MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area - Forums [Biker Match] Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area

When I joined the Events Team one of the things I said I would orgamanise was Learner Day Ride Outs.. Well seeeeeeeeeeeing how I'm not experienced enough to push a shopping trolley at the minute let alone Lead a Ride~Out.. I need some volunteers.. I have two already.. but figure six would be a better number... ~ Any other hints and tips so I can organise something for August time would be lushly received..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 16:01  

If I'm not one of the two, You can count on me. How about a bimble along Hadrian's Wall? (U-turns a bit tricky, tho)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2012 16:20  

Was thinking Northumberland Coastal Route.. the roads are both beautiful and I can only imagine.. challenging and experience rendering at the same time but safer than safe... Hadrians Wall.. two of the roads that lead to it are renowned for accidents... I don't want to hurt anyone!!! So will keep the first Ride Out Simples..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 16:29  

Yes, the NCR is lovely. But it is north of Newcastle and so might be a tad too far for learners coming from further south. Maybe a bimble to the south-west of Newcastle...Weardale, p'haps?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/06/2012 16:45  

XK.. with respect... lemme get a map Lol then we can discuss where froms and where too's.. I have one in mind.. it's a Biker Map.. shows you all the routes for Bikers and grades them on difficulty and danger... And given the Size of the North East.. I'm actually a tad suprised.. I'm not going to be able to accommodate everyone it encompasses or keep them happy all at the same time... I really need more Volunteers first Perhaps I should find out where the Learner Riders want to ride too.. where they want to go but rather have a bit of support before they attempt it.. now there's a thought!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 16:57  

Okay.. we now have two and a half.. ish.. kinda lol... Experienced Riders from Newcastle Bedale Chester Le Street (when not working away.. which makes it a half) Come on.. you know you wanna!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 17:48  

Well I wanna........buttttt i'm 200 miles away

Update Reply
lionfish @ 01/06/2012 17:54  

Oh Bottom!! Lionfish.. that's no excuse laddy... Move!!!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 17:58  

Just at thought RC....A really important factor is where the Learners are coming from. There's been rides out aimed at learners that some were unable to take part in cos it's just too far to get to the start point. Once you've got some interest from your bunch of learners, experience shows that experienced riders are prepared to come from quite a distance....200 miles to get to a start point is incredibly enticing for some riders....Beyond comprehension for the likes of you and me chic!

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/06/2012 18:58  

Beyond comprehension for the likes of you and me chic! Yeah.. like totally Minnie!! I'm actually not sure how to find who our BM Learner Riders are.. that was going to be my next task after finding the Experienced Ones... I do totally get your point.. which is why when I can find them.. we shall ask them... I love all the advice I'm getting on this and another one... I desperately want to come down and ride out with you on one of your wee whatdayamacallits.. but wouldn't know if I had the wherewithal to get there.. thoughts of the A19/A1 scare me witless right now But you Lady.. you rode all the way to Scotland!! Wickedly Lush!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 19:33  

yes, but my route to Arran did not involve the A66 or A1 or any of really challenging roads....there are plenty that I know I'm not ready to tackle yet, and definitely not on a 125 How about contacting exup35. He organised areally successful learner weekend last year....maybe he can make some suggestion

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 01/06/2012 19:45  

Bless you lovely!! And I actually came back here to apologise... I was stirring the tea and it dawned on me what you said.. "Experienced Riders will travel 200 miles".... Sooooooooooo.. they dont have to be from the North East!! Duh!! Sorry lovely.. blonde moment but thank you for pointing me in the direction of Exup...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 01/06/2012 20:10  

Put my name in the hat Anne Em

Update Reply
Emzed @ 01/06/2012 20:14  

Likewise Anne, did 3 years as an instructor so well used to helping out learner riders, though I'm much more familiar with the roads south of Newcastle rather than north of it

Update Reply
centurion @ 01/06/2012 23:04  

I would love to help you out on this one RC. Also I would like to ride those roads in the NE. Unfortunately it is not so easy to do it on my 1958 Beemer. It would be a round trip of 576 miles plus the ride out. On a classic bike that is like doing a 1000 miles. However next year I will have something more suitable, as in modern and more powerful. Then I could help out and combine it with a few days holiday in the NE.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 02/06/2012 07:57  

The Weardale in is home to the Mad Axeman Rally for the last couple of years, good meet up point and not far from decent roads, Hartside cafe, Hawes, Sedbergh, Devils, Durham etc...

Perhaps give them a bell and ask for a deal like Squires, ie: we eat and drink at your place/we camp for free?...

I cant do anything untill Monday but would be happy to oblige in helping out with owt'.

Update Reply
Laffo @ 02/06/2012 13:35  

i would be happy to help out as well i have been riding a few years now so happy to travel and ride behind learners keep those bloody cars away wont get passed me l;ol ;)

hehehehe

Update Reply
earthwind @ 02/06/2012 16:06  

I'll happily help you out. I'm in bishop Auckland, Durham

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 02/06/2012 20:06  

Hi Im a volunteer instructor but I live in leicester, but if i can arrange time of work i could book into a B and B give me a chance to look around up there.

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 02/06/2012 21:52  

OK Anne, Ya got your experienced riders pool, now you've just got to find out who and where the leaner/inexperienced riders are on here! As Minnie pointed out, before you can plan a rout you have to find out where your inexperienced riders are comfortuble getting to in the first place for a meet -up, then you can take it from there

Update Reply
centurion @ 04/06/2012 18:24  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email