MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Just not fast enough!!!!

Just not fast enough!!!! - Forums [Biker Match] Just not fast enough!!!! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Just not fast enough!!!!

Oh well, the champagne bottle doesn't get opened today

Took my mod one this morning. Managed to get round the cones and U-turn (one minor fault),which I've been struggling with but I just wasn't fast enough through the speed counter for the emergency stop. 42kph the first time round and 47kph the second but needed to be up to 50kph
Grrrrr

Still, I do feel quite chuffed and pleased with myself for getting this far. Hopefully next time I'll get it and then on to Mod 2

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 17/05/2012 10:57  

persistance,dearheart ,persistance,you'll grt there and fly through i'm sure.....practice makes perfect,onnist!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 17/05/2012 12:26  

You will do ok next time don't worry. Just practice a bit in a carpark and monitor your speed. Im doing mine soon so getting in my practice now.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2012 12:41  

Aww, I feel for you HRC, I failed my test 4 times, I never did the modules tho, they didn't exist when I did my tests. It's so frustrating, I gave up but mainly for financial reasons. As the others have said you'll get there, I'm sure. Good Luck Keep smiling

Update Reply
Sandi @ 17/05/2012 13:08  

Sooooooooo close!! Next time HRC

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 17/05/2012 13:55  

Ang don't worry, it happened to me also. My cure was enter the bend in 2nd gear about 20 -22 mph, as you are about to exit the bend still in 2nd gear, give it full throttle and you will hit your speed without the danger of going too fast. Only check your speed as you enter the bend and keep your eye ahead on your exit point. There is no real time for a second look at the speedo as it may distract you. To check what speed your bike will do in 2nd, gun it on a quiet or private road somewhere and see what speed you reach. Apply straight away for your next Mod 1, while it is still fresh. Next time you will be ok, we are all behind you

Update Reply
davidneale @ 17/05/2012 14:16  

back in the day when I took my test at 17 all you had to do was ride round 2 blocks in a town center do an emergency stop and answer some questions on the highway code

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/05/2012 14:23  

Well done Ang Lady i have faith :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 17/05/2012 15:06  

You'll do it Ang, you'll do it...without a doubt...do I have to start text pestering you again!!??

Update Reply
old red @ 17/05/2012 16:13  

Hi HRC so close on that one such a shame, on the 125cc training bikes we use we advise trainees to keep in 2nd gear then as the last bend opens up just keep your head up focus on where you need to go and then go for it. There is time for a quick glance at the speedo on the final approach, just keep the revs on for the camera's. hope all goes well for next time. Rich

Update Reply
Sweeny Todd @ 17/05/2012 19:28  

Soooooo damn close Ang.....This means you did do all that other stuff right, including doing an emergency stop using the technique they are looking for.....Do as David says, hammer it coming out of the bend next time and it will be yours xxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 17/05/2012 19:37  

Good luck for next time

Update Reply
MG Bandit @ 17/05/2012 20:27  

Really sorry you didn't pass Hippyrockchick,
I don't want to make you feel any worse than you do but i have to tell you something that i found out on the day i did my Mod 1 test..........you would have passed if you had done 48kph and not 47, they are allowed to pass you if you make 2kph under the 50kph rule, i know this because believe it or not i made 48kph on both the emergency stop and the swerve test, yeah lucky i know, the examiner couldn't believe it and showed me the speed gun to prove it.

Better luck next time, just gun it out of the corner to make sure you have plenty of speed

Update Reply
Gibson @ 17/05/2012 22:52  

hey you will get there.when i did my test there was no modules.it is frustrating butim su re that with determination it will come right in the end.just focus on the end result.good luck and whatevever you do dont give up.we are all behind you

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 17/05/2012 23:34  

Awwww thats a bugga Ang! Almost the same thing happened to me, I failed on 46kph I did the DAS on a 500cc bike, rode it all over for 3 days and like you, had to ride about 15 miles to the test centre.. through rush hour traffic and passed a big RTA, and then had to ride it back to the school!........but because I couldn't go through a stupid speed trap 4kph faster than I did, I failed. Kissed goodbye to £650 just like that!! and now cant afford to do it again Grrrrrrrrr Oh.. and I had a bloody nail in the back tyre which the instructor sheared off and covered in leaf mould/mud just before the test! ...sorry rant over.. keep your chin up, you will do it next time xxxx

Update Reply
Karey @ 17/05/2012 23:35  

GrizzlySteve said: back in the day when I took my test at 17 all you had to do was ride round 2 blocks in a town center do an emergency stop and answer some questions on the highway code I wish I had a quid for every time someone said that to me when I told them I was taking my test. I could afford to bribe the examiner lol. The irony is if I'd taken my test at 17 I'd probably have passed, a blindfolded chimp would have passed the ridiculously easy test in those days. *sigh* Also in those days we could ride around forever on L plates without it costing us a fortune and without having to re-do the CBT and Theory tests every 2 years (if you fail or your certificates expire) so we didn't bother taking a practical test.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 01:32  

Aww
thanks for all the lovely comments and encouragement.
I've been away all weekend so only just caught up

Got a week off soon so hoping to be able to book in again for then

Update Reply
HippyRockChick @ 22/05/2012 21:35  

i agree tottaly with daves and gibsons and sweenys advise. i will add , once you have just entered the speed trap roll back the throttle so your not accelorating anymore ( but not decelorating either).. once you are pointing towards the 4 blue cones then fully turn throttle off and start braking as you were taught . another major tip is to get your line right , if you ride diagonally across the the area between the red and yellow cones you dont actually have to swerve both ways . you only need to swerve back one way towards the 4 blue cones .. trust me that way you have the confidence to apply more speed .

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 22/05/2012 22:02  

Buzz - I thought they'd split the swerve & the emergency break into 2 seperate tasks now?

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 23/05/2012 09:16  

hi holm .. the swerve and the emergency stop have allwaYS BEEN 2 SEPERATE MANOUVRES opps caps lock .. what they changed about 3 or 4 months ago was .. you now have a dummy run 1st to get used to the loop and getting up to speed . then you do the emergency stop then you do the more difficult swerve.. they got rid of the slow ride manouvre between the green cones to keep the test the same time scale. its a way of building up to the swerve .. i have done the swerve at 81 kph on a gpz 500s .. i closed my eyes while doing it but its possible lol

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 23/05/2012 19:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email