MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

3 Dead 2 Days

3 Dead 2 Days (2) - Forums [Biker Match] 3 Dead 2 Days (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

3 Dead 2 Days

Shell. It's my choice , stuff em ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/02/2012 11:28  

Hi,
my little input.

Respects to those that have lost.

I have heard the Services use the term ROOT.

Ran
Out
Of
Tallent.

Dustin666 - from reading this thread I come to the conclusion that there are some biker you don't want to have met and some you don't wan't to meet!

John.

Update Reply
YZFJohn @ 27/02/2012 11:44  

Road bikes for the road , race bikes well for racing , jeez i sound like a politician , but hey ride long live to see the fun, ego is not an option dont you think . end of second rant

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 27/02/2012 12:52  

I seem to recall that last year 4 bikers were arrested and charged after a ride out.

The reason - they started out with 5, one died the rest charged with manslaughter as they were riding in a group.

Possibly the thinking behind the prosecution was that the rider who died did not have the abilities of the other riders and due to peer pressure felt he had to keep up.

It is your own choice as to how you ride and whether or not you have checked your machine before you went. I ride a sports bike and yes I only mainly ride in summer BUT i have ridden in all weathers in the past on all sorts of bikes. I amend my riding to the weather conditions, however some do not, possibly due to peer pressure or that you think your mates are better riders than you and you are trying to prove them wrong .... who knows.

At the end of the day if you do something beyond your or your bikes capabilities you will suffer the consequences, regardless of what machine you are on.

Life is there to live and some choose to live on the edge, you only get one chance in this life, so take it, just don't take anyone else with you if you bugger up the corner!

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 27/02/2012 13:04  

Absoluteley , Feistygirl

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 27/02/2012 13:09  

I've owned a wide variety of bikes over the years, sports included,, but I've always gone for tyres with greater tred and water displacement, because I ride rural and tour all weathers. The type of bike makes no difference its the rubber u ride on and your mental outlook. If ya going to ride like a prick on to wheels have the decency to carry an organ donor card, u may as well be of some use .

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 27/02/2012 13:19  

yzf John . Sorry man , I realy couldn't understand what you were trying to say . Do ya want to write it out again.

...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/02/2012 14:04  

YZFJohn I get your drift, as I am sure most of us do

Update Reply
davidneale @ 27/02/2012 14:16  

Dusty, I am struggling with your input and tone of your personal messages. You are most welcome tyo your own opinion, but why are you IMO attempting to rile people??????

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 27/02/2012 14:25  

people - come on really!!!!! we all ride 2 wheels....WTF is the problem! are we not treated like idiots enough by the nanny state and the cage drivers without us turning on ourselves.
Gremlin Mike i ride a bike the fact that it has plastic bits attached shouldnt make any difference......the only rule is KNOW YOUR OWN LIMITS!

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 27/02/2012 16:12  

kwakgirl You said it all (KNOW YOUR OWN LIMITS)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 27/02/2012 16:17  

Just finished cooking the meal for the evening , well dustin mate you really should try and listening with those glasses mate, dont you think !!!!!!!!!!!!erm nothing personal mind ok ?

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 27/02/2012 17:57  

Im not wiping the arse of any BM rider that cant heed the simple warning the roads down here are still on the dangerous side,, if you cant grip the fact that 3 people died this weekend from ingnoring the road conditions , what will it take to get through to you.
My reference to sports bikes is with regarded to tyre grip n safety alone. Your own safety with regard to your riding skills is down to you,,, spend a day steady riding if you haven't ridden for a couple of months, dont just open the throttle. Do an advanced accessor coarse every few years, we all develop bad habits, STAY ALIVE AND DONT THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL , BECAUSE THE UNEXPECTED WILL ALWAYS CATCH YOU OUT,,,,, """ RIDE SAFE """ FOR OTHERS IF NOT FOR U.

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 27/02/2012 17:58  

Gremlinmike Great post that got bad input from some. I will admit I have some very bad habits on bike car and truck unlike some of the perfect riders and drivers on here

Update Reply
JP @ 27/02/2012 18:09  

None of us are perfect, as long as we realise that, we stand a chance of being safe by driving within the limits of the road conditions, speed limits and our own personal abilty.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 27/02/2012 18:14  

I would rather get flake for pointing out the simple and obvious than, watch a biker being body bagged away.

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 27/02/2012 18:23  

usuall sad but true story .. ambition is outweighed by skill eg perceived ability v real ability in other words .. what you think you can do/ what you actually can do often theres a large gap between the two.. kevkool

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 27/02/2012 18:59  

Ditto to last post.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 27/02/2012 20:48  

I go on three memorial runs a year for three very close friends .

I've rode bikes around the lakedistrict for over fourty years

I've been all over Europe, my friend was killed in Switzerland.

MY BIKE, MY LIFE, MY CHOICE.

Anyone that has taken the time to learn how to ride properly deserves and gets my respect.

As for the rest of you, well, I shouldn't have compared you all , to an old fanny . This was wrong on two levels. The first being. You must be getting pleasure from your biking , otherwise you wouldn't do it . The second (sorry I can't resist this) an old fanny is just as sweet and sensitive as a young one .PLUS mature women are as sexy as hell . hahahahahaha

Ok , back to riding styles.

A 'bigot'is someone who is intolerant of other peoples views or opinions. A 'bigot' is someone who thinks that their ''opinion'' is a fact . Now, how you all ride your bikes is up to you . Do me the same courtesy ...Dusty...

M

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/02/2012 22:16  

Just been looking back at these posts and you all seem to be making the classic rookie mistake of thinking accidents happen to other riders,or inexperienced, riders, or fast riders.
Fresh road kill on a bend , diesel on a roundabout, a nice pothole on a bend. etc.etc. The list is endless . Statistically , you're gonner come off.
Riding around believing that accidents happen to someone else is gonner guarantee that it happens to you. But don't worry I won't say 'I told you so'
frankly my dear , I don't give a damn...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/02/2012 22:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email