MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Bikes, Products & Services

Winter riding, what could you not do without?

Winter riding, what could you not do without?  (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Winter riding, what could you not do without?  (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Bikes, Products & Services /

Winter riding, what could you not do without?

Yep agree with you kaz lol plus knobbley tyres cait wait for the snow

Update Reply
sumodwarf @ 30/11/2011 19:32  

i find a leather jacket is just one things i cant do without , lol

Update Reply
Jack Jones @ 30/11/2011 19:34  

What could not do without.... ermm my car, sod riding my bike in the snow and ice, too prove what how many pieces of plastic you can pick up in 5 minutes...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2011 19:02  

i'm with you there Blade_rider

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 02/12/2011 02:00  

For me in winter any mode of my own transport Lol hate having to use public transport lol

Update Reply
Meliejayne76 @ 03/12/2011 13:20  

For me its my brain i get it wrong every year im not going out if its below freezing as i always fall off an im sporting a displaced knee cap from last winter just had a mri scan on it yesterday an when ur the wrong side of 50 body takes so long to heal and bears memory ouucccchhhhh!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/12/2011 10:29  

Pot's, his bike, my leathers, helmet gloves n thermals!

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 06/12/2011 14:00  

"i still think a garage is the best place for a bike over winter"

Agree with you Bill and Blade_rider

Update Reply
gixergal @ 06/12/2011 14:30  

Oh n me boots!

Update Reply
Littlefecker @ 06/12/2011 14:33  

junction heated grips and muffs take some beating for warm n toastie pinkies in the cold, i do 10 hours a day 5 days a week despatch riding in london so i think i have a little knowledge of such things. saying that i draw the line at snow/black ice no no no no and erm noooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 23/12/2011 22:07  

heated grips money well spent

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/01/2012 23:51  

my BMW RS, with its brilliant fairing and heated grips

Update Reply
centurion @ 17/01/2012 10:21  

My K1200gt with fairing, large screen, wind deflectors, heated grips and seats, plus long johns and a couple of layers.

Update Reply
harry worth @ 17/01/2012 17:59  

Does everyone have mits over there heated grips. Iv never had any myself this year I finnialy got fed up of not been able to feel my hands by the time I got to work and brought some heated gloves. the putting all the cables in is a right pain. But I couldnt see how the heated grips would keep my hands warm the air flows over the top, thats the bit that gets cold

Update Reply
cavywavy @ 18/01/2012 22:25  

I tried bar muffs but couldn't stand them getting in the way in the rain, when you have to take your hand out to wipe your visor in traffic. Binned them. Now fitted Barkbusters Storm S1s fantastic, not as warm as muffs but way more practical and look better! Barkbusters are brilliant to deal with too! If your bike isn't on their list (mine wasn't) contact them and they'll be as helpful as you could wish for! I'd tried a couple of "universal" brands that I was assured would fit by dealers but wouldn't. Then found Barkbusters who were ace, the U.K dealer told me they wouldn't fit but Barkbusters in Australia said they would and they do! Crikey....I've gone on a bit!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2012 14:54  

my set of gerbins heated clothing. after about 2 mins it feels like your emersed in a hot bath from neck to toe . ive not got the gloves @£200 a pair . but if you can keep your heart warm it keeps blood pumping around all of your body and you dont get blood loss from fingers or toes or brain . so you can keep full concentration on the road to, very important even more so on wintry roads.

Update Reply
buzz_sp1 @ 20/01/2012 19:39  

my Sarah.......simple

Update Reply
rossoandy21 @ 22/01/2012 07:41  

awww sweet andy . but for me its me gerbing jacket and me muffs.

Update Reply
xj @ 23/01/2012 22:50  

still think it's best to leave the bike at home and go in car

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 23/01/2012 22:55  

yeah but if you need a blat out befroe you lose your mind..... even if its darn cold...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/02/2012 21:37  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email