MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Watching the Top Gear tv programe

Watching the Top Gear tv programe (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Watching the Top Gear tv programe (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Watching the Top Gear tv programe

Thay did a few times dont remember the name of the progs but not very good and were dropped

Update Reply
JP @ 17/03/2012 10:01  

If their were to be to be a tv prog in the future, Suzi perry should be at least one of the presenters.

Update Reply
RAY82 @ 17/03/2012 15:07  

I agree with the fact you either love or hate Top gear. For me, its one of the best programmes on telly. it is far better than a soap opera or reality TV. I've recently read Clarksons Biography and you get the picture that when he is on telly, he lies to provoke, and at the end of the day everyone is entitled the their opinion. I would say less than half the time i agree with some of the things that come out of his mouth, but he puts across his point in such a funny and enthusiastic way that you can't not watch.
The show would work with the whole three of them as a package, and Top Gear USA was cancelled as they tried to act like the 3 UK presenters.
The thing that makes clarkson so appealing or so repulsive, depending on your stand point, is that he is enthusiastic about the topics he covers.
Just my take on the whole thing!

Update Reply
Big_Paul @ 17/03/2012 15:47  

i agree with Big_Paul

Update Reply
RAY82 @ 17/03/2012 16:56  

Since Clarkson and "Call me Dave - We are all in this together" Cameron are both friends, and, loosely speaking, neighbours, that says it all really.....

Anyone remember when Steve Berry used to present on the show?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2012 22:05  

Yes Steve Berry did report on the Bull dog bash in 1996, I was waiting in the queue for run what you brung when he stopped by me and my mate and did a run down of the event, my 15secs of fame now on dvd.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 21/03/2012 22:19  

Hey Ray - there is a Bike prog - it starts again in a weeks time on Motors TV - called the Bike Channel - Thurs 29th @ 9:00 pm I watched it last year - it's a bit amateurish, but it was their first year, so hopefully they'll get there with it

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 22/03/2012 07:51  

Will you please stop thinking that Top Gear is supposed to be an " informative motoring programme" !!!??? It is NOT ! It IS an entertainment show that just happens to have fast exotic cars going sideways and cooking tyres! JC is a wind-up merchant : if you believe that what he says he really means, then you are missing the point of it -- he says things to provoke a reaction , and does it really well. The chemistry between the three of them is brilliant, the cars featured are aspirational (unless you are a lottery winner!)

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 22/03/2012 13:54  

Clarckson does or at least did actually own and ride a scooter regularly. http://jalopnik.com/5062717/bike+hating-jeremy-clarkson...-a-scooter Top gear is an entertainment show i only watch it for the challenges. Like everyone else says Clarkson it outspoken and that is where he makes his money. Men and motors have shown a fair number of bike programs and they are all fairly low budget productions. Bur they are presented by people who are passionate about bike and not about themselves. The biker roadshow is one of those shows. It usually has an section where the resident bike doc shows someone how to change their chain / brakes in the middle of the BMF in Kent.

Update Reply
Phil @ 23/03/2012 14:36  

@ Holmfirthgirl Cheers for that!! will looking forward to watchin it!!

Update Reply
RAY82 @ 24/03/2012 00:46  

I like Top Gear as a whole, and i've read most of Clarkson's books because i think he's quite funny. That little W***er Hammond really bugs me though. He tries to start a new hairstyle trend each series, and i'm sure he thinks he's some sort of comedian, (your cue to laugh is when he tightens his throat at the end of a sentence). There have been a few bikers programmes over the years (2 wheels better?, on 2 wheels) etc, Jeff Stone from the BMF got a fair bit of airtime at one point. I even remember a late night bikers quiz/game show a few years back!

Update Reply
Weirdoraptor @ 27/03/2012 01:07  

Sat here watching, classic Top Gear Special in Canada and PMSL @ Jezza being pushed into the freezing water by the RM Artic Warfare Instr. Feckin brilliant !!!!

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 22/04/2012 11:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email