MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

The REAL around the world adventure rider Nick Sanders.

The REAL around the world adventure rider Nick Sanders. - Forums [Biker Match] The REAL around the world adventure rider Nick Sanders. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

The REAL around the world adventure rider Nick Sanders.

Had a good evening out at Tinklers Yamaha dealership in Norwich last night, the reason being Nick Sanders was giving a talk on some of his solo around the world/twin Americas rides. The guy is truly awesome, forget the celebrities McGregor and Boorman this guy does it the Real way round. Got a link to his website, check the Dealership tour he's doing at the moment(free tickets + a free dvd) if he's appearing at one near you I can reccomend it for a really enjoyable evening. http://www.nicksanders.com/index.htm

Update Reply
old red @ 11/02/2012 12:38  

I hear you, Pete and Mick had a great time and this guy is one not to miss!!! wish I could have made it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/02/2012 20:15  

If anyones interested, he`s on at CMC in Chesterfield on Wednesday 15th

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/02/2012 19:32  

While i agree he's the real deal I think the long way down/round team also have done great work in highlighting biking and adventure.

How ever there has been folks doing it lot longer than these 3 who don't get the limelight And Nick is mad I have some of his books/dvd's

I can't see a R1 doing the road of bones

Update Reply
madscots @ 12/02/2012 20:33  

Good point on the highlighting of biking by McGregor & Boorman with Long way round/up/down but any biker doing it solo without a fleet of 4WD's for back up has got to hold the respect of bikers more(be he mad or not, which Nick certainly is).

Update Reply
old red @ 12/02/2012 23:41  

Nuts, but fantastic entertainment. He's on at the following:
14th Feb Skellerns Motorcycles, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
15th Feb CMC Clay Cross, Chesterfield, Derbyshire
16th Feb Keith Dixon Motorcycles, Accrington, Lancashire
17th Feb Ride On Motorcycles, Glasgow
18th Feb Edinburgh Yamaha Centre, Edinburgh
20th Feb Raceways Motorcycles Ltd, Fleetwood, Lancashire
21st Feb Wigan Yamaha Centre, Wigan, Lancashire
22nd Feb Robinsons of Rochdale, Rochdale, Lancashire
29th Feb Len Manchester Motorcycles, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 13/02/2012 22:45  

It's free and a great evening out...

Update Reply
old red @ 16/02/2012 10:24  

A must read for all motorcyclists Ted Simons in search of jupiter and dreaming of jupiter iv read them both an excellent read 70 countries in 2/3 years .... ONE MAN ONE BIKE ONE PLANET cheers kevkool

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 16/02/2012 13:01  

ps ted did his world adventure before ns all good stuff kk

Update Reply
spaceboy4 @ 16/02/2012 13:04  

I was at nick sanders 7 time around the world adventure nite in glasgow yamaha dealship hi it was a great nite out so if you wont a good nite out and it free go for it
he in edinburgh to nite

Update Reply
paneurojim @ 18/02/2012 14:06  

A lot of people knock Ewan and Charlie then say 'but they did well for motorcycling' - but these people miss the point of the Long Way adventures. Yes they have a support crew, but this is mainly a film crew, not to get them out of scrapes - while it has it's advantages, carrying a tonne of camera equipment, hard-drives, editing equipment etc. is a little difficult on a bike.

On top of that, there is the time element - Ewan and Charlie complain as much as anyone about how short a time they actually have to do the trips - it's a very different game when you can spend several years doing the trip. Try to imagine yourselves riding 250 - 650 miles every day, for three months at a time.

The Long Way videos are not better or worse than the other guys having done this (of which there are actually hundreds in transit, continually nowadays) - just a different game altogether.

A good guy to watch is Graham Styles - a Kent / South London IT bod who decided to do all of the countries of the Americas over about 1000+ days (about 100,000miles). He's back in the country now, and I've got a tacit agreement (though I've not spoken to him for a while) to speak to the students of the M/C academic club were starting up in the Medway.

Difference between Graham and others, is that he filmed the trip and put it up on YouTube.

Try this link of him in Columbia crossing a bridge over a swollen river: if you want more, just switch to YouTube from this link and you'll see all 20+ videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yjIJ8ibOs8

Update Reply
Pharaoh @ 18/02/2012 15:01  

i'v read one of Nicks books and it was brilliant

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 18/02/2012 20:30  

I have just looked at some of his films on Youtube, brilliant, love it. Woulod be nice to find the time to do similar

Update Reply
davidneale @ 20/02/2012 09:09  

Just got back from StreetBike halesowen. Nick Sanders is totally nuts!! His mixture of adventure and comedy makes it a great night out . . and Free! If you've not seen him yet, check out if he is near you soon and go have a great night.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/02/2012 23:00  

I think you have your own Camera crew Slidy, Your profile picture changes to something new everytime I see you on here . See you over here in Brittany soooon !!

Update Reply
Mickey moo @ 04/03/2012 20:52  

20th Feb Raceways Motorcycles Ltd, Fleetwood, Lancashire
oh no just down the road from me MISSED IT i have read his books and watched his videos met him at nec and been through his marriage and divorce to henrietta

Update Reply
missme @ 04/03/2012 23:17  

Met Nick at the Bike show in Birmingham in 1997/1998 and he signed a copy of his book for me. Top man.

Update Reply
kingarthursdog @ 05/03/2012 20:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email