MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A ride for a ride

A ride for a ride  (2) - Forums [Biker Match] A ride for a ride  (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A ride for a ride

Mike, you sure you didn't offer to bungy strap them to your trailer; lol

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/01/2012 02:41  

Wot u got agin 'copters?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 10:33  

I joined the site in 2009 and the very first person to give me a pilly was Bluesbiker, we lived close to each other and he kindly offered me his pilly seat for Ryans Ride. Friendship was what we were both looking for and i am happy to say that he is now a best friend of mine. I feel very lucky that there are quite a few folk i have met through BM who would gladly give me their pilly seat and for nothing more than the price of a brew lol

Fortunately i have a perm pilly seat now with Mr Ken : )

But i have heard on several occasions that some folk offer expecting something in return and some ask wanting something in return, so it can work both ways.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 08/01/2012 11:10  

Ah, but wot does Mr Ken get for giving u a pilly? Just a brew, or do you throw in a bikky?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 11:44  

Well I am dissapointed in you XK. When I saw you'd posted on this thread I was expecting something a lot more tacky than that. Are you trying to reduce your slap count for 2012?

Update Reply
Simon66 @ 08/01/2012 13:05  

Soz *Note to self 'must try harder'*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 14:16  

Must admit could offer reasoable B&B rates, got enough room in my mansion,,, On pillys,, keep it business if theres a prob,,, £'s in the tank,,, ya know where you are then,,,,, Wouldnt through in a jammy dodger or a fig roll BJ,,, lol

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 08/01/2012 15:26  

What i usually do also is i pay for fuel and the pilly pays for the tea n scoff. Also means while I'm parking bike up and what have ya the pily is getting the teas in

depends on what the run is

Update Reply
madscots @ 08/01/2012 15:54  

sounds like a good plan madscots

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 16:27  

well way I see it is that I was taking the bike on the run anyway so would of paid for the fuel regardless

Sorry it was a bit off topic

But I think basically you need to make sure that any run you do the ground rules are made before you set off. In terms of anything more your all adults so you just need to make sure it's clear

I'm taking a bigger tent next time

Update Reply
madscots @ 08/01/2012 16:49  

Traditionally, the rider pays for the fuel, and the pilly gets the teas in , by way of a 'thank you'.
Anything else is negotiable, depending on the chemistry. And taking friendships into account. Let's not over-complicate things, we r adults.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 19:22  

Wouldnt go pilly, but if i did and the pilot thought they could be paid in any other way than helping out with fuel cost, then they wouldnt be riding again cos id break their legs!!!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/01/2012 19:54  

But what if the rider offered u a pilly 'cos he fancied u, and was hoping for a relationship, and u fancied him? Wud u still break his legs, 'cos he was a tad 'forward'?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 20:22  

Hell yeah XK............A "tad" forward is not expecting me to drop my keggs and let him do whatever just cos he gave me a pilly..................
Wheres the respect in that????

Update Reply
wenders @ 08/01/2012 20:59  

lol XKL... well i guess he couldnt make a run for it with broken legs hahahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 20:59  

Shame about ya legs XK,,,,, lol

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 08/01/2012 23:45  

Girls how many of u have been offered a pilly by a bloke in the hope they are gonna get a ride off you. Note - hope, not expect If a guy offers to buy a lass a drink, he's hoping, but certainly not expecting.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2012 23:54  

Grrrrr XK you're getting on my nerves now!!!

Why not just treat all women as prostitutes????
Men wine and dine us girls, buy us presents, take us out, take us on bikes, hols and so called adventures.......Well why not just cut out middle bit and pay for the sex cos tis what they want in the end!!!

P.S. Before all the boys on here jump down my throat, not insinuating ALL you men are the same, but the vast majority, and goes for women to cos im not sexist.. Stupid subject really, if ya dont want to have problems, ie being taken as a pilly on some guys bike, and him expecting something in return, dont ask them to take ya....Simple!!!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 09/01/2012 00:47  

Best thing to do is to be upfront. Beforehand offer to share costs of fuel always ..... fuel not being cheap especially if someone has to come out of way to pick you up If thats refused, then offer to pay for drinks for privilege Or even meal Or cost to go in somewhere But make it clear that all thats on offer Any other expectations, well dont bother From Captain Sensible aka Suzyamki Hmm, should I change my site name....

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 09/01/2012 00:52  

And XK, you've opened your mouth and put both feet straight in again haven't you Youve bought me a drink loads of times But I have generally bought you one back Thinks i owe you a pint of Guinness though My round next mate Big i won't tell them all you're a good guy tho me dear Note to others... don't go for a ride with XK, he gets lost and takes ages to get back to base ........... lol

Update Reply
suzyamki @ 09/01/2012 01:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email