MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

the bikers code

the bikers code (2) - Forums [Biker Match] the bikers code (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

the bikers code

spoil sport

Update Reply
madscots @ 14/01/2012 20:02  

If I'm in the car, and I see a car broken down, I won't stop. They will have a mobile phone and already called for help. But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives. Call it what u will, maybe the 'Bikers Code'.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2012 20:15  

But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives.
....poor sods, haven't they got enough on their plate

Update Reply
Minnie the Minx @ 14/01/2012 20:27  

Now, now Minnie....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2012 20:31  

Apologies OldYeti, I was having a glow in the dark moment.. I would be inclined to agree that the 'labelling' of people and the seemingly 'one size fits all' approach, is unlikely to rest easy with each & every individual. Myself included in many respects. I am neither a 'biker' nor a 'motorcyclist'. I am a mere 'motorist' (pilly at best) and quite possibly the amoeba of the biker gene pool. Thats not to say I do not agree with, or respect the good morals and principles layed down in the original post. On the contrary, although just as there is more to being a 'biker' than buying a bike, I've lived long enough to know that I would need to do alot more than merely own one (with or without a biker title), to be regarded as a good and/or decent human being. What is difficult to determine, is how this 'biker code' has been passed down, or learnt if it is neither 'written' or 'spoken' (until now perhaps). Presumably, it has been open to interpretation and therefore ever changing, just like us, the times and everything around us. Maybe this (with a bit of tweeking) could be the new written code of 2012! .. and while it may not be clear cut, free of flaws, contradiction, and/or include or relate to everybody, it is.. in its own right, a good foundation, especially for a younger generation in need of guidance, discipline and good example.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 09:23  

Excellently written, well-thought out and presented. 10/10 Gold Star

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 10:59  

Thank you XKL () ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/01/2012 11:48  

penny you sound like a good person to have as a friend and well educated a good post x

Update Reply
berniepan @ 15/01/2012 15:55  

Thanks .. You too bernie ..

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 15:50  

XK you suddenly turned over a new leaf or should I stay with you till the ambulance arrives,,,,

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 17/01/2012 23:07  

*psst, Mike - I'm only trying to butter her up so I can have my wicked way with her later, but don't let on, ok?*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/01/2012 23:12  

Secrets safe with me mate,,, I was going that way this weekend, well in a roubdabout sorta way, a slight 200 mile detour

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 17/01/2012 23:19  

One of the old biker codes,, just hit mods,,,, that one died out

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 17/01/2012 23:21  

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtub...jkDuY_Ceiw

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 18/01/2012 13:15  

Now THAT put a smile on my face mic

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 18/01/2012 14:16  

Oi Gandalf hope you mean the scooter variety and not us guys lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 18/01/2012 14:17  

My precious,,,, wants does she,,, lol

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 18/01/2012 17:57  

"But if I'm on the bike, I will always stop, and chat to them until help arrives". "....poor sods, haven't they got enough on their plate " Ha ha, cheered me up that did. How funny!

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 18/01/2012 19:00  

Not sure The code is a reality but it certainly isn't pap, the mere fact that a person is exposed to the elements of the weather means that there is slightly different perspective on life. If it rains you get wet etc. as opposed to being in a car where if it rains you turn the windscreen wipers on. So the more extreme weather the hardier the person is who is out in it. Also if they are not attentive to Deisel spills white lines, leaves and other road users they are in A and E. All that means that a person riding a motorcycle (labeled or not) can easily empathise with another motorcyclist. Take for example people who drive excellent german cars like Audi's or BMW's. those comapanies have invested millions of squids to make the driving experience as comfortable as possible, effectively cutting off the driver from any effects of the climate outside. Creating a driver who really doesn't have to worry to much about the outside world if they don't want to. So Riding a bike enforces you to pay more attention to your surroundings, offering a totally different perspective on life with greater empathy and undertsanding of others and there needs creating commoradary (sp) good manners, and a higher level of road skill. I think this evolution and relationship with the environment is what differentiates bike riders as a group, so you cold call that a sort of code I suppose.

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 19/01/2012 06:59  

madmic wrote : http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtub...jkDuY_Ceiw Hildo vs Ricky ... that was sooo funny , thanks mic :)

Update Reply
chris.sheridan @ 19/01/2012 08:31  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email