MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today????

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today???? (175) - Forums [Biker Match] What Have You Done On Your Bike Today???? (175) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What Have You Done On Your Bike Today????

After a week of commuting on Jeeves (I love my commute by the way) it was time for a change.
So I took Big10 out to have a new rear boot fitted this morning, the remaining tread having been lost playin' with the GS folks at Dent last weekend.
And this afternoon we've been out Helmsley way on Scootie. Scootie is wonderful. All praise Scootie :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2019 19:35  

Collected my latest addition from Gloucester and pootled around the hills for a while..quite glad she fitted through the gates into my garden..welcome home,Marilyn the 900 Trophy..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/05/2019 12:05  

Saturday...started scattering stainless steel nuts and bolts around Marilyn,started checking for faults and things to fix,found her some panniers via Ebay,took the stupid 'running in' sticker off the tank,daubed some Jenolite on some wee spots of rust(well she is 20 years old!)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/05/2019 06:34  

Woohoo! Fettling Marilyn eh? Is this new love built to last?😉

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/05/2019 07:25  

She's already 20 years old,and will almost certainly outlast me...a heart of iron,lol😆🏍👍

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 26/05/2019 08:42  

A nice little ride in to Kent via the Oakdene Cafe to watch some good grass track racing with some other BM'ers

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/05/2019 20:51  

Spent Sunday checking around Marilyn,managed to get chain looking rather more black and oily and checked for seized links,due to be replaced anyway..:)
Brakes were next,and just as well,2 out of 8 caliper pistons moving freely on front,back ones nearly stuck completely...how she passed an MOT is a mystery...i know they felt a bit wooden when i first rode her,but thought that was old pads..lol
At least she'll stop nearly as well as my Speed Triple now..:)
A trip down to the Lower Lode Inn should be a reasonable test...""OO""

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/05/2019 08:18  

Today nothing, as I have to run son back to train station.
But had a lovely ride out for breakfast yesterday with another 15 bikes or so, and met NicksCafe at the venue too!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/05/2019 08:24  

A first visit for Marilyn to the Lower Lode Inn,but definitely won't be the last,i suspect...a lovely sedate pootle in the sunshine..25 miles there,25 back...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 27/05/2019 16:31  

Ummm........more than three miles a minute with a group of mates earlier today. Allegedly, officer.

Witnessed some brave sole on his Harley try and race a 500hp Hayabusa Turbo. It was like kicking a puppy. The f*cking thing will wheelie in 6th gear at 200+ mph. The Hayabusa, not the puppy.

Update Reply
Cornholio @ 27/05/2019 19:26  

Usual pootle to work and back on Verity,bit soggy on homeward leg...(no puppies were harmed in making this journey) :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 29/05/2019 22:22  

Wednesday..quick trot up the Fosse Way to Weds. Bikenite held in the main carpark in Moreton in Marsh high street..numbers depleted due to below average weather...:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2019 07:27  

Thursday,usual commute to Tetbury and back,lovely sunshine,got home and started stripping British Racing Green paint off Trophy panniers,they'll end up Platinum,same as Marilyn...😆

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2019 07:29  

One pannier ready for painting...shame it's raining here...:(>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/06/2019 13:15  

Traced source of slight fuel leak on Marilyn to weeping gasket on fuel sender unit under tank,but part is obsolete...will have to come from abroad,methinks...booked Rudolph the Speed Triple in for MOT...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/06/2019 14:57  

A lovely trundle out to the King's Head,Huntley for Weds. Bikenite...40 mile round trip on Verity the donkey bike,hundreds of bikes out and about,new pictures posted on my photos..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/06/2019 22:19  

I've been nowhere, other than giving bike a deep clean , then sevice the chain and brakes , ready for this weekend but it looks like it's gonna be another washout again , oh well,theres aways the pub 🤗

Update Reply
Jimmy r1 @ 06/06/2019 16:33  

went out started bike for first time in 2 weeks [ it been stood outside front door while they took me to hospital then let me out under protest theirs not mine lol ] As nice day thought little pootle round town wont hurt me or bike . Hour later I am eating ice cream in Glasson Dock[3 digits over Pilling Sands but whos looking ] then home via Lancaster the A6 and back through Churhtown and St Michaels 72 miles round trip Now for a nap, bit much for first run out of Hosp lol

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 06/06/2019 18:06  

MOT day for Rudolph the Speed Triple,no problems,no advisories,and done by my local garage,5 minutes walk from my house....could swear someone's cleaned off my dead bug collection on the nosecone too,lol
Found an obsolete gasket for Marilyn's tank problem in USA,daughter's boyfriend lives in Mississippi,so not too long to wait,trying to seal for now with some( allegedly) fuel resistant epoxy mixture,morning will be interesting....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 06/06/2019 22:24  

Keeping my fingers crossed,now that the gunge has set on Marilyn's tank...:/

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/06/2019 08:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email