MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

3 Dead 2 Days

3 Dead 2 Days (3) - Forums [Biker Match] 3 Dead 2 Days (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

3 Dead 2 Days

YOUR BIKE YOUR LIFE YOUR CHOICE
nice philosphy - what about PUBLIC ROADS, OTHER ROAD USERS and THOSE THAT PICK UP THE PIECES ?? if you want to ride like you stole it, go on a track day or find a nice private road where you can fulfil your adrenalin rush. Yes bikes are meant to be fun, but if you are so selfish with your own riding you don't care about other people than you have completely the wrong atitude for riding on a public road used by other road users. No luxury of marshals warning you of hazards, no pit crew to meticulously service your bike every time you get off it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/02/2012 23:10  

Hmm very interesting exup35

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 27/02/2012 23:20  

I ride my bike the way I like too, hard and fast that's why I ride a sports bike.To get the knee down and feel bike struggle for grip there's nothing else like it,to me this is what it is all about, you never stop learning or getting excited, the concentration,talking yourself through a corner or bend is the biggest buzz of all.
So after 40+ years of hammering motorcycles I'm still here,the only way to learn is to push yourself,get someone with experience to point things out to you ,you will be amazed at how little you know!
One thing for certain don't ask any who rides a cruiser , you wont learn anything you don't already know from driving the old mans three wheeler!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/02/2012 23:22  

horses for courses! can kinda see merits in all points of view but would have to say........it does look like this thread was started not to impart any great knowledge but to "have a pop" at certain sections of the motorcycle community! And if that wasnt the case then why post it in the first place......especially since you have no idea of the cause of any of the accidents (unless you are the police accident investigator!) you just assumed ...... sports bike = they must have been riding like a tw*t! We all know people die on bikes.....and in cars.....and crossing the road. Its a risk and how much of a risk is down to the individual. I agree with Dusty....partly.....fatalities happen to all sorts of riders, fast, slow, experienced and inexperienced.....riding sports bikes, 125's, x ers, or cruisers and Gremlin Mikes original post appeared (intentionally or not) to imply that "sports bike" riders are idiots who put on all the gear and think they are Valentino without any of the brains or talent! i think we need to stop branding each other as ****bike rider etc and realise we are all individuals who ride the bike of our choice....the operative word being OUR! debs

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/02/2012 09:00  

You make some valid points PJ. The more you push yourself,at anything,the better you get. 100 meter sprinters , constantly practise leaving the starting blocks to improve their reaction times. I would find it difficult to believe that someone that tootles about on a motorcycle could have the skill or the reaction time of yourself. Any numpty can turn the steering wheel of a car but it takes a lot of skill to rapidly change course on a bend , when you're half way round. That's something you learn by doing it . That skill needs built up on faster and faster bikes. Sadly a lot of modern 'bikers' seem to ride for the' image' rather than the thrill .They never realy learn to ride their bikes properly. You can see them everywhere, sitting in traffic. It's as if they've forgotten they are on a bike and still think they are sitting in the family car. They pass their test and either buy something all shiney and chromey or rush out and buy a big multicolored 'jap rocket'. You can not learn how to road ride on a 180mph bike. ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/02/2012 09:47  

kwakgirlWell what a load of crap !!!!! Yes I did stop, yes I got off and talked to the Police and Ambulance crew, they wreckoned he probly was'nt twenty,,, I move Bikes for a living I know what one looks like,, The police put it down to lack inexperience, hit the car in front went under the following. Sports bikes usualy have tyres with less tred hence less chance of grip on a broken or lose road surface, do u understand that. I had 3 sports bikes in my garage last year so get off the sports bike horse.. The message is simple, i'l say it yet again,, take care when your riding as theres a lot of crap on the road surface, please try not to join the others in the grave yard

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 28/02/2012 09:54  

exup35 statistically bikes are more dangerous than cars so, in order to help your fellow healthcare profesionals. why not give up the bike for a car. Or safer still , use public transport. Ride fast ,,, ya fall off Ride slow,,, someone knocks you off. What ya gonner do? ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/02/2012 10:18  

gremlin it does,nt matter what tyres your on.. if your unlucky enough to hit a dodgy road surface be it loose gravel diesel road kill yor gunna lose control the choice of tyre does,nt enter it. The trick is avoiding it in the first place , its called observation !!!!!!! koolkev

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 28/02/2012 10:21  

sorry Gremlin....but WTF business was it of yours to talk to police and ambulance service about any accident that YOU werent involved in...surprised you didnt take pics and post them on FB ? think theres something rather disgusting in soaking up all the morbid details a bit like the accident rubberneckers!...can almost see you nodding in agreement...."oh yes....sportsbike riders......stupid talentless and dangerous" get off your very high horse and stop thinking you can preach to everyone because your coming across as someone who "thinks" he knows more than the rest of us mere mortals...i'll stick to my sportsbike "horse" coz thats MY choice. ps i also live in a very rural area with crap road surfaces, i dont feel the need to warn everyone else of the risk most already understand.

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 28/02/2012 10:50  

Well, it's my last rest day today.The roads are drying out .Time for a blast on the bike. Up hartside I think . See what the winter has done to one of my favorites. The café doesn't open to march , so it's up to the top of kirkstone for a cup of proper coffee.
see ya soon [hopefully]...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/02/2012 10:53  

Kwakgirl ooh kwakgirl , I love you, I love you ,I love you Go on woman , tear his nuts off. love and kisses ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 28/02/2012 10:59  

Well I have read though this and I have come to the conclusion that some of the so called riders have about as much brain power as a dandelion. I have been riding bikes for about 40 years now on road off road and something I learnt very early on was if you ride to the limit you have nowhere to go if the unexpected happens FACT .
So next time your riding round a bend at90mph on the white line with you knee down and I'm going the other way with the off side front in the gutter and the near side rear on the line dragging 44,000kgs I won't feel it rock as I spread your guts out of your mouth and down the road .

Update Reply
JP @ 28/02/2012 11:02  

Read the road everything thats around it on by the side of it,what could
be there on different day perhaps , and do i need to go out on this journey, if so a little planning should help , maby a bit like a list when one goes shopping ,but hey iv been used to 32 years of living and riding around London area as a courier , and iv survived with my self intact , over to anyone without the shovel ........

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 28/02/2012 11:14  

show by example , not preach the facts.....

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 28/02/2012 11:15  

Kwakgirl ,,, my friends ride that road, compation made me stop,,, shame as youve clearly shown ,, you aint got none... And after that last statement ,,,' you are sick'. Gremlin rides sports bikes cant u read,,, You clearly dont give a shit about the lives of the riders that died this weekend,,,, If I find u on my road i'l stop n let u pass,,, I can always take the police detour later..... Bm warning signs sit above your head...

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 28/02/2012 11:24  

Time out folks
can this be lock before the fight starts

Update Reply
JP @ 28/02/2012 11:36  

I think this is getting out of hand due to some people are missing the original point that Gremlinmike made and people are becomiing overheated for the wrong reason. Why shouldn't we worry about other peoples safety on the roads?

Update Reply
davidneale @ 28/02/2012 11:43  

Hey David, the question of where do all the odd socks go too , mate my
partner steph always puts on odd colour socks most of the time maby she gets them all in mix laundry ,oh & i agree with you, we should worry about other peoples safety on the roads , not only does it give one the breath of vision, but also some basic common sense and a bit of respect,
Dont you all in BM think so

Update Reply
northlondon58 @ 28/02/2012 11:57  

It's a shame that what could of been a good topic with the potential of some really good positive comments has requested to be locked due to disagreement of opinion and now digresses into personal shots at each other.

come on folks, surely we can all agree to disagree and try to put some positive input into this thread as some have already done, at the end of the day we are all bikers, you don't have to shoot someone down because their opinion differs from yours.

Update Reply
feistygirl @ 28/02/2012 12:26  

We are all entitled to our own opinion but that should not stop us from respecting the fact that other folks opinions may vary from our own.

If this slanging match continues i will lock the topic and as already pointed out, that would be a shame as the potential for good input is more than apparant.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/02/2012 12:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email