MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

MAG uk

MAG uk (2) - Forums [Biker Match] MAG uk (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

MAG uk

Good luck Suzii would think somone on here should be able to point you in the righr direction

How your dog doing

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 17/03/2012 18:25  

The great majority of emails which I have received from motorcyclists have been identical. So it is correct for me to send them the same reply

But they were ignoring all the identical emails ...

Good luck with the homework Suzie If you need a hand ...

Yell for Bill

Seriously if I can assist just yell

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 17/03/2012 20:08  

Suzi get in touch with MAG and ask them for a brief of the major concerns, they know what their talking about and it may shut this dick head up or at least put him in his place......but basically it should be if its not broken dont fix it....its legislation for legislation sake...it will put up prices from the start of getting into motorcycling buying, fixing etc, it would end custom bike building for a start, after market sales etc...this will not help an economy in these hard times but end up with closures and more unemployment...

its a start

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/03/2012 21:23  

ah diesel dog is bril thanks Bill... tho of course he could alwyas do with another tongue snog hahahaha pmsl and Thanks Shell and Johnny - he clearly dont like bikers and so im determined to write something he cant talk to like a moron!! and its taking away our freedom that is the whole point.. are they doing the same wiht cars? I have emailed MAG and copied them into all teh emails and asked for them to suggest what i say...once i have that reply i will send soemthign to you guys and see what you think before i send it back to the MEP - and you can add to it if you dont mind!! ill pm it to you, hopefully in next couple days xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2012 18:39  

You have taken on a lot there Suzi, it's great that some one like you is prepared to put the time in. Good luck with your quest. I am trying to think if I can help in any way.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 18/03/2012 20:51  

ah thanks david i know its a bit crazy aint it, but seen as he responded to my original email and i didnt like what he said, i feel that if i dont respond or at least try and put my view across i have not right to complain when we are all denied our freedom.... and freedom means a lot ....
so numpty bum here will see - it wont take too much.. so long as i dont have to go to court occifer hahahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2012 21:18  

sorted... got reply from Paddy at MAG explaining a lot of things ... so ive replied to Mr Bill Newton Dunn again..... il have a blue peter badge now... hahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2012 20:33  

You will be able to get your degree soon Suzie

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 19/03/2012 20:42  

You made that seem so easy Suzi, definataly in line for a Blue Peter badge. I'm not sure if this is one but well done

Update Reply
davidneale @ 19/03/2012 20:44  

hahaha lol, il wear it wth pride

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2012 21:23  

You will have to let us know what your MEP says hon, will be interesting.

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 21/03/2012 03:32  

well here is the reply i got from my message to MEP..... Thank you very much, Suzi. That is a helpful explanation. I only wish it could have been sent, by so many other people, months ago ! All good wishes Bill Newton Dunn im not sure i have aboslute faith in him voting on our side though!! I think he may have just put this coz i asked him to reply to MAG!! but maybe its me being sceptical ...... we can only do our bit and hope we win the battle eh! and everyone send the letter that Mic has put when he started this thread i say to all your MEPs like mic says - but change the month to April. That letter speaks about teh most important clauses apparently ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/03/2012 20:08  

I 've had similar responses from BND over the last few months, he seems to have an amazing ability of forgetting everything folk tell him and conversations he's had.

Here's an old status thingy from my Facebook:

Just finished replying to an MEP (Massive Egotistical Piss-drip) highlighting point by point just how ignorant his correspondence proves him to be and without using the phrase "You arrogant, patronising, gravy train guzzling, self-serving, twat faced shit bobble!". Not bad, even if I do say so myself!

Like you, I'm not convinced he'll vote in our favour.

We just need to keep going and fighting our corner until we have a spectacular victory................the alternative is too depressing to consider!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/03/2012 16:59  

it is indeedo - i read a brill letter in this months MAG magazine from someone suggesting that surely if bikers need to wear hi-viz for their own safety then surely so do pedestrians when crossing the road or very near it and also so do car drivers when they get out of their car or step into the road, adn so do push bike riders when on the road..... matter of fact everyone ought to wear them for safety... also about the bike forks being made illegal as they wont be able to do a slalom round cones etc well its like comparing a double decker bus to a sports car... but no one says its dangerous... lets hope MAG put up some good arguments that show all this stuff to be as stupid as it is and i think that is exactly what MAG are doig right now... or mad max stylee here we come i think all car drivers shoudl be made to do a blind spot check before any manoever and fail their test if they dont do it..and reported to DVLA if they say they didnt see someone ie a biker using the road, coz they are clearly a danger to all

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/03/2012 22:36  

Suz, I think you may find that car drivers are already required to do blind spot checks before any manoever. Well I was taught to went I learnt to drive! It is the same for us bikers, plenty of observation, life savers etc. The problem is getting car drivers to remember and implement what they were taught. As bikers we pay the price if we forget to carry out good observations etc. Car drivers may just end up with a dent in their tin box! I am sure that the EU could put their efforts into a more realsitic approach to safety on the roads, especially regarding bikers.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 26/03/2012 23:00  

the good news is the vote has been put back again... so now we have to send letters to our local mps and get them voting for us... there is more info than this in email from mag.. i didnt have to do blind spot check on my car test once!! it was only when i got back to work and boss handed me keys to an audi 80 which i zipped off in and the first time i went on dual carriageway i went to pull into other lane and heard a loud horn!! i hadnt checked my blind spot and it was a car luckily not a bike... ever since then i alwyas do a blind spot check before i move my car - htat was a years ago mind... do they make peeps do blind spot checks on car test now then?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/03/2012 22:30  

I think you must have hit lucky Suz. I took my car test in 1960 something frozen solid and I had to do blind spot checks then. My son's girl friend did her car test last week and it was the same for her (she passes 1st time )

Update Reply
davidneale @ 27/03/2012 22:57  

i sent letters to all the MEPs, they haven't really got a clue what they are voting for do they...don't think they even read it....they just think oh this no one gives a toss I'll vote with the rest

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/03/2012 00:14  

yus i think maybe i cant remember david!! i passed first time both car and bike anyhow so im miss smarty pants hahahaha ...... tongue in cheek of course there
i agree johnnytb... clearly Bill Newton Dunn dont really give a toss.. he gave me the same lack of interest of the animal rights stuff going through so i can imagine the kinda of person he is from his lack of given a toss!! - let's just hope more of our letters and MAG can show this to be as stupid as it is!! i wore a hi viz vest ont eh egg run as they were giving em out i thought it why not and after the event i felt like a pink blomonge - ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/04/2012 20:54  

Anyone else received and read Bill Newton Dunn's "newsletter" yet?

If you have are you as enraged as me about his statements and diabolical nonsense?

The man is un-bloody believable, he's a complete !!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/04/2012 15:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email