MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Bone Marrow Register - You could help save a life

Bone Marrow Register - You could help save a life - Forums [Biker Match] Bone Marrow Register - You could help save a life - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Bone Marrow Register - You could help save a life

This is the message i recieved from Berksbiker ......Hi Jackie, sorry i only just got your message about make a wish donations dated 22 july but im afraid i cant donate as im realy struggling to make ends meet at the moment as my own son was diagnosed with Aplastic-anaemia a month ago and ive spent everything i can on him even given my own blood and registered on the bone marrow register not that it will help my son as im not a match, but please if you can ask others to join the bone marrow register as we still havnt found a match for my son. thank you :)I have just registered am hoping that a few more of you folk will follow my lead :)http://www.nhsbt.nhs.uk/bonemarrow/

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/09/2011 12:04  

Maximum age is 49, so just missed out.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 12:44  

Thanks for looking XK your slap count is reduced :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/09/2011 12:45  

Am I down into double figures yet?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 12:47  

Registered and hope can be of help!!

Update Reply
wenders @ 14/09/2011 22:29  

Thanks wenders xxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/09/2011 22:39  

Boo Just looked at the link, but I'm not allowed to register as I'm not allowed to give blood (diabetic). Sorry. I find it really frustrating seeing as the Organ Donation people are happy to take any other bit of me (granted my pancreas would be useless). Hope lots of people sign up!! xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/09/2011 23:36  

actually the "over 50" bit is not totally corect!! if (like me) your (slightly!! lol) over 50, BUT give blood regulally, (think maybe plus 25 donations? not sure) you are still eligable to be bone marrow donor till you older!! (think here its 60!) if they give you the 2 options, take the going in the day before and getting the general anestethic, trust me! hope your friends son finds a match!!!

Update Reply
oldyeti @ 15/09/2011 00:29  

OOOOOOOOOOO Oldyeti is there something i should know about??? Wont make a difference though!

Update Reply
wenders @ 15/09/2011 01:01  

Cheers to folk for taking the time to check it out :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/09/2011 09:22  

checked this out but I'm not allowed to donate, i'm not allowed to give blood anymore either due to recieving donor bone in me leg 6 weeks ago

Update Reply
drobess @ 15/09/2011 17:56  

Have enrolled to give blood, then I shall register for bone marrow too. A very good cause, you never know when you or a loved one may need it. Thanks Jackie for posting it and raising awareness.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/09/2011 18:36  

Not allowed to donate blood, marrow or anything else til I die unfortunately

Update Reply
potnoodles @ 15/09/2011 19:00  

I'm just waiting for more information from Spider (BerksBiker) before sending out an email to everyone. But in the meantime here's a pic of Ben (aged 9)...

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/09/2011 19:12  

Lolo-5 I'm in the same position as you relating to being a Diabetic and I agree it is frustrating to be an organ donor but no blood giving etc. My thoughts and prayers are with this young boy in hope they get a match.

Update Reply
BOBKAT @ 15/09/2011 19:36  

Added to Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/BikerMatchCoUk/posts/176331852441814 I think I've done it right. It wouldn't let me add just a normal update so I added a Note to my own personal account and shared that note on the business page. Can you access it ok? Good luck to Ben and strength to Spider. Greetings and hugs to Ben from everyone at BM. ~Matt

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/09/2011 22:49  

More photos with Mike's permission... See Mike's comments on our Facebook page. Quite moving

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/09/2011 22:51  

the link is a goodun Matt

Update Reply
Stroggyman @ 15/09/2011 22:55  

The facebook post works well, Matt. Unfortunately I can't join the Bone Marrow transplant, I used to be a regular blood donor but had to stop for medical reasons. I wish all the very best to Ben and hope a match is found soon. Big hugs to Spider and all the family. My mum has Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and has had many blood transfusions, she may need a bone marrow transplant but I will not be able to donate.. I hope as many people as possible register for this life saving cause. All the best, Ben

Update Reply
Karey @ 15/09/2011 23:06  

Big Thanks to everybody who has checked this out and to those who have registered :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/09/2011 09:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email