MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Winter riding, what could you not do without?

Winter riding, what could you not do without?  - Forums [Biker Match] Winter riding, what could you not do without?  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Winter riding, what could you not do without?

Well winter is on it's way ... Not that we had much of what you would call a summer this year.

As many know I suffer in the winter and cold because of my bad circulation but thanks to various things I have managed most years to only miss the worst (snow and ice) and ride most of the year.

It did get me thinking tho about how much trial and error went into my winter riding equipment and after reading some of the other posts thought I would ask the Q ....

What is the 1 item you would not be without in winter on the bike, and why?

For me A few years ago when I started riding I discovered a heated fleece waistcoat which has a little battery pack that on full lasts 5 hours, on mid setting (it has 9 heat settings) lasts 8 hours, it has 2 panels on either side of your chest and a 3rd across your kidneys ... Was £50 with a couple of spare batteries, the batteries are rechargeable ones not AA etc it was well worth the pennies, especially as it fits under my jacket on a cold days riding

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/10/2011 04:06  

Spesh would say his heated grips - not just for winter either!

Update Reply
Holmfirthgirl @ 22/10/2011 12:02  

Heated grips for me,,,First time ive had them on my beemer and any future bike will defo have them fitted...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/10/2011 13:11  

A bike!!!

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 22/10/2011 14:59  

You know Stella & Craig , although I have heated grips ... I have never yet used them lol

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 22/10/2011 17:34  

for riding in winter, The Car leave the bike in the garage

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 22/10/2011 20:37  

"A bike"

lol - beat me to it!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 23/10/2011 18:41  

That's twice today Geoff....am I in your good books now??

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 23/10/2011 18:43  

A full tank of fuel, full fairing and heated grips, I sit in my own little micro climate.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 23/10/2011 18:55  

i sit in my micro climate to totally happy totally warm

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/10/2011 19:49  

Handlebar muffs - u can't beat a good muff

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/10/2011 20:03  

"That's twice today Geoff....am I in your good books now??"

Of course BL! I'm a pleasant, friendly, happy go-lucky kind of guy! And I get on with everyone.

Well ... nearly everyone lol!!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/10/2011 12:04  

But u orta hear wot Roachy says 'bout him; 'Big, fat, ugly bastard, wiv frogs legs...' and that's just the polite version!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/10/2011 13:01  

It's only funny cos it's true lol!

Update Reply
geoffb2005 @ 24/10/2011 17:32  

Cheers Geoff Them heat pack jel thingies that slide inside ya gloves and anywhere elses you want to put them.

Update Reply
bandit lover @ 24/10/2011 20:22  

oversuit in its own bag neck warmer winter gloves wonder if auto socks would work on a motorbike? hmmm

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2011 01:37  

Guys (and gals), will heated grips keep the finger tips warm, too?

Some winters the ol' digits suffer badly from 'Raynauds disease' (painful.. finger tips turn white/red etc). Handlebar muffs won't solve the problem, hoping the htd grips might(?) [*That's if the bl**dy bike runs again! lol]

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 25/10/2011 01:51  

Hav u tried keeping yr hands in yr pockets?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/10/2011 08:44  

heh, the bike would be back on the road sooner if I did ;)

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 25/10/2011 10:53  

Junction I also suffer from this & have found that hand hotties down the back of your gloves help ... they are small sachets & once shook to get warm will stay that way for hours, a lot longer than gell,

I find that the cold from the air I am riding into causes hell to the top of my hand, so push them down to my knuckles in my gloves & find the heat radiating out keeps my fingers warm, I also have the foot ones for inside your boots for toes.

Failing that if you really suffer you can (as I do) take tablets in the winter months which will help speed up your circulation. See your Dr about that

Update Reply
Deleted User @ 25/10/2011 16:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email