MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

A ride for a ride

A ride for a ride  (4) - Forums [Biker Match] A ride for a ride  (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

A ride for a ride

tankbags ...wenders sorry - i should have said tankbags ur right

Update Reply
kwakgirl @ 10/01/2012 21:46  

I'd offer most people a ride if I thought they would enjoy it, and that they were sensible enough not to get me killed.
What would I expect in return? Nothing.

Update Reply
GreyGra @ 11/01/2012 19:31  

Simple answer if your not sure what the offerer's intentions are ... attend a BM ride out

Usually (unless you the pilly make other arrangements) Pillies meet at a set point & are met by the group & given a lift by whoever has offered a seat, the ride out is as a group & then the pillies are dropped off by the group at set points again.

Simples

It also does make good arrangements as lots have discovered for 1st meetings, its informal there are others around, and its fun.

The other advantage is that if you dont feel comfortable as someone's pilly then the ride organiser can always make sure there is a spare seat for you to return on if need be

PS Ellie ... did you REALLY need the old f**t to tell you that , I thought you had more common sense !

PPS Give him a hug from me & tell him you 2 still gotta come round

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 11/01/2012 21:59  

Wenders... as you've openly admitted, some of your comments were WAY over the top! I've had to delete most of them. The last thing I want to do when getting home at midnight is trawl through 6 pages of bitching. One and only warning, don't let it happen again (that goes for everyone - watch what you say about each other, have some respect!)

On the subject at hand (now I've had to read it all I might as well comment).... if any sexy laydees want a ride on mine give me a shout! Sorry I mean... it's ridiculous to think that guys are only offering a "ride for a ride". Sure maybe a guy sees a lass 2 mile down the road going to the same event needing a lift and offers his spare seat. Sure maybe there's an attraction, spark etc and maybe something comes from it (What's BM all about again?? Bringing people together I thought). But the same bloke could have offered a big fat bloke a lift to the same event... does that mean he's hoping to sleep with the big, fat bloke? No! But hey - if I was using BM for dating and there was a nice lady near me needing a lift - damn right I'd offer. Cos I want to get my leg over? Not at all! But... she could be the woman of my dreams and, it's happened on BM, future wife and mother of my children! That's how we bring people together here.

If you don't want any attention from guys, either put your profile to "Seeking friends" or make sure you communicate BEFORE the ride to state what you are(n't) interested in. Pretty simples

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/01/2012 23:07  

I think MM's thread explains why we all do what we do; we like bikes!!! we like to ride bikes or we like the thrill of the pilly ride, we like to socialize with peeps that like bikes!!! It's a family!! If the chemistry happens between 2 parties; bonus!!! It doesn't matter if your a rider or a pilly. Yeah some folk will try to use it as an advantage of the situation, that goes against the code; thats their choice. the peep on the other end will ultimate make the decision. IMHO i think anyone that just because they take a pilly will get a ride is disillusioned. But again it's a chemistry thing this might happen??? every situation will always be different. Me personally; if you want to get on the back of my bike, crack on!! It;s all about the buzz LLH&H

Update Reply
bomb doctor @ 12/01/2012 02:31  

Forgot this yesterday,,, When I got back from riding Tiddler,,, rode her into the garage and about half hour passed while I was fitting some bits on her,,, started to here some odd noises,,, tracked them down to a pheasant that had got in the garage and was making a nest on the pilly seat of Gremlin,,, All I can say is it had more sense than most of the birds on BM,,, lol

Update Reply
Gremlinmike @ 12/01/2012 09:51  

LOL @ Mike's comment, cheeky!

Update Reply
Sandi @ 12/01/2012 10:11  

Surely not most Grem. Maybe one or two but most know exactly what they want

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 12/01/2012 10:24  

Interesting subject if i gave someone a lift id take the fuel money lol . petrol is dam expensive

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2012 13:27  

lol@latchy ..... to the point and onist ,like that lol

Update Reply
kaycat @ 12/01/2012 15:10  

i'm still open to offers

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 13/01/2012 01:40  

not sure that i fully understand this thread,up until relatively recently i have been right into the bike scene,partys,rallies,runs etc,and not once have i heard of the expectation that the bike isnt the only thing that should be serviced....:) smacks of desperation to me.... definately share costs though...

Update Reply
tuftyjohn @ 14/01/2012 14:08  

I got a Bacon sandwich and some lovely home made cake from my pilly after the north Wales run,was a fair deal as far as I was concerned.

Update Reply
Sprint900 @ 14/01/2012 15:36  

well i have had loads of pilly rides when my old bike or should i say bag of nails was no fun at all to ride!! I think some of the guys fancied me or maybe all hahaha or maybe none at all, who knows !! ive never had a problem and i think if meeting guys you have never met before whether they are on a bike or not you gotta use your gut instinct and definately set the ground rules before meeting, ya always gotta be safe. but for sure i have never had a problem with any guys ive gone pilly with and if a guy does offer you a pilly and he fancies you then of course he is gonna try make a move... its up to the gal how far the move goes lol but no doubt there may be bad guys on bikes somewhere and for sure if they are nasty like that i would probs break something too hahahaha

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2012 16:14  

i go off a lot by myself would be nice to have a pilly to chat to when you have a break,have sent loads of e-mails to the members who ask to be pilly they dont answer / reply 99per cent of the time getting to the point why do i bover lol well down the cafe tomorrow nice breccie mmmmmmmmmmmmm be safe all

Update Reply
berniepan @ 14/01/2012 19:57  

Ronnie, there seems to be an awful lot of sweet guys on this string[butter would not melt in their mouths]. You're a good looking woman, so I hope you are not to dissapointed that not one of them fancies you in the slightest. [back to the string] If some guy offers you a lift, providing you drop your draws,well,at least you know where you stand. At least you know the type of guy you're dealing with. A long term close friend, male or female, would not even think of trying to jump your bones. However, an aquaintance or stranger may quite innocently think , that a lift to an event is "possibly" the first rung on the ladder to a date. In conclusion,you have four chances of a lift 1. the guy that wants a guarenteed shag at the end of the night. 2. An act of kindness from a close friend . 3.The guy that's hoping for a shag at the end of the night. 4.The guy that's a fucking liar. Coz if he aint a 1. he's definately a 3. ..................... lol. Dusty

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2012 21:14  

we aint all like you dustin

Update Reply
berniepan @ 14/01/2012 22:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email