MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Wenders Wonderful Weekend Camping in Snowdonia

Wenders Wonderful Weekend Camping in Snowdonia (9) - Forums [Biker Match] Wenders Wonderful Weekend Camping in Snowdonia (9) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Wenders Wonderful Weekend Camping in Snowdonia

Seems not Pagan!!! Well, they want EVERYONE to pay upfront and NOW for camping!!!! Never heard of paying to pitch a tent upfront before, and as some people don't know yet if they can come or not, i told them< very nicely, we will go elsewhere!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/03/2012 15:37  

Ok my lovelies, new arrangements as follows, once again so sorry for muck about, but this place is better anyways!!! Pics are on my profile under album heading Wenders Snowdonia okies!!!!Update as follows:-

The venue is now
Brondanw Arms (y Ring)
Llanfrothen
Penryndeudraeth
Gwynedd
LL48 6AQ

website http://www.yring-llanfrothen.co.uk/

Email yring555@btinternet.com

Date 18th to 20th May 2012, but those wanting to come earlier possible from 16th May

Price per person £5 per night

About the venue:- A 17th centuary inn, open fires, slate floors, Beer Garden campsite and play area, Lunch and dinner, Real Ales and lagers, Ala carte specials
Ok, as its only a small campsite, max 20 tents, i have arranged with the pub landlord extra camping in the farmers field adjacent to campsite> Also, as the pub camp only has toilets, have also arranged with Porthmadog leisure centre to be able to have showers at the leisure centre, depending who is on service, these shower facilities will have a maximum charge of 70p, free if right person working....The leisure centre address is:0 Glaslyn leisure centre Stryd y llan Porthmadog Gwynedd LL49 9HW
They will be open for showers from 7.30am til 8.00pm friday 18th and 10am til 4pm on sat and sunday 19th 20th....
Planning a BBQ for friday 18th evening(depending on weather)
Ride out saturday 19th
Wenders will be there from wednesday 16th May, so anyone wanting to come along then will be most welcome!!!
Train ride up to Snowdon summit if people want, but it is £25 return fair
People travelling on bikes and a good distance, Wenders will be putting a few tents up on the wednesday 16th so you dont have to carry everything on bikes...PM Wenders if you require a tent on site (pref persons willing to share tents)

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/03/2012 15:38  

mmm cream of leek tartlets with goats cheese sound nice

can i post you my tent to put up?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/03/2012 15:45  

If ya really want to Neil lol!!!! But im sure if ya bring it you wont be left to put it up alone, we not that selfish!!!!!!

That reminds me actually, anyone in the area off here, or between my area ish and snowdonia, if you have a spare tent that you wont be needing for this weekend,and dont mind lending it out, please let me know!!! Think this wenders setting tents up for people travelling is going to have me busy!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/03/2012 16:01  

P.S. Those not wishing to tent it, there is a few youth hostels in the area which are £19.40 per night for 18th and 19th may!!! These can be booked online at:- http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/snowdon-ranger

Or £23.40 per night at :-http://www.yha.org.uk/hostel/bryn-gwynant

But be quick as limited availability ok folks

Both are no more than 10 miles from campsite

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/03/2012 16:18  

Put XK in the far feild by oxford

Update Reply
JP @ 30/03/2012 19:14  

JP.. Oxford? Really that close?

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/03/2012 19:26  

Great pics of Snowdonia wenders

Really looking forward to this from the Wed to Sun

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 30/03/2012 19:26  

The pictures look lovely Wenders - well done for finding another site

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 30/03/2012 20:01  

Ha you're all welcome!!!!

I'm very trying lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 30/03/2012 20:17  

yay well done...looking forward to the weekend... will be there thursday evening from work to help out.

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 30/03/2012 22:27  

Wenders you could put the photos on the calendar, if you want to. They are of the venue you're going to so no problem. Calendar details have been updated today http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/event_details.asp?event_id=2906

Update Reply
Sandi @ 31/03/2012 01:10  

N.B. I feel the need to forewarn you, if you are going to ask me to set a tent up for you, this is only setting it up...Packing up the tent will be your responsibility!!!! And any damages will mean you have to re-imburse the tents owner!!! Im no ones slave and am offering to do this for you as a favour, out of kindness!!! Pee taking will not be dealt with leniently!!!!
Just a little respect goes a long way!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 31/03/2012 12:34  

Well said wenders

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 31/03/2012 16:36  

that sounds a lot better Wenders well done girl

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 31/03/2012 17:39  

Could not agree more with wenders and if she does put up your tent I would think a large drink should be passed her way as a thankyou

Update Reply
JP @ 31/03/2012 18:32  

dont start putting up tents for people at events Wenders or they'll be wanting it at every event

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 01/04/2012 00:34  

Hi Wenders and you all.New Camp site sounds better than first one (bet their right miserable buggers) ah well nice to be wanted!and glad they can afford to turn us away(do the maths for the week end?)must think were gonna nick all their sheep. Anyway Should be ok for it sounds good,Thunder sprint then Wales BRILL. Is the bit about putting tents up for folks real or what?.See you in Wales - TK

Update Reply
DT @ 01/04/2012 13:20  

Hey TK yes the tents putting up for people is real, but the idea behind it is for those travelling a long way so as not to be tied down on bike with loads of kit!!!!! Or those with bikes that cant carry much...i.e. single seaters etc

My plan is to set a gazeebo up with cookers, bbq etc for all to use, cheaper to make our own cuppas etc than buy all the time....but no messy gits allowed lol

Update Reply
wenders @ 02/04/2012 10:25  

Hey Wenders, seems like a good bunch of people going, I aint done anything with BM before so I am planning on making this my first if that’s ok, do you need cash up front.

Update Reply
rogerdodge @ 04/04/2012 22:40  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email