MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

MAG uk

MAG uk (3) - Forums [Biker Match] MAG uk (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

MAG uk

ive received it an read it Squiddy.......... and like you i feel the guy is a total moron!!!! i have emaile him back asking him if he actually like motorcyclists and / or motorcycles and if he has any understanding or care of the feeling someone who loves bikes gets from riding.... the feeling of freedom and release from teh stresses of the day..... il see how he responds tho i duno why i bothered i just couldnt help meself!! ive also had the Mag activists newsletter which asks us to write to our mps now and they have a letter to copy and AMEND as appropriate and send.......i'll post it here Hopefully, BND is "one of a kind" i wonder how many bikers he has tried to beat on a carriage way that narrows to one lane, or to stop filtering etc etc must admit his email made my blood boil the moron!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2012 20:32  

Good on ya Suz, I'm leaving it a bit before I respond to make sure I reply in a cool calm state of mind!

BND is clearly determined he will not acknowledge the clear information he has been provided with repeatedly and in the simplest form! He's also a lying . He's repeated the same crap you, me and numerous others have corrected him on!

He is a fine example of why politicians are not trusted and are perceived as self-serving parasites! Luckily they're not all like him.

BND; a pile in the arse of the EU!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2012 20:52  

mmm get printed proof of receipt of email turn up at his office..play nice..and discuss the error of his ways...ask for minutes to be taken
...and then tell him you know where he lives and plan to protest outside

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/04/2012 18:55  

If only it was that easy Steve! BND reckons we should see him in Brussels and doesn't do surgeries for constituents!!

He only met MAG members when they hired a hall and didn't listen then or since!

MAG have notified his party of his practice though.

I'll be doing the same as the man is an and point blank refuses to listen and absorb any information he's given.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2012 14:58  

had a look at the MEP website any luck with the other 4 MEP`s for the east midlands

had a look at BND`s website and the link to email doesnt accept links from google which is ridiculous....me thinks the man doesnt play with others

so how about peacefully occupying 10 Church Lane, Navenby, Lincoln LN5 0EG works for the undemocratic protesters

or mass texting to 07939-250473 pick a time and everyone send a text

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/04/2012 23:14  

Fair idea Steve but I think it would play into BND's hands, especially given the comments he's made about MAG members. I think civil complaints to his party would undermine his portrayal of MAG folk......possibly!

The Conservative MEP takes ages to respond to my e-mails and just sends out the party pro-forma.

However, Roger Helmer and Derek Clark are both very supportive of MAG and bikers. They attended a meeting arranged by Peak & District MAG and were really open and honest about how the EU works. It was a really good meeting and proved that not all MEPs are of BND's ilk!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2012 17:02  

Mag seem to be dealing with all teh MEPs well and in their latest magazine (MAG's Road magazine) there is a massive article on all this and who we need to write to now. I would say everyone please joine MAG (if you aint already of course!! )... if it matters to you that we have them fighting for us as bikers and as they alwyas have and always will be fighting politically for all bikers - its money well spent....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/04/2012 23:02  

how many MAG members are actually active ?

here`s an example of what I mean I`m a member of CAMRA they ran a petition to break the beer tye of pubco`s 130000 members 5000 petitioners dont think that number would have any govt shaking especially this brokeback coalition

letter`s and emails can be ignored and totally unnoticed be the majority of people so can weekend protests on the street ....a few thousand people brewing the kettle at peak viewing time would get more coverage...

and I`m not disagreeing with anything you are saying

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 00:15  

I think it is imortant to support any action that MAG may ask its members and non members to take but by joining any biker is helping fund the political stance that MAG makes.... it costs MAG money to fight on our behalf and yes it seems the mps are listening and if you get a chance to read up on stuff you will see and / or agree that dates for decisions have been delayed and some decisions may even be shown to be breaking certain laws so i think it definately does make a difference I think sitting back and doing nothing.. ie not joining one of the parties which fights for our rights and not taking any action is what would lead to nothing changing and I personally think even if it makes no difference at least i tried which surely,,, is better than not trying at all?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 12:08  

still think most people join as a social thing....yeh lets storm the barricade,then sneak off to the chippy and go home ...it`s alright someone else will do it

and dont forget bureaucrats love the attention their passive aggression gets them

and if you cant win it doesnt mean you shouldnt fight but you`re fighting using their rules and when you win they change the rules

..didnt MAG start with the helmet law and Fred Hill

would love to hear a MP of whatever party that gets in power say too many laws lets get rid of some....and give more rights than they take

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 18:40  

i totally agree steve... those "in power" even if only in their own heads.. will always move the goals posts so they still hold the control... but thankfully sometimes they dont win their games coz their rules are all about the legal system and they aint all as clever as they like us to believe.... i also think they are actually all alien species from teh planet Obey or Die... and probably come up on a rash at the prospect of another human being actually wanting to be a free spirit with their own rules for their own life which hurts no one else.... we are all born the same and who are they to tell me what to do.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 19:19  

Just had an email reply from Bill Newton Dunn... i emailed him and asked if he actually like motorycles or motorcyclists or understoodo the freedom it gave some people etc etc... this is the reply i have just got..... try to keep calm peeps..... Thank you, Suzi. No, I have never ridden a motorbike and have no desire to at all. Too dangerous and too noisy for me. Freedom and relaxation for you but maybe danger and dislike for the rest of the public (I wont send you some of the anti-bike emails which I am also receiving, you would not like them.) And, yes, in due course, but not at the same time, I should be glad if a law tighening up tampering of motorcars is proposed. All the best Bill i like the fact he seems to think we are not "rest of the public" ..... i am not sure whether to respond or block him !!!!!! ah and i had also adked him if ths law was going to be put on cars too...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 22:45  

i think maybe i will stop reacting altogether coz he is clearly a nazi style and im not sure i want to argue with a fool...........
il leave it to someone else i think ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 22:50  

Come the revolution.........he'll be up against the wall with the others

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:00  

divide and conker

simply dividing us from the rest of they public to hold up as a danger.

A politician called Hitler made a mess of europe previously using the same technique ...not learning from the lessons of history are they

he`s that little bloke off Harry Enfield YOU DONT WANT TO THAT YOU WANT TO DO THIS

trying to antagonise to threats and swearing so he can discount your views

how many members on BM or in MAG... he`ll look at numbers in against numbers protesting and decide if worth considering....keep it about human/voters rights if he can separate = vunerable

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:01  

your right Steve he is tryng to "marjinalise" us and make out liek you say that we are not the "public" and i have made sure that all my emails are polite adn in no way play to his view/belief/progaganda that we are all using threats to get what we want when we are actually using our brains....
didnt realise there were pepole with such views actually voted in places of powere.... naieve of me i know!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:05  

Just had an email reply from Bill Newton Dunn... i emailed him and asked if he actually like motorycles or motorcyclists or understoodo the freedom it gave some people etc etc... this is the reply i have just got..... try to keep calm peeps..... Thank you, Suzi. No, I have never ridden a motorbike and have no desire to at all. Too dangerous and too noisy for me. Freedom and relaxation for you but maybe danger and dislike for the rest of the public (I wont send you some of the anti-bike emails which I am also receiving, you would not like them.) And, yes, in due course, but not at the same time, I should be glad if a law tighening up tampering of motorcars is proposed. All the best Bill i like the fact he seems to think we are not "rest of the public" ..... i am not sure whether to respond or block him !!!!!! ah and i had also adked him if ths law was going to be put on cars too...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:05  

COME THE REVOLUTION ...not heard that in years....not since Scargill made a mess of the miners

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:07  

i have just re-read the email which he is responding to above... i had also asked him if car drivers ought to wear hi-viz so when they step out of car into road they can be seen, and if pedestrians ought to wear hi-viz too for safety if this was a concern for safety of people that cant be clearly seen... funny i got no response to those questions!!! - so now he is throwing the "public hate you" and you are a "danger" (things of course never heard or felt before)...card to try to get me to react rather than sticking calmly to the matter in hand which is the legislation bless ya MAG for having to go up against this one you deserve my full support x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/04/2012 23:27  

This weekend I was going to respond to his last e-mail that he sent me but having seen how he replied to you Suzi I'm gonna have to leave it awhile longer so I can cool down a bit!

The "man" is a monumentally arrogant !

Remember the name folks Bill Newton-Dunn, East Midlands MEP - MEP in the loosest sense; feel free to complain to the Lib Dem HQ about his attitude to voters!!

Steve: I don't think most MAG members see it as just a social thing, the sheer volume of letters and e-mails that the politicians and bureaucrats received from MAG members bares that out.

I agree with Suzi: If you ride you should join MAG because even if you sit on your arse and don't actually do anything at least you've contributed to supporting those that will actually do something.

Now I'll step off my soap box and lie down in a dark room!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2012 19:49  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email