeping bag till i find the poles. need to check my shifts coz i may still have a cop out on this, will let y'all know.

Update Reply
xj @ 09/08/2012 23:20  

xj. Good point that matey, slight administrative error there . We are travelling up on Friday 31st August. At least you've got a plastic carrier bag now instead of the paper bag you had before, you won't get wet when it rains .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 10/08/2012 00:07  

Need to change me shift, book friday off and hopefully get ticket tonight. Boy will i be pissed off if it rains, bloody camping

Update Reply
xj @ 10/08/2012 10:12  

Dave i will come to hastings and ride up with you both arrange time and where closer to time. Colin

Update Reply
colin675 @ 10/08/2012 13:07  

Hi! I may join you at Oxford - may come total side roads instead - will confirm nearer the time. Helen x

Update Reply
LovingLife @ 10/08/2012 14:57  

Hi! I may join you at Oxford - may come total side roads instead - will confirm nearer the time. Helen x

Update Reply
LovingLife @ 10/08/2012 14:57  

Been and gone and done it now. Sorted time off, bought me ticket and had better get a sleepingbag i s'pose. Coming up from maidstone so will sort with ragnar bout meeting up to go up to oxford. Oh, where the hell is the rally?

Update Reply
xj @ 10/08/2012 17:27  

You now you're going to love camping XJ. When I know who's going up from London and where they are coming from I'll work out a good meeting place, At the moment I'm thinking of a spot by the Marylebone flyover in Paddington, if you can bear it. (I know it was bad but i couldn't help myself)

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 10/08/2012 18:56  

i'm not bloody camping it will be an 'out of house experience'. if i don't like it i can set fire to the damn thing then not worry about carrying it home.

Update Reply
xj @ 11/08/2012 01:19  

I don't think any fires are allowed on site. so you'll have to take it home.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 11/08/2012 08:34  

maybee you should get a sidecar and convert it to a mini caravan Xj?

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 11/08/2012 11:37  

Would that count as an upgrade to a cardboard box?

Update Reply
xj @ 12/08/2012 07:32  

xj if it rains you could always take the tent back to Tesco's and buy a dinghy

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/08/2012 19:12  

That's why he couldn't put the tent up, he didn't have a footpump.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 12/08/2012 19:23  

See you all there :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/08/2012 20:04  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email