MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Newbies attending their very first event

Newbies attending their very first event (4) - Forums [Biker Match] Newbies attending their very first event (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Newbies attending their very first event

i think the best thing to do if you dont know any one at a meet ......... go up to an events organiser and pat/slap their butt its a sure way of getting a conversation started

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 21/02/2012 09:46  

brilliant idea mic look forward to meeting you some day.....I think....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 10:05  

go up to an events organiser and pat/slap their butt its a sure way of getting a conversation started It's a sure way of getting a slap! And if said organiser is a fella, and so r u, you risk a right good kicking!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 13:37  

I'm sure I read somewhere in the forums that XK was quite partial to having his bum slapped, perhaps someone can clarify this? haha

Update Reply
Noddy1 @ 21/02/2012 13:52  

What peeps need to remember is we've all been there and done that. I went to my 1st BM weekend 3 days after joining the site, so not only did I not know anyone, I hadn't even chatted to peeps or dabbled in the world of threads. With my own past experience, maybe you should think to yourself that a pound to a pinch of salt you won't be the only one there who is attending a 1st event. If your not confident of walking up to a group, wait till one or two break away to the bar or whatever and then pounce on them. Just be yourself and yu'll be fiiting in with the group before you know it. If you leave it and only comment on your exit you only got yourself to blame! And I don't think peeps need to wear BM emblazoned kit just to be recognised (however good PR for the site) you only have to look for the nutters!

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 21/02/2012 14:13  

im one , lol

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 21/02/2012 14:20  

Hehe even in disguise i can't hide who i am, always recognised, so any newbies always welcome to come say HI to me and i'll introduce them to the other mad people erm i meant BM people!!! (no slapping of my butt thou i am known to bite!!!)

Update Reply
wenders @ 21/02/2012 14:21  

Man , am I looking forward to my first BMevent Arran. Can't wait till all you lovely people rush over to give me lots of big hugs and kisses . As a 'nube' I expect you all to spend your weekend looking after and entertaining me.

Please feel free to post on this thread all the wonderful things that you have planned for me... Dusty...

P.S. Stop growling ,lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 21/02/2012 17:22  

It is a well-established tradition that at their first event, all newbies must buy the 'old lags' a beer, and in the case of those with over 5,000 posts to their credit, several beers

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 18:04  

Looks like we are going to get blottoed XK

Update Reply
davidneale @ 21/02/2012 18:09  

I'll drink to that!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 18:16  

ne bother XK you pass me your glass and I'll lag in it. It'll save me going to the toilet as often. ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 21/02/2012 20:28  

ne bother XK you pass me your glass and I'll lag in it. It'll save me going to the toilet as often. ...Dusty...

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 21/02/2012 20:29  

lol, glad im not going , cos me dont wanna see Excalibur spewing

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 21/02/2012 21:15  

Well as a newb i hate walking into a pub on my own at the best of times so if i cd arrange to meet some1 outside that wd b g8t. Wenders i'm going to make your event over in caernarfon my first as i dont live that far away. Looking 4ward to meeting u all soon Ol

Update Reply
newbikerchick @ 21/02/2012 21:35  

I'm not a mod or an events organiser but I have turned up to all the East Anglia Social events. I always wear my BM K.I.S.S Rally T-shirt with my name on so that any newbies arriving can easily recognise the group.
I have even been to an event where a friend wore pink fluffy ears with BM on them (and we all know who that was) so that people would know us. I would like to think I have made everyone feel welcome and to show them that not everyone bites but helped them to join in. My advice would be to make yourself known, either by adding yourself to the event, PMing someone else that is going or contacting the organiser of the event to make them aware to watch out for you. We must also be aware that the events team and mods are going to be busy making sure the event runs smoothly and safely. Don't forget, if nobody knows you're going don't expect someone to greet you...add yourself to the event!!...standard members can add themselves

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 21:59  

At the risk of combining two threads into one...

If you do intend to add yourself to an event make sure your profile pic is clearly you. Cos long lens full body shots are near impossible to recognise w&en you are looking at someone across a crowded bar.

G.

Been there, done that.

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 21/02/2012 22:20  

aah but we know wat he looks like now dnt we!! as for keeping out helmets on until everyone turned up......u ever tried drinking a pint wiv a full face lid on!!

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 21/02/2012 23:06  

One of my fav silly games at a rally!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/02/2012 23:42  

I'm only new but I heard that anyone with over 5006 & Under 5008 Posts right now buys beers for every member on BB? Can anyone confirm this

Update Reply
Big Fred @ 21/02/2012 23:58  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email