MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A ride for a ride

A ride for a ride  - Forums [Biker Match] A ride for a ride  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A ride for a ride

Hi people

Just wondering from male and female side of ya experiences. How many of u blokes are more willing to offer your pilly to a single girl? And why.

Girls how many of u have been offered a pilly by a bloke in the hope they are gonna get a ride off you.

I was offered weekend VIP pass for wsb last year on the condition I got my own transport down. A bloke I know offered to come pick me up if I spent the weekend with him in his tent.

Needless to say I told him to do one.
Could have at least offered to pay for hotel pmsl joke

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 13:43  

Do you have any preference in hotels Ronnie I don't very often take pillions other than my daughter, but when I do take people on the bike I don't have any hidden agendas so it makes no difference to me if their single or in a relationship. I did however once have some problems with the boyfriend of someone who'd been a friend for years when she came on the bike and he decided there must be more too it.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 06/01/2012 14:45  

Hey Ronnie, In my honest opinion there are people understand what it takes to be friends and the boundaries that entails, and then there people who do not. Nearly impossible to differentiate between the two, all you can do is trust your gut. I found myself stranded in a hospital bed for 6.5 weeks 100 miles from home, and fighting for my life. Money and material things counted for nothing. Only the support from my friends (who had to travel 200 miles just to see if I was OK) kept me going, so I really know the value of friendship, male or female, I owe them all my life. So for some I agree it would be a ride for a ride but not all, not by a long chalk, but that could be me being nieve.

Update Reply
d-w-b-h @ 06/01/2012 15:04  

I took a nun once! We did a toy run to an orphanage. After we took all the kids around the playground on our bikes, one of the nuns wanted a ride!

I've seen guys get jealous when their girlfriends have been on the back of my bikes.

Update Reply
Fat bob @ 06/01/2012 15:19  

It's like anything else Ronns. There's always gonna be chancers and players that manipulate to their own advantage. But I'm guessing, most blokes are the same as me, it doesn't mean anything. It's just giving someone a lift/rideout, and no different than going in someone's car.

Update Reply
Sharky92 @ 06/01/2012 18:37  

I think it's quite a personal thing to pilly with someone and couldn't just get on anyone's bike. I have a couple of male friends I wouldn't hesitate to get on the back of, but that's it other than JP. For me personally whether it's the thrill of the ride or being that up close and personal with someone I think it is quite an intimate thing in some respects and I would be uncomfortable pillying with anyone other than a very close friend or boyfriend. But we are all different, and I accept I have some strange views on things lol.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 18:48  

Also depends on what you like to grab hold of to keep you on lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 18:48  

I'd never take a woman on the back of my bike in exchange for a 'ride' it's imorral.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 18:57  

taking a pilly for me is all about letting someone experience the thrill of being on the rear of a bike..

I have loads of female friends that love being on the rear of my bike and thats it i would never overstep the mark of friendship.

Its all about trust and thats from both the rider and the pilly

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 19:03  

Don't do pilly's as yet and if/when I did/do I echo what Loon has said

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 06/01/2012 20:41  

Good evening Ronnie. I think that it is possible for both sexes to be guilty of harbouring hidden agendas, it's not reserved exclusively for the male. There must be many men that would expect something for something, just as they would do if they were to buy a lady a drink at the bar. Personally i think that that is a pretty poor show but it takes all to make a world and in many situations, for some, that offering and receiving is all a part of the mechanics of the dating game..the dating dance if you like. I dance to a different tune, meaning i see no strings attached to my offerings but many men and women are quite right to follow the formula that appeals the most to them. I think that it's a point of trust and honesty though. If the intentions are not made clear by either party from the offset, then the fault lies there and not at the rhythm of the dance. I hope that that makes a modicum of sense and hope even more, that it carries no offence to anyone (apologies if it does). Nice thought provoking thread though Ronnie. Best regards and warm wishes... ..icey

Update Reply
iceybusa @ 06/01/2012 20:59  

when i posted this thread wasnt aiming it at any person in perticular. i know that most on this site are great but we all know there are some exceptions to the rule . and simon you couldnt afford me hun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 22:28  

oh, damn. I saved all my Christmas money as well; lol.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 06/01/2012 23:27  

haha i'm not cheap u know

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/01/2012 23:33  

I had someone Pm having a go last year because I'm married (which can mean anything if you think about it) and that I'm on here at all . They had a go because I have "a spare pillion seat" statement on my profile also, off which I thought both statements was me being honest.

I'm also site staff and do a lot of background work for BM so can't work her angle out.

I do take pillions and think myself extremely competent rider with over 10k last year with people from here being on my bike. Why wouldn't I offer and BM is about bikers helping each other not letting them sit at home Oh and not one of them shared my tent lol

And anywayz can't beat rokin up to a joint with a leather clad lass on the back

Update Reply
madscots @ 07/01/2012 00:48  

Hi madscots, just shows how opinionated some people can be doesn't it. Maybe the person who e-mailed you was jealous because you're married. I suppose legally I'm married as I've never got divorced, but my ex and I split up 12 years ago in 6 days time.
If anyone wants a bird to share their tent at any events this year I'll bring some over from Friskney - those that were there last October will know what I mean.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 07/01/2012 02:13  

hey if any one takes your birds Simon do they get to pluck them as well

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 07/01/2012 05:49  

Of course Bill, as long as they use protection - goggles, an apron, and wellington boots are the minimum requirements.

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 07/01/2012 14:15  

some people dont understand that men and women can just be friends with no sexual intrest on either part.
to be honest i gave up caring what other people think of me a long time ago. least while they are talking about me they are leaving someone else alone. as long as ya open and honest with people then where is the harm.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/01/2012 19:44  

All the Goldwingers I know will take any pilly any time if asked, self included. But if ya offer the seat no one wants it except for goldwing club kids,,, perhaps they've got their heads screwed on. A seat is a seat be it bike, car or van.

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 08/01/2012 00:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email