MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wanted ~ Experienced Riders for Help In North East Area

Ok just spotted this, so 1st things 1st
Sorry missed the build up!

If folk would like help (volunteers) my poor old friends will turn
In their graves "never volunteer for anything"

I've kinda been riding the roads of the north east for the last
35 years and couple of hundred thousand miles, so if you'd like
Advice on suitable novice friendly routes and/or company
Or shepherding novices to start/ Finnish points I'll help

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 05/06/2012 00:28  

Wow.. Another Wow... I disappear off for less than a week and come back to much much much lushness.. Thank you lovelies!! ~ Got way way way more than the six which is just beyond perfect... You all kinda rock.. you know that?? Right.. like Minnie and Centurian say.. gotta find my Learner Pool next... Will start on that Sunday... I'm having the day off!! Whoooohoooooo!!! Seriously.. to everyone who has posted in here.. Thank You and I will digest it all properly when I can play out longer than for half an hour... Will be back on Sunday with coffee and dodgey bread..

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 08/06/2012 20:15  

Ill throw my hat in as a volunteer too. Did some instructing years back and love group riding.

G

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 10/06/2012 15:42  

Eleven Volunteers!! Whoooooooooo Hooooooo!!! DaveN ~ Swindon XKLYBR ~ His own little world Emzed ~ Malton/Scarbrough Centurion ~ Darlington DavidNeale ~ London Laffo ~ Bumblethwaite Eathwind ~ Liverpool TigerTim ~ Bishop Auckland Sweeny Todd ~ Leicester Old Yeti ~ Darlington GreyGra ~ Consett in Durham Those travelling longer distances.. are more than welcome to stay at mine if you don't mind sleeping in a "packing box" warzone and fighting for one of only three knives in the house... Oh and waking up with white cat fur tickling your chin... But my cooking more than make up for it... Ask DaveN Laffo... getting in touch with them this afternoon... Thank you for that lovely!!

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 10/06/2012 16:16  

Free Camping.. Whooooo Hooooo!! Laffo.. You're a Star lovely! Just spoke to Isabel the Manageress at the Weardale Inn.. she is more than happy to offer free camping if we eat and drink there... However.. there are no meals available till twelve unless we come in droves... But it's something to be getting on with and it's a foot in the door like... Have said that will pop over in the next couple of weeks to take a wee looksee... I will gladly eat a pudding or two for the cause

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 10/06/2012 17:12  

Diet Anne, remember the diet...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/06/2012 16:24  

Hi rockchickeelicious,
If I'm about when you do it, I'll help, I passed my IAM test 12 years ago and like to think I'm an experianced rider. Good teacher as well, so I have been told.

I'm away surfing in Cornwall at the begining of Aug though, and going away with work near the end (I think, waiting on customers)

BUT I WILL TRY IF I CAN............ that me being assertive ;)

Trip.

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 12/06/2012 12:36  

TWELVE Volunteers!! Whoooooooooo Hooooooo!!! DaveN ~ Swindon/Newcastle XKLYBR ~ His own little world Emzed ~ Malton/Scarbrough Centurion ~ Darlington DavidNeale ~ London Laffo ~ Bumblethwaite Eathwind ~ Liverpool TigerTim ~ Bishop Auckland Sweeny Todd ~ Leicester Old Yeti ~ Darlington GreyGra ~ Consett in Durham TripleSurf ~ Scarborough I spent three hours searching profiles the other night.. three hours and I only found eight women.. I started on the men and it came up with pages and pages and I couldve wept I was so tired... Soooooo am getting a little help with this and hopefully we will have our Learner Pool sorted really soon... As for the Weardale Inn.. thought it might be nice if there were a few people who could turn up with me and check it out... Not cos Im shy lol or I need someone to slap my hand away from the desserts menu.. I just think it would look good if a few turned up... What do you's think...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 13/06/2012 07:56  

I'd be up for that, dunno where it is other than near Bishop Auckland but that's not far from me

Update Reply
centurion @ 13/06/2012 08:10  

Yay!! Lush Stuff!! Don't worry Centurion.. I have a SatNav now.. We'll find it and no Lady Gaga on your bike Will look at some dates but could possibly be after the MAG Protest Ride... ~ Have to get to work now.. but will come back to this...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 13/06/2012 08:15  

The Weardale Inn is about 20 miles west of Bishop Auckland, on the A689, at Ireshopeburn

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/06/2012 09:49  

Bishop Auckland isn't far from me, when you going?

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 13/06/2012 12:08  

The BM Calender seems quiet Weekend of the 30th June... Soooooooooo.. how's about arranging to meet there on Saturday 30th.. have a cuppa.. check it out and have a rideout somewhere afterwards... Could make something really rather lush out of this scouting mission.. bit of fun for a few folk on a bit of a dead weekend...

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 13/06/2012 20:54  

Sounds good to me, count me in

Update Reply
TigerTim @ 13/06/2012 20:59  

Lush Stuff!! I LOVE how BM keeps your mind occupied!! Soooo.. they don't open till twelve... Can we get a decent ride out if we meet for then.. leave at 12.30/1pm??

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 13/06/2012 21:04  

Should be OK, just gotta try to remember, memory is rubbish at best of times.
AA says 2.5hrs from S'boro to the pub for me, will have to PM me mobly to those that are going coz I'll either get lost or me bike will run out of electricity. I gaurentee other than the fact I cannot spell gaurentee that one of those two things will happen................ All good fun though.

Trip

Update Reply
Triplesurf @ 13/06/2012 21:52  

You can spell it.. kinda... you're just spelling like Lloyd Grossman talks So.. plans so far... Saturday 30th June Weardale Inn 12.00pm Folk coming.. RockChickee DaveN TigerTim Centurion Triplesurf Now.. I just have to sort out Minx... that could see me posting on the random rant thread again.. but... Tis and Will Be.. All Good Fun Unless.. unless... XK says he's coming then she can pilly with him

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 14/06/2012 07:59  

Now I can't have u posting on the random rant thread now, can I?! Saturday 30th June Weardale Inn 12.00pm Folk coming.. RockChickee DaveN TigerTim Centurion Triplesurf XK n Minx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/06/2012 09:30  

Well done XK, killed two birds with one stone, well not literally One happy Rockchicky and one happy Minx

Update Reply
davidneale @ 14/06/2012 09:48  

Ahhhhhh bliddyhellman.. now my eyes are wet dammit.. Thank you XK

Update Reply
rockchickeelicious @ 14/06/2012 14:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email