MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

'scoot aboot' the Scottish Highlands 20th - 29th July 2012

'scoot aboot' the Scottish Highlands 20th - 29th July 2012 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] 'scoot aboot' the Scottish Highlands 20th - 29th July 2012 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

'scoot aboot' the Scottish Highlands 20th - 29th July 2012

gonna book my ferry now then!!!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/05/2012 16:21  

Hiya Debs, the dates are a definite huni, so book away. Alright folks I've got the three campsites, phone numbers, post codes etc just need to get prices in the morning and I'll get it all on the events pages. Then it's all systems go for booking pitches etc. Sorry it's taken a wee while to gather all of it together. Spoke to Jim tonight and he is busy get routes sorted out, these will be posted soon. Would folk like to meet up at the beginning of Loch Lomond for the ride up to Fort William? - we can arrange a meeting place for that nearer the time if so. Once everything is on in the morning, if you need any other information just let jim or myself know - all the best Katie xxxx

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 17/05/2012 22:21  

troon for me! but think i can probably find loch lomond lol

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 17/05/2012 22:26  

Hi Peeps I was up in Bonny Scotland yesterday and had a fabulous drive down from Edinburgh to Newcastle along the A68 then A696. I was wondering if there might be a way to fit this in either on the way up or way back , any way just a thought

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 18/05/2012 00:11  

Possibles and maybes, a bit confusing init? lol Once details have been sorted submit it to the calendar and I'll add it for you Katie. Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf Riggy66 GuiltyPleasureBobbyFrankenstein Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 01:59  

Thanks Sandi, I've added it just now huni - there's so much detail I hope it makes sense hehehe. This is the description that is on events to give you a taster. Please add your names to the events list when you know you are definitely going please. I'm getting Giddy already with 2 months to go woohooo! DESCRIPTION ON EVENTS: Taking in the East and the West coast of Highlands, camps at Fort William, Ullapool Ross-Shire and Applecross Wester Ross. Ride outs daily covering places such as:- Mallaig and the White sands of Morar with turquoise water lapping the shore and Loch Morar which is said to be the home of the same type of 'BEASTIE' that lives in Loch Ness. Eilean Donan Castle near Kintail that has been used in numerous Block buster films such as Braveheart. Magestic Glencoe, Island of Skye (by bridge not ferry), John o'Groats, Caithness & Sutherland. Kingussie, Aviemore, Wester Ross - Ullapool, Gairloch, Torridon with magnificent views enroute to Applecross and the famous Scottish Alpine pass of the cattle 'Bealach nam bea' not for the faint hearted or (Road King riders eeeek!!!!). Many other awesome places on the way, to many to mention. The campsites are:- Glen Nevis Holiday Park, Fort William, PH33 6SX. www.glen-nevis.co.uk tel. 01397 702191 This will be our first camp from Friday 20th July, 21st, 22nd,23rd leaving Tuesday 24th. Cost for bike and tent 1 person £13.10 with 2 people £16.30. This is a bit more expensive that the rest as it has so many onsite facilities and nestles at the foot of Ben Nevis. Booking is essential at this time of year. Next camp:- from Tues 24th July, 25th leaving on Thurs 26th July Broomfield Holiday Park on the banks of Loch Broom Ullapool, Ross Shire IV26 2UT www.broomfieldhp.com tel. 01854 612020Bike, Tent and 1 person £8 with 2 persons £13 per night.**NO BOOKING required at this site** Third and final campsite:- Thurs 26th, Fri 27th, Sat 28th, leaving for home Sunday 29th Applecross Campsite Wester Ross www.applecross.uk.com IV54 8ND tel, 01520 744268 Cost is £8 per person per night. The Highland games are held on the Satursday with a dance/Ceilidh at night entry fee £10 On the 29th we will all travel to a central point for our trip home All of the above is open for suggestions or requests to visit places you may want to see - so don't be shy and left us know. ANY queries please let me know and i'll do my 'bestist' to help

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 18/05/2012 11:47  

This event is now on the calendar thanks Kat http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3406 Remember that links/URLs aren't 'clickable' in the calendar so you will have to copy and paste them into your browser.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 18/05/2012 22:59  

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf Riggy66 GuiltyPleasureBobbyFrankenstein Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/05/2012 07:56  

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:-
Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92

Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf
Riggy66
GuiltyPleasure
BobbyFrankenstein
JohnnyG

Maybe
earthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/05/2012 09:42  

add me a defo please x

Update Reply
poshbird @ 20/05/2012 14:54  

Woohooooo more the merrier xxxx Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf Riggy66 GuiltyPleasureBobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 20/05/2012 16:50  

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf Riggy66 GuiltyPleasureBobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
DaftUn @ 20/05/2012 21:06  

Was up that way this weekend, and I took plenty of piccies. I've added a couple to the events calendar just to give you a sneak peek at what to expect....Providing the weather holds out :D

Get your name down, it'll be an amazing trip. The Applecross journey is absolutely stunning...

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 21/05/2012 00:18  

you must have passed me lad! was up around the west coast last weekend and the weekend before!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 21/05/2012 13:34  

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Guilty Pleasure Possibles IanT1966 Sumodwarf Riggy66 BobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
LovingLife @ 21/05/2012 15:17  

Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:-

Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Guilty Pleasure
IanT1966

Possibles Sumodwarf
Riggy66
BobbyFrankenstein
JohnnyG

Maybe
earthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
IanT1966 @ 21/05/2012 16:13  

Sharky thanks for putting those pics on huni, it's such a beautiful area and great to let folk have a wee look. I've asked Sandi to add onto the event that Paneurojim is organising this as well, I thought I had put that on as well - sorry my big matey Jim . Ian1966 & Guilty Pleasure great your both definite giddy kippers, the more the merrier for sure Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Guilty PleasureIanT1966 Possibles Sumodwarf Riggy66 BobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 22/05/2012 15:28  

Extra info' has been added Kate http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3406 Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim (organiser) BOBKAT (organiser) Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Guilty PleasureIanT1966 Possibles Sumodwarf Riggy66 BobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/05/2012 15:53  

Thanks Sandi your a http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=3406 Please add your name below if you are interested in coming along:- Definites paneurojim BOBKAT Shawy42 DaftUn kwakgirl Dustin666 Wenders Sharky92 Poshbird Kwak72 Guilty PleasureIanT1966 Possibles Sumodwarf Riggy66 BobbyFrankenstein JohnnyG Maybeearthwind KWSIDEB Mickey Moo

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 22/05/2012 17:05  

I really wish i could do this one :( but week before Iron Ore and i cant get the time off

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/05/2012 09:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email