MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today????

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today???? (177) - Forums [Biker Match] What Have You Done On Your Bike Today???? (177) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today????

Lindsay,it's what gets used to bungee rucksacks onto the back of commuter bikes,for them that cannae afford a rack..lol😆🏍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/06/2019 06:21  

Friday,and on the way home,Verity's clutch cable decided to commit suicide...now i know a Triumph 600 Speedfour one fits...new spare one i had in the garage...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/06/2019 06:24  

Well, as much as I enjoy a decent rack pressed into my back, I got fed up with the wrist ache. Umm, from holding them up as well, not from self-abuse ;-)

pmsl

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Grab rail? What's one of those?!
Not used one on years and years...

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 29/06/2019 16:21  

Saturday and Sunday,lots of VERY sunny A road miles up to wildest Nottinghamshire and back,breathing life into a sleeping trike,getting mobbed by puppies,being sat on by lots of big dogs.. lol ..300 + miles on Mighty Marilyn,she didn't miss a beat...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 30/06/2019 22:58  

Monday,and back to the usual commute on Verity(albeit with a Triumph 600 clutch cable hanging in the breeze) and near-missing the usual blind car drivers that blight our roads at going-home time..PUT THAT F***ING PHONE DOWN, YOU DOZY PRAT !!!!(Note to self,make helmet cam asap purchase)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 01/07/2019 19:42  

Got home last night from work only to find I had forgotten to hand the truck keys in, I didn't fancy getting the car out again so I did a swift clothing change and got the tiger out. First ride out on the bike was an eye opener! Triumph's have certainly changed since I owned a little Tiger 90. Usual crap drivers trying to piss each other off, the lead one by deliberately driving 5 mph below the posted limit on a wide section where 10mph above the limit is perfectly safe to achieve and the second car unable to get by because of the slight curves and hedge rows. knock it down to 4th gear, give it a fistful of throttle and escape velocity is like, F*CK OFF!!!!', not quite a Harrier jump jet speed, which is, 'REALLY F*CK OFF!!!!!!!', but for a first ride as the night sky was getting darker by the second, it was most exhilarating. The most fun for not a lot of dosh and a satisfying smug grin on my fizzog accompanied by adolescent giggling as I put the bike back in the garage was the result. All hail the hooligan.

Update Reply
Double six @ 02/07/2019 08:16  

Went to Greggs and Natwest.........

But in a couple of hours I'll be at the Churchill Arms Bike Meet tonight, Poole Quay Bike Night is on too, and the Dorset Nomads have their weekly meet at the Night Jar just up the road.

Loads of meets taking place during the week down here, all I had when I lived in London was the Ace Cafe and Box Hill. If anyone is ever in Dorset, gimme a shout and I'll show you some good bike places ;-)

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 02/07/2019 15:45  

Great fun innit :D

That's why I love big sportsbikes, smiles per pound is off the scale.

----------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Got home last night from work only to find I had forgotten to hand the truck keys in, I didn't fancy getting the car out again so I did a swift clothing change and got the tiger out. First ride out on the bike was an eye opener! Triumph's have certainly changed since I owned a little Tiger 90. Usual crap drivers trying to piss each other off, the lead one by deliberately driving 5 mph below the posted limit on a wide section where 10mph above the limit is perfectly safe to achieve and the second car unable to get by because of the slight curves and hedge rows. knock it down to 4th gear, give it a fistful of throttle and escape velocity is like, F*CK OFF!!!!', not quite a Harrier jump jet speed, which is, 'REALLY F*CK OFF!!!!!!!', but for a first ride as the night sky was getting darker by the second, it was most exhilarating. The most fun for not a lot of dosh and a satisfying smug grin on my fizzog accompanied by adolescent giggling as I put the bike back in the garage was the result. All hail the hooligan.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 02/07/2019 15:49  

Fitted Verity's new clutch cable,put the Triumph 600 one back in the garage...Wemoto seem to be fair or below average prices and post quickly to anywhere,big stock of decent quality pattern parts...their price £12 inc.pnp..genuine Honda price £17.71 +pnp

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/07/2019 18:25  

Rode up to work at Tetbury,accompanied for a while by some boy racer in a bright yellow Porsche...until we came upon traffic...game over for poser boy,lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/07/2019 10:01  

Took a fellow BMer for a taster session at one of our local riding schools.
She's not been on the front of a bike for 3o years, had a ball of a time,
Instructor was impressed to so much she's starting direct access come July,
That's another lady biker to the ranks.
Had a little spin round after and coffee.
Good day had by all.

Update Reply
Witcher Man @ 03/07/2019 21:06  

A sunny run over to far side of Tewkesbury for the Wed.s Bikenite at the Village Inn,Twyning Green....LOTS of bikes there,made my legs ache getting that many photos,but ride back down the A38 was splendid...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 03/07/2019 22:59  

Result.
It turns out Prielli have just released an upgraded version of my tyre and doing a promotion of buy a rear and get a front one free and all I pay for the front is £35 fitting.
So two new boots being fitted at the moment.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 06/07/2019 10:27  

Saturday afternoon,finally got around to fitting the Scottoiler to Marilyn,long awaited upgrade,cost less than a chain...tucked away inside fairing to preserve esthetics,pipe routed (almost )invisibly...now washed all the dead bugs off too...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/07/2019 08:50  

Monday,usual back and forth on Verity to Tetbury.....Tuesday,polished some shiny bits on Rudolph the Speed Triple,rather than mow the lawns...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 09/07/2019 12:29  

Wednesday and the Bikenite ( in aid of Air Ambulance,as usual) at Willersey,near Broadway...a good run up The Fosse way,then cut across from Stow to Broadway...good weather,loads of bikes out and about(photos up on My Photos),on the way back,armed police at the A40 rounabout,then Road closed after Northleach crossroads(re-surfacing),so turned right toward Andoversford for a few miles,then onto a back lane that meanders along through Withington,then drops down into Cirencester,then via Stroud to home,86 miles total,on deserted country lanes...nearly dropped Marilyn in my front garden,just a small graze on her fairing....need to widen my paths,methinks...lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/07/2019 12:12  

Friday,a sunny trundle over to Lower Lode Inn on Marilyn the 900 Trophy for the Barflys Rally,Sunday repeat in reverse direction,the bit in between a bit blurry here and there,lol

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/07/2019 19:43  

Usual back and forth during the week to Tetbury and back,Saturday was check around for Verity's next MOT ..ordered some new fork gaiters,as old ones split..oil and filter change to do,brakes checked,steering head bearings adjusted,chain adjusted ready for arrival of Ebay cheapy Scottoiler..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 20/07/2019 19:41  

Wednesday...usual chug on Verity to Tetbury and back...then out to Weds.Bikenite,at the Golden Ball Inn,Lower Swell...hundreds there,everybody looking for a cool drink and a patch of shade..pictures on My Photos later on Thursday..the ride back was sublime,a near deserted Fosse Way,and little traffic elsewhere to slow progress for Rudolph the Speed Triple..""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/07/2019 06:44  

Called in for fuel at Dudbridge Filling Station ,Stroud,on the way to work,filled up Verity and went in to pay...was asked to remove my helmet,so i asked why?
"It's company policy"...
I replied i had been coming here for many years and never been asked before,so would not be coming back again,your loss...
ESSO recently took over this site from Total...might try going back to put some fuel in my car,but wearing a burkah,lol...
I do a lot of miles on a variety of bikes,but not been asked to take lid off in 30 years at least...
Think i feel an email to ESSO coming on....:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/07/2019 10:28  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email