MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Watching the Top Gear tv programe

Watching the Top Gear tv programe - Forums [Biker Match] Watching the Top Gear tv programe - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Watching the Top Gear tv programe

Just an idea, to throw around , as what comments about the Top gear tv program discusing & testing motorcars , open comments if one wants too.......

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 28/02/2012 12:52  

The information can be informative ... but being honest ... I watch it for the whole package ... the chemisrty between the three of them ... you cant buy and its soooooo funny.

Update Reply
rockchick123 @ 28/02/2012 13:05  

oh god ......best i make no comment as i loathe Clarkson and the program!!!! its banned from our house...........although in its favour the little one is pretty cute!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/02/2012 14:50  

I just watch it for the fun of it, not for anything particularly informative

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 28/02/2012 15:08  

Absolutely agree 'Kwak girl', 'Top Gear' used to be fun, informative, and a very interesting program...then Clarkson realised he was God..(probably shortly after becoming a multi-millionaire, and Camerons neighbour ) and that the program should have been not 'Top Gear', but, Clarksons Motor World'...and since then, it's all slid inexorably down the 'U' bend to the point where it's now utter and total tripe...and before all you Clarkson is 'great' supporters start bleating, remember this...Clarkson, absolutely hates, and detests motorcycles, thinks anyone who rides on is an idiot, and, wants them banned. Strangely tho' he didn't rant on about that when he had Tom Cruise on the show recently, as you all know, Mr. Cruise is a keen biker...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 15:12  

does Mr Cruise ride a Cruiser then???

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/02/2012 15:15  

you don't actually beleive anything Clarkson says do you? He's a wind up merchant!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 28/02/2012 17:14  

J C said 'all bikers should be garotted', so he's not allowed in my living room.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 28/02/2012 17:15  

I absolutely laugh my butt off to top gear, lurvv it, and would be my dream job, testing fast cars, (and bikes if i was on it) all over world and doin silly ass things with cars with friends..............

Update Reply
wenders @ 28/02/2012 22:59  

Clarkson doesnt absolutely hate motorcyles - he can ride them - and rode a Ducati 916 around the Monaco GP circuit when it was closed before the racing began one year. He chooses not to ride though, and I believe he doesn't hold a licence for a motorbike in the UK (one of the reasons he said he was riding the 916 at Monaco) But he is known for his controversial statements and people bite every time. As for Top Gear being informative - it may seem interesting to a few - but it doesnt bring in the big viewing figures that supercars amd daft stunts/ roadtrips do. Which is why Needell, Henderson, and Wilson got canned after Clarkson was booted off years ago (and moved to Channel 5 with a change of format).

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 23:11  

They find some fabulous roads for their challenges that I wouldn't know existed otherwise. My daughter watches it and was so impressed by the Stelvio pass that we based our holiday on getting to, and driving the Stelvio Pass & jolly good fun it was too...we did some other nice stuff too but that's where the idea came from The next one on our list is the Verdon Gorge in the south of France- Clarky lost the challenge in an Audi RS4 against 2 climbers going straight up a HUGE cliff face...very entertaining

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 29/02/2012 18:40  

*post removed out of boredom*

Update Reply
TeeCee @ 29/02/2012 19:06  

Clarkson is like Marmite. Anyone who takes him serious is missing the whole point of him and the show. Most of Top Gear and Clarkson's comments are what I consider tongue in cheek. I like Marmite. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
His so called dislike of motorcycles should also not be taken seriously, it's an act that is looking for a response and it has worked. <o:p></o:p>
Although the other two presenters James May and Richard Hammond form an intrinsic part of the program, the show would not work without Clarkson and his interaction with them.<o:p></o:p>
Both James May and Richard Hammond are keen motorcyclists.<o:p></o:p>
If you saw the Vietnam trip, where they had to obtain small low power motor bikes and travel the length of the country, you would think at 1st Clarkson hated motorbikes, again this was an act. I am sure if he hated them that much he would not have taken on the trip.<o:p></o:p>
I like Marmite and Top Gear.<o:p></o:p> From an avid petrol head that will watch anything with an engine.<o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
davidneale @ 03/03/2012 07:42  

rather watch paint dry...!!

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 03/03/2012 08:34  

I am a big top gear fan it's entertainment even though this series been wetter than a ducks foot. I think they have got too big the cheaper stuff was more fun like the 100 quid challenge. I would however punch hammond in the face if I ever met him again he's a c**t. (been in top gear audience in 08) But james may is a good bloke told me about cooking spark plugs.

Update Reply
Ho4701 @ 03/03/2012 09:35  

Did U know Clarkson is one of the top 3 most powerful men in the motor industry?
If he slates yer product U in dire trouble, remember him commenting about the new vauxhal yrs back.....only thing he liked was the hook for yer jacket! The car never sold in big numbers due they say from his comments...

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 05/03/2012 21:23  

Ho4701What do you have with the cooked spark plugs

Update Reply
davidneale @ 05/03/2012 22:04  

Clarkson is an underworked overpaid muppet , there iv said it.. he was in glossop derbys., a few years aago where i used to live,, and he said quote , " that the people of glossop cant read" what a rediculous statement .... if he ws refering to a third world country or an antipodean outback i might agree with him, but england in the 21st century the mans baboon, HE COULD<NT TRAP HIS FINGERS IN A DOOR just for the record yeah i can and do read

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 06/03/2012 09:24  

Today i was sat in a 4litre 450bhp ballistic misile namely a TVR tuscan .. petty clarkson did,nt seeme sb4

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 06/03/2012 17:55  

Someone should come up an idea put a motobike, Tv prog together, unless they have already done so, im so missing out!

Update Reply
RAY82 @ 17/03/2012 00:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email