MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

SE Run to KISS

SE Run to KISS (2) - Forums [Biker Match] SE Run to KISS (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

SE Run to KISS

do you need a footpump to put a tent up? funny lot these campers, i am thinking maybe they turned an evolutionary corner the rest of mankind ignored. but given the choice of a weekend camping or a visit to the dentist i think the camping would win.

Update Reply
xj @ 12/08/2012 22:58  

Seems to me xj that if the camping was for a longer period than just the weekend, the decision may come down in favour of the Dentist .

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 12/08/2012 23:48  

Bad news guys, unfortunately i will only be able to camp friday night, family commitments (which everyone forgot to tell me) means i need to be in portsmouth on the sunday. so will only be camping friday night and coming home saturday night. if i take the motorways back for quickness i can stay till late saturday night so as not to miss out on too much.
still not all bad news, only one day living like a troglodyte and i am back in reality. having gone thru the pysching myself up for the excrutiating experience i don't want to give up on it completely, besides i've already bought me bloody tent.

Update Reply
xj @ 13/08/2012 09:23  

Why not go to portsmouth from Kiss sunday morning ?

Update Reply
JP @ 13/08/2012 09:31  

That would mean another night in a tent for xj

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/08/2012 20:51  

Another night in a tent, he'll be a gibbering heap !!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 13/08/2012 21:39  

What do you mean, He'll be a gibbering heap. Is this the same XJ we're talking about?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 13/08/2012 22:12  

oi you lot, do you realise how much emotional stress i am under at the moment, knowing that in 17 days i will be sleeping in something that is effectively a very large persons t shirt. i am having nightmares about waking up with a cow staring me in the face, i am getting tremors, cold sweats, panic attacks and all you do is take the pee, talking of which if i wake up in the middle of the night for one where do i go without urinating on somebody else and how the fek do i find my own tent again. and all this without tripping over some other paper bag and breaking me bleeding neck.
i think i am being extremely brave by even posting on a ca... cam.... camping thread.

Update Reply
xj @ 14/08/2012 00:25  

Don't worry to much xj u always find urge own tent even when everything around u is dark it's the homing instinct of the lesser spotted camp(er) biker and anyway if you get the wrong one it might be the best thing that happens to you all weekend lol

Update Reply
SPRINT56 @ 14/08/2012 06:34  

XJ Dont worry we will make sure your safe and you find your tent. As for waking up with a cow staring you in the face we cant be held responsible for your choice in bed partners.

Update Reply
JP @ 14/08/2012 08:55  

then there the possiblity of rain....so a plastic bag is preferable to a paper one..

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 14/08/2012 11:45  

Jeez xj put your tent up on the rough stone area near the toilet, there's a standpipe nearby, if you leave the water running you won't sleep much therefor lessening the chances of waking up with a cow! Have you never done this "outdoor pursuit" malarkey before?

Update Reply
old red @ 14/08/2012 12:32  

Just found this thread. It is unlikely that I will have the final drive fixed on the beemer before KISS. I have a choice of the little 250 Yami or the van. May bring it in the van so I can at least get a ride out. XJ I can bring a variety of tents that you can practice putting up. I said "puting up", not pissing up. See all you guys there on the Friday

Update Reply
davidneale @ 14/08/2012 17:51  

I'm looking at only doing legal speeds if using the motorway to Oxford, Dave, so the yam should be ok.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 14/08/2012 18:29  

wow legal speeds glad im going from north pmsl whoops did i say that out loud lol only joking guys will be fab to meet you when you get there xxxx

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/08/2012 18:39  

Chris, Just to clarify the meeting point at Oxford, it is on the A40, presumably the Oxford ring road and NOT the Oxford Services on the M40. Is this correct ??, I'm not familiar with that area.

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 14/08/2012 18:48  

Whilst i thank you all for your words of encouragement and offers of a fabric overload to practise on i did see one word that sent a chill to my very soul. RAIN........ Wtf, where did that come from. So in the best boy scout tradition i decided to be prepared, and would you believe it, there is a premier inn one mile from the site. I can walk a mile even when pissed so maybe this won't be such an epic after all. A HOTEL soooooo close by. Yipeeeee. Life is good.

And zzrbabe i only ever do legal speeds,

Update Reply
xj @ 14/08/2012 19:01  

hmmmmmm me to hun my ickle bike dont go very fast pmsl x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/08/2012 19:05  

If you come off the M40 at junction 8 onto the A40 after about 3 miles there's a lay by with a burger van and bogs before the ring road. there's a sign post on the A40. Any idiot can ride fast zzr

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 14/08/2012 19:39  

yes ragnar any idiot can ride fast but after 34yrs of riding i also ride very well and im not an idiot i happen to be a biker with only one accident in 34yrs and that was the twat that pulled out on me.or do you have no sense of humour??????

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 14/08/2012 20:06  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email